LotR TCG Wiki → Card Sets:  All 0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 → Forums:  TLHH CC

Author Topic: Iconic cards from each culture  (Read 1916 times)

February 28, 2021, 10:40:34 AM
Read 1916 times

jbwalkup

• Information Offline
  • Neekerbreeker
Iconic cards from each culture
« on: February 28, 2021, 10:40:34 AM »
HI everyone, I have my collection in binders organized by culture, and I wanted to print a large card to go on the front of each binder.  I was wondering what people thought the most iconic card was from each one? I started with Dunland (alphabetical) and chose Hides, for example.

Thanks!

Jon.

March 01, 2021, 06:01:06 AM
Reply #2

Phallen Cassidy

• Information Offline
  • Bowman
Re: Iconic cards from each culture
« Reply #2 on: March 01, 2021, 06:01:06 AM »
[Dwarven] - Depends on your style. I'd lean towards your favorite version of Gimli, though my pick would probably be Bearer of Grudges just because that's a clear sign of a Dwarven deck.
[Elven] - GLR would actually be a great choice, but I understand that comes with some baggage for some people ;)
[Gandalf] - I want to say a version of Gandalf, but most of them are so good it's hard to pick one. I'd probably end up going with Servant of the Secret Fire with Trust Me As You Once Did close behind.
[Gondor] - Hmm, this is a tough one. Aragorn's Bow would be in the lead if not for Anduril, Flame of the West, but then Anduril isn't really flashy enough for me to say it's iconic either. Boromir, Defender of Minas Tirith definitely comes to mind but just doesn't seem to fit the bill. Thorongil and Madril, Defender of Osgiliath are more infamous than anything (and came rather late). Honestly I might say Gondor Bowmen? I really don't know.
[Rohan] - Third Marshal of Riddermark, for sure. In my opinion the distant second is Simbelmyne, but that one probably more up-for-grabs.
[Shire] - Sam, Son of Hamfast I think.
[Gollum] - Promise Keeping. Her Ladyship came to mind first but I really didn't want to say Shelob here haha.
[Isengard] - Keeper of Isengard.
[Moria] - In a just world it would be The Balrog, Flame of Udun but in reality it's probably Goblin Armory.
[Raider] - I'd say Desert Lord myself, but Castamir is on the short list.
[Wraith] - It's got to be Shotgun Enquea, right? Lord of Angmar is helped along by the fact that he was the best WK choice until Morgul King. Enquea is iconic, but hard to say he's iconic for Nazgul specifically.
[Sauron] - Hate, though Sauron will forever be iconic to me for having awful rares to the extent that I struggled to think of a more "serious" choice than Mordor Enraged for a while.

Fun topic! I wish I could say for any of [Orc] [Men] [Uruk] but it'd just be guesswork (for [Orc] I'd probably say Frenzy of Arrows as iconic for all later cards since the errata makes it literally unplayable). Hard to say how any card released after set 10 could possibly be iconic for the other cultures either, having missed the game's peak.