LotR TCG Wiki → Card Sets:  All 0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 → Forums:  TLHH CC

Author Topic: Another crazy idea from NK  (Read 4100 times)

November 12, 2008, 03:01:47 AM
Read 4100 times

NappyKorn

• Information Offline
  • Knight
  • The ShizKnight
Another crazy idea from NK
« on: November 12, 2008, 03:01:47 AM »
As most the followers of the deck clinic may know I have been looking for a way to abuse Far-seeing Eyes (even with the errata) and this is my latest idea. Any comments would be nice and as always feel free to bash it. Just remember no deck is perfect and something can always beat it up (in this case maybe many). This deck is just a fun deck not meant to be tournament worthy :up:.

Frodo And Ring 
*The One Ring, The Great Ring (19P1
*Frodo, Resolute Hobbit (10P121

Sites 
(0) The Bridge of Khazad-Dum (12U186
(0) Abandoned Mine Shaft (13U185
(1) Cavern Entrance (11S232
(2) Moria Stairway (11S248
(2) West Gate of Moria (11S263
(2) Window on the West (11S265
(3) Mount Doom (15R193
(3) Caves of Aglarond (13S186
(3) Dammed Gate-stream (11U235

Fellowship (35) 
2x *Calaglin, Elf Of Lorien (3U10
3x *Celeborn, Lord of Lorien (1R34
3x *Dinendal, Silent Scout (3U12
3x *Elrond, Lord of Rivendell (1R40
4x *Galdor, Councilor From the West (3U18
3x *Orophin, Lorien Bowman (1U56
3x *Rumil, Elven Protector (1U57
1x *Saelbeth, Elven Councilor (3U25
1x *Gandalf, Leader of Men (8R15
1x *Legolas, Greenleaf (1R50
1x *Smeagol, Slinker (5R29
2x *Far-seeing Eyes (1C43
1x Follow Smeagol (5U23
4x Taking the High Ground (12U24
4x Saved From The Fire (8R20

Shadow (35) 
4x Chasm's Edge (13R44
3x Deceit (18R29
3x Not Easily Avoided (18R32
4x Slippery as Fishes (9R+29
4x A Dark Shape Sprang (10R19
4x Captured by the Ring (7C53
4x *Gollum, Old Villain (6C40
1x Breeding Pit Conscript (12C137
4x Orc Pursuer (5C108
4x Hides (4R19

Strategies:

Free Peoples:
     Start by playing Dammed Gate-stream to pull Follow Smeagol. Next hope to grab a Saved From the Fire and roast Legolas (poor guy) if you don't pull one I used this version for his ability to exert to wound minions. Him being exhausted shouldn't matter too much since he will eventually get the fire :up:. After burning Legolas grab a copy of Far-seeing Eyes, Taking the High Ground x2. If you happened to draw Far-seeing Eyes grab three copies of Taking the High Grounds. Next play Far-seeing Eyes, then any [Elven] allies you have in hand to let the discard begin. With follow smeagol start exerting Smeagol during all your regroup phase to play underground site to make those Taking the High Ground start working there magic. You play [Elven] allies to discard cards from opponents hand move from an underground site causing the allies to hop back into you hand then you can discard them to increase the archery total for any minions that might remain. If you feel some of the allies can stay in play without causing you any problems (especially from those lovely 2 sites, which shouldn't be a problem after site 2) they can actually do some good. Calaglin, Elf Of Lorien can wound any minions left over in regroup phase and Dinendal, Silent Scout can remove some left over twilight so you can run a bit. Elrond, Lord of Rivendell can help you draw more allies if needed and Celeborn can reheal him to get the max of 4 draws. Orophin and Rumil can help kill off some Uruk-hai or Orc you may run into if you don't want to send them to hand. After you burn Legolas Gandalf pretty much just takes hits until he is killed off. If all else fails you can Use The Great Ring to keep your Ring-bearer alive and Smeagol's text can also help keep him alive (but use those abilities only when truely needed because no room for burden removal with all the allies you will need).

Shadow:
     Shadow is basically to help draw and discard to keep your hand full of allies for the fellowship. It can do a little damage though. Gollum can get rather vicious. With his text and you controlling the path with undergrounds Slippery As Fishes can pump him and at the same time provide some cycling. Deceit is to protect Chasm's Edge and Not Easily Avoided of course. If you get lucky and they decide to drop a possession on the ring-bearer (or any weaker companion for that matter) A Dark Shape Sprang can be quite nasty. Nothing worse than your Frodo getting a Sting or Hobbit Sword played on him just to have a huge Gollum jump on him during the fellowship phase for free :up:. Hides, Orc Pursuer and the Breeding Pit Conscript are just there for drawing extra cards.

Anyway let me hear your ideas and complaints about this deck idea :up:.
« Last Edit: November 12, 2008, 03:25:14 AM by NappyKorn »
If a Balrog falls from a bridge and noone is around, does it make a sound?

November 12, 2008, 03:24:09 AM
Reply #1

TheJord

• League Director
  • Information Offline
  • King
  • High King of Rules
    • GamesCobra
Re: Another crazy idea from NK
« Reply #1 on: November 12, 2008, 03:24:09 AM »
Lady of Light is soooo broken lets X her... oh wait
"The rule of Gondor is mine!"

November 12, 2008, 03:40:27 AM
Reply #2

NappyKorn

• Information Offline
  • Knight
  • The ShizKnight
« Reply #2 on: November 12, 2008, 03:40:27 AM »
why did you bring that up? I don't have Lady of Light in this deck. Anymore, lol.
If a Balrog falls from a bridge and noone is around, does it make a sound?

November 12, 2008, 08:37:50 AM
Reply #3

SomeRandomDude

• Information Offline
  • Maia
  • Most Likely To Usurp Kralik and Dáin
    • My Wordpress
« Reply #3 on: November 12, 2008, 08:37:50 AM »
If you're going casual, might as well run Lady of Light. :D
NB- 4 year veteran of CC/TLHH

"It was like: