LotR TCG Wiki → Card Sets:  All 0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 → Forums:  TLHH CC

Author Topic: TTT Gandalf VS TTT Theoden Battle  (Read 1779 times)

October 15, 2022, 04:04:13 PM
Read 1779 times

elfwarrior

• Information Offline
  • Scout
TTT Gandalf VS TTT Theoden Battle
« on: October 15, 2022, 04:04:13 PM »
I am testing the GEMP library Gandalf starter in paper against my modified Theoden starter to make a battle. I like using starters to build battles.  SO far they are 1 and 1 if I played Theoden right. Gandalf just won the 1st on a double and Severed his bonds and In game 2 Theoden Doubled to win. (If I remembered to Exert an ally to bring Theoden up to Strength 10 and did not just count him as a 10)I am looking for a fair match for the TTT GEMP Gandalf Starter for both paper and GEMP. I am working on other starters too but I only have so much time. I am playtesting the GEMP library version of the TTT Gandalf Starter against and improved TTT Theoden Starter, based on my Theoden Starter for Battling the TTT Aragorn Starter (with advice)
My Theoden deck for battling the Gandalf Deck: https://play.lotrtcgpc.net/share/deck?id=ZWxmd2FycmlvcnxUSEVPREVOIHZzIEdhbmRhbGY%3D

Playtest report of game 1 below

Maybe these matchups could be set up for the gemp library. Each sets starters balanced against each other maybe. But I am only able to work on balancing starters in pairs. My modified theoden starter (with help from Phallen) now has some cards to swap in when battling TTT Gandalf instead of TTT Aragorn. The exact Gemp Theoden shadow was used vs Gandalf and 1 still they came got stuck in hand late. I tweaked the shadow for facing 60 card TTT GEMP Aragorn and untweaked it for battling TTT GEMP Gandalf (who is not as tough as the Aaragorn Deck)

Playtest report:
Gandalf went first (tie bid) Got stuck with Just Gandalf, the White wizard (starting) Frodo and Eowyn but was saved by Sam blocking and Severed his bonds at site 5. Finally Hobbit sword. And Gandalf's events, he did the tougher fights, of course. Drawing Legolas and Gimli going to site 8 and the other Severed his Bonds was enough defense. But two of the four site 8 uruks were lover strength ones so Eowyn and her sword of rohan could take out one uruk (damage +1) and Legolas exerted to help Gimli to slay an uruk with Gimli's damage +1. The double caused 4 more uruks but too many 4 cost uruks so the Palantir chamber could not play a 2 twilight uruk to get the overwhelm of Frodo. Frodo faced 2 8 strength uruks and survived with hobbit sowrd adn severd his bonds. For Theoden, he faces hordes of Raiders and got an unstoppable fellowship and doubled to 8. Maybe could have risked and earlier double? The modified Theoden freeps could be toned down perhaps.Theoden could have 2 events swapped for something else or a Hlafwine or Leod swapped out if it is too tough. ELite riders actually get to be strength 8 here and could not vs Dunalnd so 3 Hlafwine, 1 Leod and and two rohirrim bow instead of 2 more fight for the villagers was used. Work for the sword could swap for some of those +3 capable events. I will test these two some more.

I would like to make a TTT two player game with the Deluxe Gandalf starter and another Towers Block starter as a bases of the two decks. Which Towers Starter is a Good match for the Towers Deluxe Gandalf Starter? I start with the Gemp Library versions that I can build with my real paper starters + lots of extra cards + emergency printed cards. I can play the games and post results and get advice. I have done with TTT Aragorn vs TTT Theoden. (sort of even with paper versions by favors Aragorn, Testing 60 card Gemp Library Versions now.) I am testing Mines Gandalf vs Mines Gimli( the undersized paper starter version are the most balanced fellowship starters I read and as I played the smaller paper versions. Need to test the GEMP Library Versions more) and The Deluxe Fellowship Starter vs the Gandalf Fellowship Starter GEMP library versions (currently 2-2 in testing) Then I would have a match up for each early Gandalf starter (Fellowship, Mines, and Towers). My old TTT Theoden and Aragorn starters post is here https://lotrtcgwiki.com/forums/index.php?topic=12008.0

-Thank you

-elfwarrior
« Last Edit: October 24, 2022, 04:22:00 PM by elfwarrior »

October 17, 2022, 05:33:02 PM
Reply #1

elfwarrior

• Information Offline
  • Scout
« Reply #1 on: October 17, 2022, 05:33:02 PM »
I chose a deck to test VS the TTT GEMP Library Gandalf Starter and posted a game one playtest report and more info to the opening post. I don't think the GEMP library starters are all balanced. Balanced Starter deck Matchups (with expert help) could get added to GEMP library for starter games for beginners or entertainment or something.

-thank you

-Elfwarrior
« Last Edit: October 24, 2022, 04:22:12 PM by elfwarrior »

October 18, 2022, 04:49:48 PM
Reply #2

elfwarrior

• Information Offline
  • Scout
« Reply #2 on: October 18, 2022, 04:49:48 PM »
The GEMP library Starters need balancing. I am testing the TTT Gandalf GEMP starter and my improved TTT Theoden starter for my own amusement(I had some help upgraded Theoden still needs testing)  but could help with playtesting GEMP starters . The GEMP library are paper starters with 11 extra cards added that still need balancing (in their respective blocks). They could be balanced in pairs or groups for their expansions. I can only balance two decks against each other. I am working on the Theoden starter but have to change it depending on if it faces TTT Gandalf or TTT Aragorn. FOTR and TTT have three decks thanks to deluxe. I only have mostly Towers Standard paper cards and starters so I can only test Fellowship and Towers starters offline. Three way balancing is beyond me and It will take me work and advice after my playtest results to balance two decks.

I'll keep my opening post updated. So far it has the results of playtest game one. the Gandalf deck went first won a close one.

Thank you

-elf warrior
« Last Edit: October 24, 2022, 04:22:39 PM by elfwarrior »

October 24, 2022, 04:27:22 PM
Reply #3

elfwarrior

• Information Offline
  • Scout
Re: TTT Gandalf VS TTT Theoden Battle
« Reply #3 on: October 24, 2022, 04:27:22 PM »
Another update to opening post. Needed better title. Decks possibly 1-1. I'm testing in paper. Still my Modified Theoden deck is putting up a fight. Lost game 1, IF I played correctly in game 2, a win for Theoden. Regardless, battle potential.