LotR TCG Wiki → Card Sets:  All 0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 → Forums:  TLHH CC

Author Topic: War of the Rings League Winner  (Read 4102 times)

April 27, 2021, 07:58:58 AM
Read 4102 times

Enduring

• Information Offline
  • Goblin
  • Why do they call it rush hour when nothing moves?
War of the Rings League Winner
« on: April 27, 2021, 07:58:58 AM »
Hey there! Here's a deck that I've been playing for a while and thought was finally ready to be posted! ;D

Ring-bearer: Frodo, Protected by Many
Ring: The One Ring, The Ruling Ring

Adventure deck:
Fangorn Glade
Buckland Homestead
The Angle
Expanding Marshland
Hill of Sight
Neekerbreekers' Bog
Crossroads of the Fallen Kings
Old Forest Road
Green Dragon Inn

Free Peoples Draw Deck:
1x Arwen, Staunch Defender (starting)
1x Celeborn, The Wise
1x Elrond, Witness to History
1x Legolas, Companion of the Ring
4x Gandalf, Leader of the Company
1x Aragorn, Strider (starting)
1x Farmer Maggot, Hobbit of the Marish (if you go second)
1x Merry, Loyal Companion (if you go first)
1x Hadafang
1x Glamdring, Foe-hammer
1x Shadowfax, Unequaled Steed
1x Gondorian Blade
1x Hobbit Sword
1x Sting, Weapon of Heritage
1x Farewell to Lorien
3x Seclusion
1x Final Account
3x Well-traveled
2x Crashing Cavalry
4x G for Grand
1x Sudden Fury
1x Pallando, Far-travelling One

Shadow Draw Deck:
2x Black Rider
3x The Witch-king, Captain of the Nine Riders
3x Úlairë Attëa, Black Predator
2x Úlairë Cantëa, Black Assassin
2x Úlairë Enquëa, Sixth of the Nine Riders
4x Úlairë Nelya, Third of the Nine Riders
2x Úlairë Nertëa, Ninth of the Nine Riders
3x Úlairë Toldëa, Black Shadow
4x Dark Approach
4x Lost in the Woods
4x Moving This Way

Strategy: Free peoples
Bid 0. The Fellowship's goal is just to stay alive so your shadow can win. You also want to make sure that your companions have at least 6 resistance so they will be buffed up by G for Grand.
Cross your fingers and hope you get to go second. Of course, it's not the end of the world if you go 1st, but with all the site manipulation in this block, you want to control the adventure path.
If you are forced to 1st, play Crossroads of the Fallen Kings (because it's in my opinion the worst forest site).
Mulligan if you didn't get Gandalf in your starting hand. (unless you have a really good hand)
If you're going against Uruks, try not to exceed over 6 companions because Broken in Defeat can be devastating.
The deck does very well against Orc corruption due to the number of events in your deck. So you could go for a Freeps win there.
Farewell to Lorien/Elrond, Witness to History, and Seclusion pretty much take care of Evil men Archery. Neekerbreekers bog is an excellent healing site as well.
And of course, the one shadow you'll almost always face, Nazgul. Crashing Cavalry negates Úlairë Cantëa, Black Assassin. Seclusion takes care of Lost in the Woods and whatever other conditions your opponent has. With Gandalf, Leader of the company and 2 G for Grand, you'll beat most Nazgul that comes your way. Then again, your opponent will most likely just discard G for Grand with Buckland Homestead which sucks. Also, try to keep track of how many Úlairë Nelya, Third of the Nine Riders your opponent has played. If he's played at least 2, it's usually safe to start playing some conditions.
The main companions that you want to keep alive are Frodo, Aragorn, Gandalf, Arwen, and Elrond. The rest of the companions are expendable if needed.
Well Travelled makes sure you play safe sites such as Neekerbreekers Bog and Old Forest Road in case you went first.
Crashing Cavalry, as I mentioned earlier is good against Úlairë Cantëa, Black Assassin, or any minion that has a special ability.
Sudden Fury is pretty good if you get it out early so you can start pilling up tokes.
Farewell to Lorien heals your entire fellowship. Elrond, Witness to History can bring this card back.
Final account can bring back whatever you need for both sides.
Seclusion is great at gunning down Lost in the Woods and Howdah. Plus, you can bring it back with Elrond.
Celeborn can help cycle, and pull back a Seclusion if you decide to double
Shadowfax, Unequaled Steed can pile on burdens to prevent wounds (mainly archery wounds) to Gandalf in a pinch.

Strategy: Shadow
Pretty standard Forest Nazgul shadow. Cycle with Moving This Way to unclog your hand. The great thing about this card is that the Nazgul never actually disappear! They just get put on the bottom of the deck which means you'll most likely see them again because the deck does cycle well.

But yeah! That's all that I feel really needs to be said here!

Comments and suggestions are welcome! :)
I walk around like everything’s fine, but deep down, inside my shoe, my sock is sliding off.