LotR TCG Wiki → Card Sets:  All 0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 → Forums:  TLHH CC

Author Topic: Hobbit Game on Gemp - Current Status and Bugs  (Read 34435 times)

November 12, 2017, 12:25:01 PM
Reply #15

Dictionary

• Information Offline
  • Marksman
  • Duplicitous Deckbuilder
Re: Hobbit Game on Gemp - Current status and Bugs
« Reply #15 on: November 12, 2017, 12:25:01 PM »
It appears Caught in a Sack also costs 0 twilight, rather than 2.
Visit LOTR TCG wiki for strategy articles and extra card details, contributed by various community members. All set 1 cards finished.

November 12, 2017, 12:46:36 PM
Reply #16

Durin's Heir

• Information Offline
  • Ranger
  • Alex Jones was right
« Reply #16 on: November 12, 2017, 12:46:36 PM »
True, we both played it at Region 3 Region 1, and never removed any twilight when doing so. Added.
« Last Edit: November 13, 2017, 09:21:08 AM by Durin's Heir »
“If you're not careful, the newspapers will have you hating the people who are being oppressed, and loving the people who are doing the oppressing.”  - Malcolm X

November 12, 2017, 03:05:09 PM
Reply #17

Deckhunter

• Information Offline
  • Orc
« Reply #17 on: November 12, 2017, 03:05:09 PM »
http://www.gempukku.com/gemp-lotr/game.html?replayId=deckhunter$z2ugvij8ztfgrr0p

at site seven after gandalf's skirmish with the great goblin began it gave an error message saying it should be posted here, not sure what triggered it.

Also, the ring's twilight cost seems to be two when it should be zero, and watchful orc's ability works in the regroup phase.

Hope this helps.

Edit: Troll Campfire also says it can be played without spotting a troll.
« Last Edit: November 12, 2017, 03:07:09 PM by Deckhunter »

November 12, 2017, 03:34:31 PM
Reply #18

botox600

• Information Offline
  • Neekerbreeker
« Reply #18 on: November 12, 2017, 03:34:31 PM »
Why to play Enchanted River you dont have to spot spider?

November 12, 2017, 07:00:35 PM
Reply #19

Phallen Cassidy

• Information Offline
  • Bowman
« Reply #19 on: November 12, 2017, 07:00:35 PM »
Almost fixed Caught in a Sack (prompt will still say "null to prevent null"), corrected Troll Knife and The One Ring twilight cost, corrected Tauriel (previously, she had a regroup action returning any minion of strength 6 or less to owner's hand).

I'm not currently able to tinker with allowing only 1 copy of any Bilbo or Gandalf - too many moving parts. MarcinS could take a look at it, otherwise I hadn't considered it a big deal for now.

All card limit issues should be fixed. Once the last 13 cards are implemented, the current plan is that packs with the legal limit for The Hobbit will be available in the Merchant.
« Last Edit: November 13, 2017, 12:22:30 PM by Phallen Cassidy »

November 12, 2017, 07:11:10 PM
Reply #20

Chrispy77

• Information Offline
  • Orc
« Reply #20 on: November 12, 2017, 07:11:10 PM »
http://www.gempukku.com/gemp-lotr/game.html?replayId=LlamaHero$odh9nj394lyig3sp

Replay link of game ending in an error when Theorin skirmishes Bolg

November 13, 2017, 06:34:51 AM
Reply #21

Zeispharn

• Information Offline
  • Goblin
« Reply #21 on: November 13, 2017, 06:34:51 AM »
http://www.gempukku.com/gemp-lotr/game.html?replayId=Zeispharn$4tzoh0pkkmmwpgt7

New bugs found during this game:
- Dawn Take You All! is playable only in manoeuver, should be in skirmish
- Gandalf, Friend to Thorin is discarded by site 5 even if he can spot 2 dwarven followers
- Wizard Staff takes spells from discard, should be from deck

November 13, 2017, 09:15:38 AM
Reply #22

Deckhunter

• Information Offline
  • Orc
« Reply #22 on: November 13, 2017, 09:15:38 AM »
Another error message at site eight, but no great goblin or bolg. Smaug was out and it happened at the beginning of the skirmish phase, but other than that I'm not sure what it could be.

http://www.gempukku.com/gemp-lotr/game.html?replayId=deckhunter$82z7hkm1kszn99px

November 13, 2017, 10:10:53 AM
Reply #23

Durin's Heir

• Information Offline
  • Ranger
  • Alex Jones was right
« Reply #23 on: November 13, 2017, 10:10:53 AM »
Made again the List #1 (Card Restrictions), it's now much more friendly AND doesn't require you to open Enola's list and compare.

All new bugs mentioned by @Deckhunter, @Zeispharn and @Phallen were added to the 1st post.

@Deckhunter's finding of Watchful Orc's bug is encouraging: after reading the code (I am no programmer) I was sure it was coded to work during the wrong phase... the only question was if it was coded to work well (regardless of phase). And that happens to be affirmative! :up:

I'm not currently able to tinker with allowing only 1 copy of any Bilbo or Gandalf - too many moving parts. MarcinS could take a look at it, otherwise I hadn't considered it a big deal for now.
Bilbo is not so important, other copies can only heal him (and Lore of Imladris/Elrond/Óin are much better in such task). Gandalf is different: other copies allow him to be replaced after he's discarded, and surprisingly that might even be a virtue and not a failure, since AWINL doesn't play him from discard and Beorn's House & Radagast are absent: those 3 cards were meant to recover Gandalf, or prevent him from disappearing. So in my opinion :up: by now.

