LotR TCG Wiki → Card Sets:  All 0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 → Forums:  TLHH CC

Author Topic: LOTR TCG Facebook Group, we have a good thing going!  (Read 3676 times)

April 30, 2020, 05:16:47 PM
Read 3676 times

Jerba

• Information Offline
  • Villager
LOTR TCG Facebook Group, we have a good thing going!
« on: April 30, 2020, 05:16:47 PM »
If you are a Facebook user, join us on the LOTR TCG group! We have a ton of activity and discussion going on! Lots of trading, rules discussion and and showing off!

https://www.facebook.com/groups/1465106970387398/

April 30, 2020, 06:55:56 PM
Reply #1

FingolfinFinwe

• Information Offline
  • Marksman
Re: LOTR TCG Facebook Group, we have a good thing going!
« Reply #1 on: April 30, 2020, 06:55:56 PM »
Yes please join!  It's been a great bit of fresh air!

May 04, 2020, 09:55:37 PM
Reply #2

Kreggers

• Information Offline
  • Orc
« Reply #2 on: May 04, 2020, 09:55:37 PM »
Wooo group is growing fast! Nice!

May 09, 2020, 12:11:49 AM
Reply #3

Jerba

• Information Offline
  • Villager
« Reply #3 on: May 09, 2020, 12:11:49 AM »
Thank you to those that have joined! We are having a great time!

May 09, 2020, 05:13:40 AM
Reply #4

Phallen Cassidy

• Information Online
  • Bowman
« Reply #4 on: May 09, 2020, 05:13:40 AM »
I'll be honest, I don't really get the point. Why I should branch to Facebook when there's already plenty of life on Gemp (where everyone already is to play games) and here (where posts don't go away or get drowned out based on what Facebook deems more "current")? For that matter, why shouldn't I just join this group? Or the Reddit? Or the Discord that was created a while back, or the new Discord that's being proposed?

I'm not trying to rain on anyone's parade, but it just doesn't click for me. What need does this meet, is it just convenience? Maybe if you can explain it, some holdouts will join.

May 09, 2020, 07:24:25 AM
Reply #5

FingolfinFinwe

• Information Offline
  • Marksman
« Reply #5 on: May 09, 2020, 07:24:25 AM »
No requirement for sure to join, but that particular group has been pointed to a number of times by folks in another FB group named "Dead CCG Collectors," which has helped it gain some nice traction.  We've seen new players just now getting into the game, sparking decent discussion, as well as a number of folks coming back after giving it up years ago.  Some of us have linked back to TLHH a few times as well.  Also note I certainly do not see it as a replacement - believe me I never want this place to go away, both due to the history of community/comments as well as the amazing resources gathered here over the years.  Overall the FB page has only been a positive influence for the community thus far.

May 09, 2020, 10:53:49 AM
Reply #6

Phallen Cassidy

• Information Online
  • Bowman
« Reply #6 on: May 09, 2020, 10:53:49 AM »
I'm not saying it's bad or is threatening any other resource we already have, but I'm not sure why I should join. Maybe it's only me, and I simply shouldn't :P I was just wondering what good it's doing, I guess. "Gateway drug" makes sense, haha.

May 09, 2020, 11:30:40 AM
Reply #7

menace64

• The Late-Night Moderator
  • Information Offline
  • Knight
  • Global Mod
  • Bruce Campbell is my father.
« Reply #7 on: May 09, 2020, 11:30:40 AM »
My response: because it's an active and inclusive community of like-minded folks at a time when I cannot possibly feel more cut off and alone in the world. I would agree that there's "no reason" for a facebook group when TLHH exists - but only like eight people on the ENTIRE PLANET post here and despite my own best efforts at migrating players off of GEMP they don't appear interested in doing so. This forum isn't dead but it's absolutely too slow for me personally right now.

Quote from: PC
"Gateway drug" makes sense, haha.

It doesn't really. It does however remind me of a number of players around here decrying the push for IRL playtesting and community groups, almost as if they were allergic to social interaction.
« Last Edit: May 09, 2020, 11:33:30 AM by menace64 »

May 09, 2020, 04:42:26 PM
Reply #8

Kreggers

• Information Offline
  • Orc
« Reply #8 on: May 09, 2020, 04:42:26 PM »
Facebook group is much more scalable - i.e. I have invited friends into it with just a few clicks, the ability to post photos is easier without clogging new threads, it allows you to see new posts without having to log into a separate site (if you already use FB), it's not anonymous, etc.

There are definitely perks to TLHH and why I still log on here occasionally, but the FB group is really cool to see.

May 10, 2020, 09:14:55 AM
Reply #9

Jerba

• Information Offline
  • Villager
« Reply #9 on: May 10, 2020, 09:14:55 AM »
We certainly don't want to threaten TLHH, I am plugging this forum and the wiki as much as possible. This is still a glorious site that retains tremendous history and amazing players. There is no competition. The Facebook group is just easier for more people to use casually due to the app, it is also much easier for new players to find and feel comfortable with. Any new players are going to be good for TLHH, too.

I also don't begrudge anyone who doesn't like Facebook, there are plenty of reasons not too. Just go where you feel most comfortable!