LotR TCG Wiki → Card Sets:  All 0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 → Forums:  TLHH CC

Author Topic: Ottar Man of Laketown  (Read 4102 times)

August 19, 2017, 11:54:52 AM
Read 4102 times

Larry5000

• Information Offline
  • Troll
Ottar Man of Laketown
« on: August 19, 2017, 11:54:52 AM »
In the write up on the Wiki site this paragraph has this to say about Ottar Man of Laketown: The strength of Ottar lies in his ability to build a perfect hand. If the Free Peoples player faces a twilight-choking opponent, he or she may want to discard superfluous Shadow cards. If the Free Peoples player draws multiple copies of a unique character or condition, Ottar can discard them. With the ability to choose up to three cards, Ottar provides a lot of flexibility.

My Question is with the Keyword in this sentence "Choose" With the ability to choose up to three cards. His actual gametext says: To play, spot Gandalf. Fellowship: Exert Ottar to discard up to 3 cards from hand and draw an equal number of cards. The keyword there is "Draw" Not Choose. In my way of thinking Draw mean you take the top 3 cards from your draw deck into hand, verses going through the deck and 'Choosing' 3 cards. Not sure who did the write up for the card but if I am missing something let me know, which way is it for sure?

August 19, 2017, 01:08:20 PM
Reply #1

Enabran

• Information Offline
  • Scout
Re: Ottar Man of Laketown
« Reply #1 on: August 19, 2017, 01:08:20 PM »
I do not know where your problem is...

but almost every article you write should be in "Archives of Minas Tirith" not here in "Lothlorien"
If you have a question to a specific card, please post the next one there.

The possible answer to your question may be the word "up to"

If you do not need 2 cards in your hand use his gametext, discard up to 3 cards, in this case 2, and draw the same number of cards; Two in this case.

Next answer to your possible problem:
There is no word written in the article that you are allowed to "choose" cards from your deck. You "choose" which cards you want to discard from your hand.

But remember the Rule of 4. You, as a free peoples player, are not allowed to draw more than 4 cards during your fellowship phase.
This applies to cards taken into hand by any means. This does not apply to cards drawn "at the start of each of your turns."

August 19, 2017, 01:36:13 PM
Reply #2

Larry5000

• Information Offline
  • Troll
« Reply #2 on: August 19, 2017, 01:36:13 PM »
Never mind I got totally stupid I understand now what he was saying.. he meant the ability to choose which 1,2, or 3 cards you want to discard gives you flexability. :-( I am sorry

Sorry I posted this in the wrong place.
« Last Edit: August 19, 2017, 02:00:05 PM by Larry5000 »

August 19, 2017, 02:15:54 PM
Reply #3

Larry5000

• Information Offline
  • Troll
« Reply #3 on: August 19, 2017, 02:15:54 PM »
Right, my initial reading of the article made me jump to conclusions that you could some how choose to grab out of the draw deck ever how many you discarded. It was my bad for reading it wrong.