LotR TCG Wiki → Card Sets:  All 0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 → Forums:  TLHH CC

Author Topic: Ring-Bound Rangers/Moria on Steroids  (Read 9977 times)

October 20, 2008, 10:30:17 PM
Read 9977 times

SomeRandomDude

• Information Offline
  • Maia
  • Most Likely To Usurp Kralik and Dáin
    • My Wordpress
Ring-Bound Rangers/Moria on Steroids
« on: October 20, 2008, 10:30:17 PM »
35/35

Frodo, Courteous Halfling
Answer to All Riddles

Faramir, Son of Denethor
Pippin, Wearer of Black and Silver

Mablung, Soldier of Gondor
Ranger of Minas Tirith x 4
Aragorn, Captain of Gondor

Citadel of Minas Tirith x 4
Henneth Anun x 2
Hardy Garrison
Ithilien Trap x 3
Ancient Roads x 3

Arrows Thick in the Air x 3
Curse Them x 4

Faramir's Bow x 2
Ranger's Bow x 4
Aragorn's Bow

Ulaire Enquea, Lieutenant of Morgul x 3
Goblin Runner x 4
Goblin Scrabbler x 4
Goblin Flankers x 2
Goblin Backstabber x 4
Goblin Scavengers x 4
Moria Scout x 4

Goblin Scimitar x 4
Goblin Armory x 4
Goblin Swarms x 2

The point of the deck is to wound like crazy on the freeps and swarm like crazy via a block legal Nertea (pretty sure its block legal, see open r-list), then drop Enquea as well. So the swarm goes kinda like this.

Swarm like Moria.
Drop curcial comps via Enquea.
Death.

You can win on the freeps to, through all the wounding obliteration.
« Last Edit: October 21, 2008, 07:58:52 PM by NBarden »
NB- 4 year veteran of CC/TLHH

"It was like:
Kralik: "What hath God wrought"
NB: "I dunno, but I'm in ur house eating ur food.""
-Elessar's Socks

Trade List- ft. Aragorn, Defender of Rohan

October 21, 2008, 04:20:37 AM
Reply #1

leokula

• Information Offline
  • Ranger
Re: Ring-Bound Rangers/Moria on Steroids
« Reply #1 on: October 21, 2008, 04:20:37 AM »
Ur right, Nertea is block legal, tho "movie block" isn't a block!! :lol: :lol: :lol: It's a name for a format created by players. Nerta being block legal means u can play him on Fellowship Block decks. Movie block is not an official block, decipher never even mentioned it. It's a stupid name if you ask me  :hey: :suspect:

So, sorry but unless someone states that Nertea is legal for movie block (which i'm 99% sure won't happen, cause he was banned long before shadows), you can't use him.  [-X

edit: BTW, just came upon this link http://lotrtcgwiki.com/community/viewtopic.php?t=6056  :up:
« Last Edit: October 21, 2008, 04:23:19 AM by leokula »

October 21, 2008, 05:04:18 AM
Reply #2

Pepin The Breve

• Well-spoken Gentlehobbit
  • Information Offline
  • Marksman
« Reply #2 on: October 21, 2008, 05:04:18 AM »
   I agree with leokula, Nertea isn´t legal for movie block. I remember back in the day when people start to run Moria swarm + Nertea, that was just insane! Play Scavenger that grabs a scimitar that add twilight with armories that draw a card that play another minion......

Are you pretending to drop more than 5 coms at a time? if you do so you can suffer great against Enquea/Greed/6 comp stuff in general cause you don´t have any protection against it (most 6 comp hate things do it at manuever) like Shadowplay. I like the freeps anyway. You have to test it to find if your healing engine will work, cause if it don´t your fellowship will die as fast as they came to table (since your main way of win skirmishes is via exerting your guys).

Drop Nertea and add some They are Coming, this card can be the difference between a sucesful swarm and an "almost there" attempt.

October 21, 2008, 05:18:21 AM
Reply #3

leokula

• Information Offline
  • Ranger
« Reply #3 on: October 21, 2008, 05:18:21 AM »

October 21, 2008, 08:35:53 AM
Reply #4

SomeRandomDude

• Information Offline
  • Maia
    • My Wordpress
« Reply #4 on: October 21, 2008, 08:35:53 AM »
Aw...crud. I was pretty sure that Movie Block and the other block formats used the open format r-list.

But hey, I know that some of the stuff on that x-list was just restricted. Elrond, Ottar, Relics, etc were only restricted. :P

"It was like:
-Elessar's Socks

October 21, 2008, 02:44:34 PM
Reply #5

TheJord

• League Director
  • Information Offline
  • King
  • High King of Rules
    • GamesCobra
« Reply #5 on: October 21, 2008, 02:44:34 PM »
Pepin, NB hates They Are Coming for some reason
"The rule of Gondor is mine!"

