LotR TCG Wiki → Card Sets:  All 0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 → Forums:  TLHH CC

Author Topic: CVP (Customer Value Program)  (Read 689 times)

May 02, 2022, 10:02:41 PM
Read 689 times

Nowhereman

• Information Offline
  • Goblin
CVP (Customer Value Program)
« on: May 02, 2022, 10:02:41 PM »
I present CVP (my Customer value program):

Ring-bearer: Frodo, Reluctant Adventurer
Ring: The One Ring, Isildur's Bane

Adventure deck:
The Prancing Pony
Breeland Forest
Council Courtyard
Mithril Mine
The Bridge of Khazad-dum
Dimrill Dale
Silverlode Banks
Anduin Banks
Summit of Amon Hen

Free Peoples Draw Deck:
3x Legolas, Greenleaf
1x Aragorn, Heir to the White City
1x Merry, Friend to Sam
1x Pippin, Hobbit of Some Intelligence
1x Sam, Son of Hamfast
1x Calaglin, Elf of Lorien
1x Dinendal, Silent Scout
1x Orophin, Lorien Bowman
1x Rúmil, Elven Protector
3x Aragorn's Bow
1x Flaming Brand
1x Ranger's Sword
1x Bill the Pony
1x Frying Pan
2x Secret Sentinels
4x Power According to His Stature
1x The Last Alliance of Elves and Men
1x The Tale of Gil-galad
4x Gondor Bowmen
1x No Stranger to the Shadows
1x The Saga of Elendil

Shadow Draw Deck:
4x Cave Troll of Moria, Scourge of the Black Pit
4x Goblin Runner
4x Goblin Scavengers
1x Goblin Scrabbler
1x Goblin Warrior
3x Moria Scout
1x The Balrog, Flame of Udun
3x Troll's Keyward
1x Úlairë Enquëa, Lieutenant of Morgul
4x Goblin Scimitar
4x Goblin Armory
1x Relics of Moria
1x They Are Coming

Back around 2018 I was working at Walmart. Their customer value program was a system that marked down prices of food that was expiring soon. Walmart could still make a sale, and the customer could get a better price. Anyway, I was working on a deck that utilized the archery components of Aragorn and Legolas. I found that I really only needed them instead of getting a bow on Arwen, or Haldir, or a horn on Boromir (which can take up a lot of space). I wanted to try a deck that would get me the most bang for my buck - the most amount of substantive archery for the least amount of twilight. It serves to choke as well as create some affective wounding.

Starting Fellowship used to just start with Heir to the White City, pulling Sam site 1, with four copies of Legolas in the deck. Nowadays, I run four hobbits starting Fellowship (bidding 3 - 5 burdens to go first). Sam and Pippin take care of 4 burdens and all hobbits (except Frodo) are expendable. It's nice to have five companions starting out. I'm am almost always able to make it to site 3 on a double (being sure to kill off at least one hobbit). From there, drop a Legolas (or earlier if you dare to face the unforgiving wrath of Enquea) and choke your way to victory with lots of wounding options. All four elf allies get you safely to site 6, utilizing secret sentinels, wounding texts, and soaking up skirmishes on their home site.

3 Aragorn's bows is pushing it, but I love some of the combos you can create with it and Greenleaf. Occasionally, I'll burn a PATH if it's a good fit, or I've got too many in hand - but usually, I try to save 3 to 4 of them for site 9.

Shadow is fairly standard Moria. I am often able to produce a Cave troll on both 4 and 5 which makes it difficult to double for the opponent. Admittedly, the shadow gets a bit weak after 5. It is a mid-game shadow. But hopefully, if all goes well, I am ahead by that point and can make it to 9 first. As of writing this, the deck has 108 wins, 27 losses with a 80 percent win rate.