LotR TCG Wiki → Card Sets:  All 0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 → Forums:  TLHH CC

Author Topic: Still Far Ahead Hobbitses so let us Make Haste  (Read 1376 times)

August 28, 2020, 05:46:25 PM
Read 1376 times

Enduring

• Information Offline
  • Goblin
  • Why do they call it rush hour when nothing moves?
Still Far Ahead Hobbitses so let us Make Haste
« on: August 28, 2020, 05:46:25 PM »
Hello everyone! Today I decided to post a deck that I've had quite a fun playing with recently and I hope that you will enjoy it as well! It does have a 79.3% win rate give or take. So without further adieu, here is the decklist!  :)

Sites
[1] Sleeping Quarters
[2] King's Tent
[3] Hall of the Kings
[4] Osgiliath Fallen
[5] City Gates
[6] Minas Tirith Third Circle
[7] Osgiliath Channel
[8] Cross Roads
[9] Dagorlad

Fellowship 36
Frodo Resolute Hobbit
The One Ring, Answer to All Riddles
Smeagol, Slinker (starting)
Merry, Friend to Sam (starting)
Pippin, Hobbit of Some Intelligence (starting)
Sam, Needer of Vittles (starting)
Hobbit Sword x2
Sting, Baggins Heirloom x1
Sneaking! x3
Still Far Ahead x4
Make Haste x4
Power According to His Stature x2
Don't Look At Them x2
A Promise x4
A Talent For Not Being Seen x2
Cliffs Of Emyn Muil x1
Escape x1
O Elbereth! Gilthoniel! x1
The Tale of the Great Ring x1
There And Back Again x1

Shadow 36
Grima, Chief Counselor x1
Grima, Wormtongue x1
Lurtz, Servant of Isengard x3
Mauhur, Patrol Leader x3
Ugluk, Servant of Saruman x3
Uruk Captain x2
Uruk Chaser x4
Uruk Runner x3
Uruk Hunter x1
Broad-Bladed Sword x3
Saruman's Power x2
Vengeance x2
Greed x2
Saruman's Snows x1
Brought Back Alive x1

Fellowship Strategy
Bid 2 to go 1st then peel 1 off with Pippin. The main strategy for the Free people's side is to double move to the end. The easy sites to double move on I find are sites 1 -3, 4 -5, and 7-9 with Still Far Ahead and A Talent For Not Being Seen cutting the Shadow number drastically then Discarding minions with Narrow Escape. There are a few tricks in this deck that will get you out of a sticky situation, such as Make Haste to discard a minion, then on your next turn play use Sam to play Pippin again to remove 2 Burdens, or If your Fellowship is really hurting, use Pippin to heal a companion. Sneaking! Is a really nice dodge card If you're going up against bigger minions. Power According to his stature is good against swarm deck or wounded minions. And of course, Don't Look at Them to kill the lower vitality minions.

Shadow Strategy
Pretty standard Uruk-Hai Shadow. Plop big Uruks down, stop his Fellowship, maybe evem get a couple of kills, anyway. Saruman's Power blows away conditions, Grima, Wormtongue  strips Durin III butt naked, Saruman's Snows prevent's events and special abilities from being played, Greed kills companions if your opponent goes over the limit, Brought Back Alive is a pretty nice Suprise for Merry, Friend to Sam or Pippin Wearer of Black and Silver,. Abandoning Reason For Madness is a really good cycling card for either unclogging your hand full of minions, or for searching for more minions. Broad-Bladed protect your Uruks against archery wounds, or wounds before the skirmish phase in general.
« Last Edit: August 28, 2020, 05:49:45 PM by Enduring »
I walk around like everything’s fine, but deep down, inside my shoe, my sock is sliding off.

September 03, 2020, 05:38:05 PM
Reply #1

GilGalad44

• Information Offline
  • Goblin
Re: Still Far Ahead Hobbitses so let us Make Haste
« Reply #1 on: September 03, 2020, 05:38:05 PM »
There are some cards missing in this breakdown, I think.  Fellowship has 33 and Shadow has 32. I do like what this deck is doing tho.  I'm gonna try and see if I've got everything to build this with my physical collection. We'll see how it goes!
« Last Edit: September 03, 2020, 06:06:30 PM by GilGalad44 »

September 13, 2020, 08:51:17 AM
Reply #2

Enduring

• Information Offline
  • Goblin
  • Why do they call it rush hour when nothing moves?
Re: Still Far Ahead Hobbitses so let us Make Haste
« Reply #2 on: September 13, 2020, 08:51:17 AM »
Awsome! Let me know how it goes!
I walk around like everything’s fine, but deep down, inside my shoe, my sock is sliding off.