October 21, 2008, 05:51:36 PM
Reply #6

Pepin The Breve

• Information Offline
  • Marksman
« Reply #6 on: October 21, 2008, 05:51:36 PM »
Pepin, NB hates They Are Coming for some reason

Well i really like it. The good thing about Moria is that you can cilce your hand (i.e. not cloging your hand waiting for have crowds of minions at hand) and even so you still make a powerful swarm. If you have say, just 3 minions at hand. discard 3 cards from hand, pull scavenger from discard, he grabs the scimitar that adds twilight (with armories), you draw a card (no luck?) well you still have 3 cards to discard so pull another scavenger (or host of moria if you have pool for it) and do it again! This way you can make your, bad shadow hand at first glance, in a swarm of about 5-9 minions.
Since almost every Moria deck runs Enquea at Movie Block the freeps shouldn´t have much more than 5 comps, so it can be a pretty devastating swarm on poor Frodo even with only 3-5 minions at hand.
    I have loose to it plenty of times (before i throw some PATHS in) so i think it worth its cost.

October 21, 2008, 07:56:23 PM
Reply #7

SomeRandomDude

• Information Offline
  • Maia
    • My Wordpress
« Reply #7 on: October 21, 2008, 07:56:23 PM »
Ithilien Trap. Enquea hits and gets exhausted. :D

As for they are coming, I don't like its big 3 twilight cost. And I think it kinda does hamper your swarm ability somewhat. But then again, most of my Moria decks run on the Sneak/Underdeeps engine...so They Are Coming really isn't that great.

Threat of the Unknown is crazy with all the 1 vitality guys I'm running. :P

What I'll probably end up doing is slimming the deck down to 35/35.

I'm feeling way out of my element in Movie Block lol. I may stick with expanded, standard, and all that open brokenness. So people actually do pack Greed/Enquea in Movie Block?
« Last Edit: October 21, 2008, 08:02:35 PM by NBarden »

"It was like:
-Elessar's Socks

October 22, 2008, 09:06:17 AM
Reply #8

Pepin The Breve

• Information Offline
  • Marksman
« Reply #8 on: October 22, 2008, 09:06:17 AM »
    If people pack Enquea???  Here he is the most common card from crowd controling, sometimes people throw him even in other culture decks just to prevent 6 or more comps. Greed is common on Isengard decks. I personally don´t use Enquea in every deck, but i always put some engine that breaks huge fellowships like Gorgoroth Swarm + Gothmog (doin trick at shadow phase is really nice, the freeps can´t do anything about it), Southron Veterans + Seasoned Leader and even War Towers (which i like very much...adding tons of threats for 1 twilight when facing many comps).

The people i play around here never play the sixth companion, and i mean...NEVER! I just can´t tell you if this 6 comp hate are just some local aspect or if people in other places do it too. Although i have to admit that some decks don´t have anything against six comps (but people just don´t wanna take their chances). The only movie block deck i have seen that play all 9 comps are the "Ent Running Forest", cause you have many comps of high vit with considerable strenght and often gandy support to stay alive. Last time i face them i just chopped all the tress with War Towers + big fierce minion + pump.

Anyway, consider adding Host of Moria too, he is awesome!

October 22, 2008, 09:08:54 AM
Reply #9

SomeRandomDude

• Information Offline
  • Maia
    • My Wordpress
« Reply #9 on: October 22, 2008, 09:08:54 AM »
Yeah, weighing the idea of adding Host of Moria. Not sure.

Um...well I come from standard and expanded, and in my experience, nobody run Shotgun Enquea unless they're building a deck around him, and nobody at all enforces the rule of 5 in standard, maybe an odd Cantea, Black Assassin, but he usually gets killed off ASAP.

"It was like:
-Elessar's Socks

October 22, 2008, 09:17:13 AM
Reply #10

Pepin The Breve

• Information Offline
  • Marksman
« Reply #10 on: October 22, 2008, 09:17:13 AM »
  Yeah, you are right about the six comp stuff in standard but we have some nasty minions like Tower Troll or Enquea. I personally love to pack Anduin Banks in my wounding shadow decks, just in case...

October 22, 2008, 05:55:41 PM
Reply #11

Kralik

« Reply #11 on: October 22, 2008, 05:55:41 PM »
Ur right, Nertea is block legal, tho "movie block" isn't a block!! :lol: :lol: :lol: It's a name for a format created by players. Nerta being block legal means u can play him on Fellowship Block decks. Movie block is not an official block, decipher never even mentioned it. It's a stupid name if you ask me  :hey: :suspect:

Movie Block is listed as a special format on Decipher's LOTRO, which is where the X-list came from.

Yeah, weighing the idea of adding Host of Moria. Not sure.

I'd recommend it because it is so versatile. Nothing like getting a discarded [Moria] condition back when you need it, or pulling a Goblin Scavengers. I realize it's not in your deck but Host of Moria also works well with a Moria Axe.

February 02, 2009, 08:23:44 PM
Reply #12

Gerontius

• Information Offline
  • Horseman
« Reply #12 on: February 02, 2009, 08:23:44 PM »
Is Frenzy allowed in movie block?

February 03, 2009, 06:32:37 AM
Reply #13

daisukeman

• Information Offline
  • Troll
  • Evil Bilbo is always appropiate for this forum
« Reply #13 on: February 03, 2009, 06:32:37 AM »
Frenzy is allowed,.
As far as using They are coming, IMHO it works if you have 3 copies at least. That way, you play before site 4 and it doesn't hurt spending 3 twilight this way. Because of its ability, the additional copies get discarded to bring minions later on.
Sure it may not pay to play They are coming if it comes to your hand at site 5 or later.
My opinions may have changed, but not the fact that i'm right...