LotR TCG Wiki → Card Sets:  All 0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 → Forums:  TLHH CC

Author Topic: Fellowship Block Draft Help  (Read 1843 times)

April 12, 2020, 05:41:58 PM
Read 1843 times

FrahlerGames

• Information Offline
  • Neekerbreeker
Fellowship Block Draft Help
« on: April 12, 2020, 05:41:58 PM »
Hey all,

First time posting so apologies if this should be posted in Bag End. Getting into LOTR TCG I wanted to start with Fellowship block! I bought a Fellowship box, a Fellowship Draft Box, and the starters from Fellowship/ Mines of Moria (heard Elf Lord starters weren't the best).

I was wondering if there was any info on what was recommended for drafting Fellowship with 4 people. Would it be better to have 4 draft packs and 12 Fellowship Packs or rather 4 draft packs; 4 Fellowship, 4 Mines of Moria, and 4 Realm of the Elf Lords packs? The reason I'm asking is because I saw the Fellowship Draft Packs had cards from all three sets mixed in them. I wanted to save the remaining packs for when I'm more experienced with the game and able to draft. Appreciate all the help and look forward to playing the game!  :up:

-FrahlerGames

April 13, 2020, 11:19:24 AM
Reply #1

Kreggers

• Information Offline
  • Orc
Re: Fellowship Block Draft Help
« Reply #1 on: April 13, 2020, 11:19:24 AM »
There is actually an instructions booklet inside the Fellowship draft box - but it basically recommends having each player take 1 draft pack, 3 boosters (your choice on 3 fellowship or 1 of each - doesnt really matter), and then I believe everyone has their own Frodo/ring and perhaps setting aside the Balrog and sites.

I actually just played this way a few days ago and it was a ton of fun.

I recommend doing 1 of each if you have them but if not, 3 fellowship boosters works too.

April 13, 2020, 09:41:24 PM
Reply #2

FrahlerGames

• Information Offline
  • Neekerbreeker
« Reply #2 on: April 13, 2020, 09:41:24 PM »
Appreciate it! I was going to save unboxing it once the rest of the starters I ordered came in the mail. I'm probably going to do one of each and save the packs for once quarantine is over, assuming I can eventually find reasonable Realm pack prices. Thanks again! 

June 16, 2020, 10:31:38 AM
Reply #3

5tein

• Information Offline
  • Tracker
« Reply #3 on: June 16, 2020, 10:31:38 AM »
I don't know which is harder to find / pricier -- RotEL or Reflections, but we often swapped in Reflections boosters for Realms. It's not mentioned in the official rules, but I clearly remember Reflections Draft being a thing for a while -- iirc it was 1x Draft Pack + 2x Reflections. Tons of fun.

PS I recommend that you track each the draft pack's contents so you can reuse them.

June 17, 2020, 12:33:51 AM
Reply #4

TelTura

• Information Offline
  • Ranger
  • Administrator
    • Player's Council Discord
« Reply #4 on: June 17, 2020, 12:33:51 AM »
A reusable draft is called a "Cube", and there's at least a couple of cube lists for the LotR-TCG floating around.
Come join the Player's Council to help us run events, create new cards, and steer the direction of this great game!

Join our Discord here for more information.