LotR TCG Wiki → Card Sets:  All 0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 → Forums:  TLHH CC

Author Topic: Any decent Sauron Archery lists for fellowship?  (Read 1772 times)

January 24, 2024, 07:39:46 AM
Read 1772 times

Grim Metal

• Information Offline
  • Neekerbreeker
Any decent Sauron Archery lists for fellowship?
« on: January 24, 2024, 07:39:46 AM »
I recently came into a bunch of good Sauron stuff from fellowship. Particularly a playset of both Hate and Orc Bowmen.
I never got into Sauron decks. Anyone know of a good list that would use these 8 cards?
Thanks in advance.

January 25, 2024, 07:47:46 AM
Reply #1

Witchkingx5

• Information Offline
  • Knight
Re: Any decent Sauron Archery lists for fellowship?
« Reply #1 on: January 25, 2024, 07:47:46 AM »
of course, you can try starting with something like this:

Shadow Draw Deck:
1x The Balrog, Durin's Bane
2x Morgul Hunter
4x Orc Ambusher
4x Orc Assassin
1x Orc Scout
4x Orc Scouting Band
2x Tower Assassin
2x Ulaire Enquea, Lieutenant of Morgul
4x Hate
1x Shadow's Reach
4x Orc Bowmen
4x Under the Watching Eye
1x You Bring Great Evil

Under the Watching Eye and the tracker package is definitely a must, the rest is a bit more flexible, this version is paired with pipeweed for good cycling, so if you don't have much draw on your FP's side, you can definitely cut down some of the cards. This deck is definitely worse than Moria or Uruks, but very stromg nonetheless.

January 25, 2024, 06:43:43 PM
Reply #2

Grim Metal

• Information Offline
  • Neekerbreeker
« Reply #2 on: January 25, 2024, 06:43:43 PM »
Thank you much!

January 26, 2024, 02:26:58 PM
Reply #3

Orophoin

• Information Offline
  • Orc
« Reply #3 on: January 26, 2024, 02:26:58 PM »
Sauron grind has one weakness: condition discard. Even pipes and hobbit hospital cannot heal the 8 wounds per turn from UtWE and Orc Bowmen. In fellowship block, the main ways to discard shadow conditions are Secret Sentinels and Sleep, Charadhras, with Bilbo, WSG as a distant third.

As a result, Ally hate is exceptionally important. Tower Assassin is good, but Memory of Many things is even better (if it were a shadow event, not maneuver, I would even estimate Sauron grind to be a top tier shadow).  This will obliterate elf allies, as well as Bilbo and Barliman Butterbur (often used as an extra Sleep).

Another tack I have used quite successfully is to add Ulaire Cantea on top of Enquea and a few Relentless Charge. It can work wonders against the horde of Last Alliance decks out there. Cantea is also pretty good at denying double moves-useful as it gives you longer to fish for all your power conditions.

February 05, 2024, 06:04:54 AM
Reply #4

Shelobplayer

• Information Offline
  • Bowman
« Reply #4 on: February 05, 2024, 06:04:54 AM »
I recently won a ROTEL sealed event (offline), and One of You Must do this played a big part in it. Maybe mix Sauron grind with some isengard stuff and add OOYMTT and Caradhras has not Forgiven Us. Some Isengard orcs may even go well with the grind strategy like Orc Overseer or Orc Commander. In general OOYMTT is a pretty good deal on its own if you can hit 2+ races with, which is pretty easy in fellowship block.
« Last Edit: February 10, 2024, 12:32:40 AM by Shelobplayer »

March 30, 2024, 11:56:38 AM
Reply #5

Ringbearer

• Information Offline
  • Marksman
« Reply #5 on: March 30, 2024, 11:56:38 AM »
I am very hesitant to splash anything in Sauron Archery. You need way too much Sauron minions/trackers to get your stuff active and if you splash you don't want to play cards that require another culture. OYMTT will often clog the hand while you try to find that Isengard minion.