LotR TCG Wiki → Card Sets:  All 0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 → Forums:  TLHH CC

Author Topic: Game Results  (Read 71519 times)

March 31, 2011, 01:34:52 PM
Reply #75

Gerontius

• Information Offline
  • Horseman
Re: Game Results
« Reply #75 on: March 31, 2011, 01:34:52 PM »
Gerontius Vrs. Imrahil
Movie
My Trust Me Aragorn/Weather Trackers vs his Gondor with Denethor setup/Southron initiative wounding

We both bid 0. I win the coin flip and make him go first. He starts a Boromir RB, Denethor LoMT, and Derufin. I start Gandalf and Frodo, and then draw an Aragorn and a Trust me, doubling to 3 with no opposition from his shadow. Imrahil didn't double so I'm ahead on the site path. He singles to site 3 unscathed, although I get Fell Voice on the Air and a Weary out. At site 3 he takes a few cards from his draw deck, then heals with Hard Choice and takes two more. Elendil with Narsil comes out and it's clear he hopes to triple to site six. At site 4 I play Ugluk, Mauhur, three other trackers, and Wizard Storm, killing two of his seven companions, as well as forcing him to use all of his Noble Leaders tokens. He discards them all with Guarded (where'd that card come from?) and moves to site 5 through Wizard Storm. Saruman, SoS comes out with Uruk Hunter who picks off Gandalf. I'm clogged with freeps cards by now so when he makes the triple move to site 6 I have only one more tracker to add. Still, Elendil is exhausted as well as most of the rest of his fellowship. For my next few free peoples turns Imrahil just plays all the minions he has instead of trying to set up a decent swarm. Still, my 3 person fellowship is often outnumbered, but I have lots of stuff to help like 4x Valiant Man of the West, Coat of Mail on Aragorn, Bounder, and Trust Me.
I single to 5 and then double to 7 to give me the chance of doubling to 9 if I can't kill his fellowship. Meanwhile, my shadow kills off another companion, leaving him with Elendil, Aragorn (both with Weary) and Boromir, who has two wounds and 5 burdens. I only manage to draw one Ugluk with a Broad-Bladed sword, and I also play Saruman's Snows. Because Elendil is one exertion from exhaustion and has weary and Aragorn is exhausted, I think I'll manage to kill both of them. However, Imrahil plays Banner of the White Tree (:o) on Elendil, beating Ugluk twice 12-11 and killing him. Imrahil moves on and I draw into two copies of Saruman but no trackers.
Imrahil wins  :up:

September 28, 2020, 12:48:38 PM
Reply #76

JamesCB

• Information Offline
  • Troll
« Reply #76 on: September 28, 2020, 12:48:38 PM »
:lol: Are we the only people on here that actually use our cards to play?

I use legit cards.

September 30, 2020, 06:09:48 AM
Reply #77

Phallen Cassidy

• Information Offline
  • Bowman
« Reply #77 on: September 30, 2020, 06:09:48 AM »
I truly must thank you for bumping this topic so I could read Imrahil's games on the previous page.

September 30, 2020, 07:21:25 AM
Reply #78

JamesCB

• Information Offline
  • Troll
« Reply #78 on: September 30, 2020, 07:21:25 AM »
Thanks... I guess? ???

September 30, 2020, 08:00:09 AM
Reply #79

Gerontius

• Information Offline
  • Horseman
« Reply #79 on: September 30, 2020, 08:00:09 AM »
I truly must thank you for bumping this topic so I could read Imrahil's games on the previous page.
I can't believe it's been 9 years...

September 30, 2020, 06:06:48 PM
Reply #80

Imrahil

• Information Offline
  • Troll
« Reply #80 on: September 30, 2020, 06:06:48 PM »
Y'all lucky to be playing me online. The most cathartic thing about most physical sports is that you get to shove people and hit/kick things. Tabletop games just don't measure up in that regard.

But that corsair game was nothing compared to a couple years ago when Gerontius and I played a campaign mission in FFG's Imperial Assault, only for Gerontius to decide that his optimum move was to move Vader away from our heroes and hide him a corner behind a wall of storm troopers. He'd ceded the field, the initiative, and the loot, but the campaign manual apparently required us to kill Vader or fail the mission. After four hours of carefully planning every action, we (the rebel players) were bested by the ol' "#$&*@! Vader" turtle strategy, in total violation of the spirit of the game and the logic of the mission narrative.

Closest I've ever come to flipping a table and running screaming into the night.
Never under any circumstances take a sleeping pill and a laxative on the same night.

-Dave Barry