LotR TCG Wiki → Card Sets:  All 0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 → Forums:  TLHH CC

Author Topic: Hobbit Game on Gemp - Current Status and Bugs  (Read 34430 times)

December 02, 2017, 10:40:12 AM
Reply #90

Durin's Heir

• Information Offline
  • Ranger
  • Alex Jones was right
Re: Hobbit Game on Gemp - Current Status and Bugs
« Reply #90 on: December 02, 2017, 10:40:12 AM »
@Phallen: I must say, my hat (and scalp)'s off to you! Really clever fix for Thranduil! The same treatment can be done for Roäc.

Updated the 1st post, changing these to blue (fix already coded):
- Dori, Dwarven Song and Great Barricade (wrong cost),
- Tauriel (wrong player chooses),
- Thranduil,
- Nori (wrong phase),
- Battle Fury,
- Ancestral Knowledge (lack of limit),
- Bilbo, Master in Riddles.

Removed Underground Lake from the list.

--------

- Gandalf, The Grey: Yes, Beorn makes him too powerful. But there's another card that turns this version into a killing machine: Dawn Take You All. Each other [Gandalf] event makes The Grey assign 1 direct wound, but that spell does it thrice. So besides R-listing both Beorn and The Eagles Are Coming, might be good to limit Dawn Take You All to 2x only.

I don't like the idea of X-listing The Eagles Are Coming, since it synergizes very well with Gwaihir to attach him again after using his skill. But either X-listing or R-listing The Eagles Are Coming, I'd compensate that strong reduction in Gwaihir's fetching by making his max copies be 4x (there's little risk of clogging, since he discards his own extra copies, even without Gandalf).

In the next format "The Clouds Burst", only Nenya and Gathering of the Three Rings could be a good cards for Gandalf The Grey.
There will be also Former Herald. But yes, the addition of Jail and The Great Enemy should provide a good counter (with Narzug wounding Galadriel and Elrond allies).

Besides restricting and/or X-listing things, I think we might even import 1 (pre-existent) card from another Hobbit format. The Great Enemy would punish The Grey more often than LotC or FoT (since the safest way to replay Gandalf at site 5+ is another Wise character: Radagast).
« Last Edit: December 02, 2017, 10:59:28 AM by Durin's Heir »
“If you're not careful, the newspapers will have you hating the people who are being oppressed, and loving the people who are doing the oppressing.”  - Malcolm X

December 04, 2017, 04:00:40 PM
Reply #91

daisukeman

• Information Offline
  • Troll
  • Evil Bilbo is always appropiate for this forum
« Reply #91 on: December 04, 2017, 04:00:40 PM »
Hi,
Not sure how site 9 should work regarding the "remove your minion from the game" part, but it seems that it's off.
Also, I'm reporting that goblin song's ability to be played from discard has issues with the great goblin:
http://www.gempukku.com/gemp-lotr/game.html?replayId=daisukeman$1azskxeidi3lk7xy

Best regards,
My opinions may have changed, but not the fact that i'm right...

December 23, 2017, 02:04:52 PM
Reply #92

Durin's Heir

• Information Offline
  • Ranger
  • Alex Jones was right
« Reply #92 on: December 23, 2017, 02:04:52 PM »
I'm very sorry for this long delay. Yes, Goblin Song is a slightly bugged: you need to exert the Great Goblin twice to play it, and you exerted him along with another Orc to pay its regular cost first, so you were unable to also exert him twice (which would be possible only if unwounded and bearing Savage Warg, and wasn't the case)...

So the bug consist in the order of costs. Currently, happens to pay first the regular cost of Goblin Song ([1] + 2 Orcs exerting once), but should pay first the 2 exertions of the Great Goblin whenever it's played from discard. That creates confusion, but is still playable the right way if you order well the exertions. Added to the list.

About Ravenhill's skill to play a minion from discard (at twilight cost -2, by removing a minion in play from the game), it worked well the in the 1st playtest ever (Enola vs me, Nov 10). Remember that it works at Maneuver phase, perhaps you believed it was at Shadow.

Thanks for your much needed help! And excuse me again for this delay, these weeks have been really hard.
“If you're not careful, the newspapers will have you hating the people who are being oppressed, and loving the people who are doing the oppressing.”  - Malcolm X

January 04, 2018, 07:24:53 AM
Reply #93

Durin's Heir

• Information Offline
  • Ranger
  • Alex Jones was right
« Reply #93 on: January 04, 2018, 07:24:53 AM »
Updated the 1st post. MarcinS implemented Phallen's fixes and Restriction changes. Bravo!
« Last Edit: January 04, 2018, 07:39:27 AM by Durin's Heir »

March 08, 2018, 08:59:28 AM
Reply #94

Phallen Cassidy

• Information Offline
  • Bowman
« Reply #94 on: March 08, 2018, 08:59:28 AM »
The following will take effect after the next server reset:

Gandalf, Leader of Dwarves now properly discards two Dwarf followers
Gandalf, Leader of the Company and Gandalf, Leader of Dwarves are now properly Wise.
He Gives Me Courage no longer allows the Free Peoples to exert Gandalf if he cannot exert a Wise [Elven] ally (removing no burdens)
Dawn Take You All now wounds an exhausted minion twice if no minion has more than 1 vitality and there are no Trolls
Beorn, Skin-Changer now really cannot be discarded while borne
The Eagles Are Coming now properly attaches a follower
Goblin Song now properly exerts The Great Goblin twice before playing from discard, and can only be played from discard if the Shadow player can exert two Orcs afterwards
Riddles in the Dark now properly prompts the Free Peoples player
Trollshaw Forest now properly gives each player the opportunity to play a hand weapon

March 08, 2018, 03:01:07 PM
Reply #95

-Enola-

• Information Offline
  • Marksman
« Reply #95 on: March 08, 2018, 03:01:07 PM »
Thanks a lot Phallen.

I don't know if you see it, but I changed the images of Beorn, Old Trush (and Roac). Since their game texts can be use only if they are attached, I specify their texts. It's still the same way to play them, only an erratum making their texts simpler.

Are you ready to implement the next extension: The Clouds Burst? :)  (Swarm Pack 2 and Beatdown Pack 2 and 4 other supplementary Packs)
Hobbit Draft Game : http://hobbitdraftgame.free.fr

March 11, 2018, 11:38:49 AM
Reply #96

Phallen Cassidy

• Information Offline
  • Bowman
« Reply #96 on: March 11, 2018, 11:38:49 AM »
Another one found:
• Caught in a Sack will be properly unique

March 11, 2018, 11:52:40 AM
Reply #97

Danny

• Information Offline
  • Goblin
« Reply #97 on: March 11, 2018, 11:52:40 AM »
Can't wait for The Clouds Burst  =D>

March 12, 2018, 05:11:40 AM
Reply #98

Durin's Heir

• Information Offline
  • Ranger
  • Alex Jones was right
« Reply #98 on: March 12, 2018, 05:11:40 AM »
Updated the 1st post. Now all known bugs are blue (that is, the fix is only waiting for the next restart). Thanks Phallen, you're the man! :up:

Can't wait for The Clouds Burst  =D>
Sauron and the Nazgûl, the [Dwarven] / [Sauron] Ring of Thrór, Smaug playing mind games, the White Council... it'll be really delightful!