LotR TCG Wiki → Card Sets:  All 0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 → Forums:  TLHH CC

Author Topic: Fill in the Blank Season 2: Lords #2  (Read 3811 times)

November 13, 2020, 07:07:15 PM
Reply #15

Inspire

• Information Offline
  • Scout
Re: Fill in the Blank Season 2: Lords #2
« Reply #15 on: November 13, 2020, 07:07:15 PM »
Golasgil, Lord of Anfalas: It's a matter of personal preference, but I don't find one-time use companion gametext to be a particularly compelling archetype.

Isildur, Master of Mortal Men: The ‘out of play' element feels unnecessary here; simply discarding would result in materially the same result without creating a second discard pile. Additionally, the regroup ability encourages twilight denial via playing cards outside of the fellowship phase and there is potential for abuse with discarding and recalling companions later as needed.

Balcony of Orthanc: As Legion alludes to, it's primarily a win-more card for strategies that don't necessarily need one, but still an interesting idea. I was between this one and Saruman for my vote.

Saruman, Lord of Industry: There's probably too much going on here at once and I think the result is ultimately too powerful, but there were elements of this that were intriguing enough to get my vote.

Servants of the White Hand: My initial thought is that the ability is too powerful for the cost (especially given that it's a support area card). It seems to sit above the power curve compared to other cards that provide damage bonuses to Uruks such as Lurtz's Battle Cry, We Are the Fighting Uruk-hai, and Battering Ram.

I voted for Saruman, but it was essentially even between him and Balcony of Orthanc. I'm fine changing my vote to break the tie.
« Last Edit: November 13, 2020, 07:14:07 PM by Inspire »