LotR TCG Wiki → Card Sets:  All 0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 → Forums:  TLHH CC

Author Topic: Different editions of Cards  (Read 2390 times)

April 13, 2020, 11:10:18 AM
Read 2390 times

Kreggers

• Information Offline
  • Orc
Different editions of Cards
« on: April 13, 2020, 11:10:18 AM »
Hi all,

I recently discovered that there are different editions of cards - 1st edition (small circle with 1 lower right corner of card), reprint (no 1 bottom right), Alpha (revised errata on card, small A lower right) and Beta (revised errata on card, small B lower right). All sets 1-14 have 1st edition, and 15-19 omitted printing the 1 as they were rushing release of the final sets.

Knowing this, I've checked my collection and found that I have at least 1 copy of all cards in sets 1-14 with the 1st edition symbol except for 7. I am able to get 6 from my brother-in-law, but can't seem to find a copy of Eomer, Keeper of Oaths that has the 1. All copies I have on hand or see online have the Alpha-revised version.

Does anyone here happen to have a 1st edition version or know if this even exists?

Attaching example of the different styles

June 12, 2020, 01:30:43 AM
Reply #1

rubbercarp

• Information Offline
  • Villager
    • www.ccg-singles.com
Re: Different editions of Cards
« Reply #1 on: June 12, 2020, 01:30:43 AM »
It might be that the "First edition" of the card is/was the Promotional Card 0P49.

For starters it doesn't have the Keyword "Valiant" and the wording is slightly different.
Still, you would think that first run of anything in a new set like that would be considered a 1st. This card does seem to be an outlier.

None of the versions that I have of 8C87 have a 1. They are all revision A
All of my extra Lord of the Rings TCG, MECCG, SWCCG, and WoW TCG singles are available for sale on my website: http://www.ccg-singles.com

December 24, 2020, 10:50:13 AM
Reply #2

ket_the_jet

• Information Offline
  • King
  • Administrator
  • He/Him/His
Re: Different editions of Cards
« Reply #2 on: December 24, 2020, 10:50:13 AM »
I believe I can answer this for you.

The cards with the "1" were the initial printing of Fellowship of the Ring cards. These are what you find when you purchase Fellowship of the Rings booster boxes.

The cards without the "1" are from draft packs and, I believe, the Mines of Moria Gandalf starter [the Gimli starter obviously had Gimli, Dwarf of the Mountain Race].

The cards with the A are the errata'd versions of the card, which I believe were available in the Realms of the Elf Lords starter decks.

You can find a bit more about the errata history of this Gimli, Dwarf of Erebor on its Wiki page.
-wtk

Edit: I now realize I was responding to a topic a few months old, bumped by a spam post. I'm keeping the answer up regardless as I find the answer to be helpful.
« Last Edit: December 24, 2020, 10:52:10 AM by ket_the_jet »