Why to play Enchanted River you dont have to spot spider?
Good question. That's due to the randomness of the original Draft format. Enchanted River is part of a thematic "Supplementary Pack" (each of which has 6 FP cards, 2 Shadow ones and 1 site), portraying a specific conflict or subplot of the Quest. Those packs are picked randomly in the Draft, and the same goes with the Shadow Packs. So the Shadow cards in the Supplementary Packs must never depend on specific cultures or cards of a Shadow Pack.

But we made them work better when combined with a Shadow Pack of the same "theme" or "plot." So Enchanted River (Wizard Pack) can be used by any Shadow deck, except that Spiders use it better. Caught in a Sack too comes in a Supplementary Pack (Bilbo Pack), so any culture can use it but the 3 Trolls pay a much softer cost (and helps them twice per site by being fierce).

Thanks to everyone for your time playtesting and posting!

I think I'll be adding each Crashed Game replay link at the bottom of the first second post, just gimme some time.

EDIT: Done. 2nd post, not 1st.
« Last Edit: November 13, 2017, 11:46:58 AM by Durin's Heir »
“If you're not careful, the newspapers will have you hating the people who are being oppressed, and loving the people who are doing the oppressing.”  - Malcolm X

November 13, 2017, 12:53:29 PM
Reply #24

MarcinS

• Information Offline
  • Knight
« Reply #24 on: November 13, 2017, 12:53:29 PM »
Fixed (in code) all the bugs in the list so far, including new link to the "Smaug's Den", as well as fully implemented the deck validation for Hobbit (including special Bilbo and Gandalf uniqueness) and format description.

I'll work on adding the missing cards now, and will restart the server when I'm finished.
New/old way to play Lord of the Rings online.
Give Gemp-LotR a try.
All sets are finished

November 13, 2017, 04:05:08 PM
Reply #25

MarcinS

• Information Offline
  • Knight
« Reply #25 on: November 13, 2017, 04:05:08 PM »
(Online) All the reported bugs have been fixed, format rules have been fixed and are displaying in format list, missing cards have been added.

I'm going through the error log now, and noticed that "Gwaihir" is causing errors, if it is not attached to anything and activated it's Skirmish ability. Will be fixed on next restart.
Give Gemp-LotR a try.
All sets are finished

November 13, 2017, 05:11:09 PM
Reply #26

daisukeman

• Information Offline
  • Troll
  • Evil Bilbo is always appropiate for this forum
« Reply #26 on: November 13, 2017, 05:11:09 PM »
Hi All,
After successful bug-fixing, these were encountered Nov 14-2017, based on this replay link:
http://www.gempukku.com/gemp-lotr/game.html?replayId=daisukeman$uzdct4j6ifn9wodj

1. Crazy cob is not working.
Orcs were killed and discarded but nothing triggered.
Regarding this I have a question: stacking orcs in goblin swarms would count? I would prefer it doesn't, but anyway..

2. Site 4 Underground lake does not apply the once per turn limit (for shadow player).

3. Bolg servant of sauron will highlight in shadow, and assignment phases. Though, unaware of what it is it could do, but there was nothing else it should from my perspective.

4. Game finished abruptedly with the cancelling thing. This time in fellowship phase (not even assigning to a minion).

Keep up the great effort and work!

My opinions may have changed, but not the fact that i'm right...

November 13, 2017, 05:30:13 PM
Reply #27

Deckhunter

• Information Offline
  • Orc

November 13, 2017, 05:37:01 PM
Reply #28

MarcinS

• Information Offline
  • Knight
« Reply #28 on: November 13, 2017, 05:37:01 PM »
daisukeman:
1. I've fixed it, so you should be able to play a minion from hand if an Orc is killed, this should have worked for being discarded already. The reason it did not seem to work in your replay when you were discarding Orcs, was that you did not have a minion you could play in your hand at the time. (at least the times I've seen).
2. It does apply it, but the limit applies to playing the card from deck, and NOT to activating the ability. In other words, you can activate it as many times as you wish, it just won't do anything.
3. This is already fixed.

As always, fixes will be live after next server restart.
Give Gemp-LotR a try.
All sets are finished

November 13, 2017, 05:39:06 PM
Reply #29

MarcinS

• Information Offline
  • Knight
« Reply #29 on: November 13, 2017, 05:39:06 PM »
The game got an error after playing ancestral knowledge. Twice.

http://www.gempukku.com/gemp-lotr/game.html?replayId=deckhunter$yk3ixi4frqzu2oey

http://www.gempukku.com/gemp-lotr/game.html?replayId=deckhunter$ylbmm5ui57yygp0z

Fixed (after restart):
- "Ancestral Knowledge" no longer crashes the game, when a Dwarf follower is present.
Give Gemp-LotR a try.
All sets are finished