LotR TCG Wiki → Card Sets:  All 0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 → Forums:  TLHH CC

Author Topic: Help Countering Nazgul in PC fellowship block and deck  (Read 1172 times)

December 27, 2021, 10:12:52 AM
Read 1172 times

elfwarrior

• Information Offline
  • Scout
Help Countering Nazgul in PC fellowship block and deck
« on: December 27, 2021, 10:12:52 AM »
With the Flaming Brand nerf, What are some ways to deal with Nazgul in PC fellowship block? I have played mostly original Fellowship Block very new to the PC fellowship format.

I thought of Defiance with Arwen Daughter of Elrond and Aragorn Estel

Here is a beginnery Last Alliance Deck I started. I used Aragon Estel so he could still use the Defiance I wanted to use with Arwen. It needs to fit in some burden removal.
Aragon Estal Helps set up Elrond and can find Orophin or Rumil or Calagin when you play him. The shadow is an Uruk Hai deck with Tol Brandir. It is based on an original Fellowship Uruk deck. It could be adjusted more.

ASFALOTH YTL LA URUKS
Ring-bearer: Frodo, Reluctant Adventurer
Ring: The One Ring, The Ruling Ring

Adventure deck:
The Prancing Pony
Trollshaw Forest
House of Elrond
Hollin
The Bridge of Khazad-dum
Lothlorien Woods
Anduin Wilderland
Gates of Argonath
Tol Brandir

Free Peoples Draw Deck:
1x Arwen, Daughter of Elrond (starting)
1x Legolas, Greenleaf (starting)
4x Aragorn, Estel
2x Boromir, Defender of Minas Tirith
1x Calaglin, Elf of Lorien
3x Elrond, Lord of Rivendell
1x Galadriel, Lady of Light
1x Orophin, Lorien Bowman
1x Rúmil, Elven Protector
2x Asfaloth
1x Elven Bow
1x Gwemegil
1x Aragorn's Bow
2x Armor
1x Blade of Gondor
2x Flaming Brand
1x Ranger's Sword
1x Sting
4x Defiance
2x Secret Sentinels
2x The Last Alliance of Elves and Men
3x Gondor Bowmen

Shadow Draw Deck:
1x Lurtz, Servant of Isengard
3x Saruman, Keeper of Isengard
4x Troop of Uruk-hai
2x Uruk Captain
4x Uruk Lieutenant
4x Uruk Ravager
3x Uruk Scout
3x Uruk Warrior
1x The Balrog, Durin's Bane
2x Abandoning Reason for Madness
1x Beyond the Height of Men
2x Saruman's Power
4x Savagery To Match Their Numbers
4x Saruman's Ambition

Here are two recordings of wins, (neither against Nazgul) at least one win is lucky (he played around Frodo saving events I did not have) These are the two games I have played with this strategy so far.

ASFALOTH LA TOL URUKS win
https://play.lotrtcgpc.net/gemp-lotr/game.html?replayId=elfwarrior$zfvyyiixwm9081yu

YTL LA URUKS TOL win vs a Moria Swarm deck (no Asfaloth and one more Gondor Bowmen and another Gwemegil)
https://play.lotrtcgpc.net/gemp-lotr/game.html?replayId=elfwarrior$8pjtcazrn44uw9bt

Thank you,

-elfwarrior
« Last Edit: February 19, 2022, 04:44:30 PM by elfwarrior »

February 07, 2022, 05:12:21 PM
Reply #1

5tein

• Information Offline
  • Tracker
Re: Countering Nazgul in PC fellowship block and deck
« Reply #1 on: February 07, 2022, 05:12:21 PM »
I like it.

I would probably swap the Elven Bow for another weapon (Gwemegil or Ranger's Sword), but that's just me.

You could also swap 2x Defiance for 2x Swordsman of the Northern Kingdom for greater flexibility. But frankly I don't know what Aragorn Estel is, so I'm assuming he's some kind of V card?

February 08, 2022, 03:37:02 PM
Reply #2

elfwarrior

• Information Offline
  • Scout
Re: Countering Nazgul in PC fellowship block and deck
« Reply #2 on: February 08, 2022, 03:37:02 PM »
Thank you for your feedback. I have been playing original fellowship more because its more familiar but with positive feedback I want to test the deck more.

Aragorn Estel can discard Elf skirmish events for +2 strength so he can use Defiance. I wanted defiance + Arwen to help with Nazgul. And when you play him you can take an Elf ally of Twilight 2 or less into had from Draw deck. This helps set up the PC version of Elrond lord of Rivendell who needs 2 other elf allies to draw cards for only 1 exert each (otherwise its a double exert for one card). this also helps Secret Sentinels and Last Alliance.

I am so used to Original fellowship where I can just put 2 flaming brands to help vs Nazgul. In PC fellowship the brand has to be discarded to get the bonus vs Nazgul. More answers are needed.

The listed version was in my first win. But he played around Frodo saving events I did not have, which let me finish him off at site 9. the other win had 2 Gwemegil, 4 Gondor bowmen and no Asfaloth. I needed 2 Gondor bowmen to win the other game because I was facing an Underdeeps of Moria deck that was swarming a lot and I needed all the archery I could get. Goblin sneaks got recycled a lot to keep goblins on the bottom of the deck for Underdeeps to find. Both replays are in my first post.

I can try Lady of the Golden wood instead of Lady of light to keep Rumil/Orophin going because she could also heal Legolas or Arwen. Calagin could be another Orophin or Rumil. but I'd be more vulnerable to having Elrond shut down by losing allies. But they could just take out Elrond anyway. Orophin seems important because of all the Uruk Hai I was seeing.

Thank you

-Elf warrior

February 19, 2022, 04:48:01 PM
Reply #3

elfwarrior

• Information Offline
  • Scout
Re: Help Countering Nazgul in PC fellowship block and deck
« Reply #3 on: February 19, 2022, 04:48:01 PM »
Here is a reply of a game vs twilight Nazgul. I fight off the Nazgul but my Frodo gets corrupted by Wraith World at site 9. How do I fit burden removal in the deck?

Compared to the posted list this deck has 1 Asfaloth, 2 Gwemegil, and 4 Gondor Bowmen

https://play.lotrtcgpc.net/gemp-lotr/game.html?replayId=elfwarrior$narbudkoanvv41ex

Thank you

-elfwarrior

February 19, 2022, 05:30:29 PM
Reply #4

Tunadan

• Information Offline
  • Tracker
Re: Help Countering Nazgul in PC fellowship block and deck
« Reply #4 on: February 19, 2022, 05:30:29 PM »
Personally I would drop a single Gwemegil and add a card to each side to fit 2x Son of Hamfast, he's still playable in PC FOTR.
He who breaks a thing to find out what it is has left the path of wisdom.