LotR TCG Wiki → Card Sets:  All 0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 → Forums:  TLHH CC

Author Topic: Rohan/Hobbit/Smeagol with Sudden Strike Archery  (Read 1098 times)

February 20, 2024, 12:09:23 PM
Read 1098 times

Tunadan

• Information Offline
  • Tracker
Rohan/Hobbit/Smeagol with Sudden Strike Archery
« on: February 20, 2024, 12:09:23 PM »
This is a neat deck I've been working on for a few months. It is currently at the strongest it's ever been at, but it probably could get better. This is actually a far-removed iteration from the last one I had in another post.

Ring-bearer: Frodo, Resolute Hobbit
Ring: The One Ring, The Great Ring

Adventure deck:
Anduin Banks
Neekerbreekers' Bog
Doorway to Doom
Steward's Tomb
Mithlond
Caras Galadhon
Dammed Gate-stream
Imladris
Mount Doom

Free Peoples Draw Deck:
1x Smeagol, Always Helps
1x Aldred, Eored Soldier
1x Aragorn, Defender of Rohan
1x Gamling, Defender of the Hornburg
1x Hama, Captain of the King's Guard
1x Éomer, Horsemaster
1x Éowyn, Lady of Ithilien
1x Merry, Swordthain
1x Aldor, Soldier of Edoras
1x Ecglaf, Courageous Farmer
1x Guma, Plains Farmer
1x Leowyn
1x Rohirrim Herdsman
1x Weland, Smith of the Riddermark
1x Aragorn's Bow, Ranger's Longbow
1x Brego
1x Coif
1x Eomer's Spear, Trusty Weapon
1x Erkenbrand's Horn
1x Firefoot
1x Horse of Great Stature
3x Merry's Sword
1x Rider's Mount
2x Rider's Spear
1x Spear of the Mark
1x Sting, Elven Long Knife
1x Throne of the Golden Hall
1x Phial of Galadriel, The Light of Earendil
4x Something Slimy
4x Last Days of My House
4x Simbelmyne
1x Don't Look at Them
1x Follow Smeagol
1x Gladden Homestead
4x There's Another Way
1x Fortress Never Fallen
1x Weapon Store
1x A Light in His Mind
3x Home and Hearth
4x Deagol, Fateful Finder
1x Rohirrim Doorwarden
1x Robin Smallburrow, Shirriff Cock-Robin

Shadow Draw Deck:
2x Gollum, Her Sneak
1x Gollum, Old Villain
4x Archer of Harad
1x Ferocious Haradrim
2x Mumak Commander, Giant Among the Swertings
4x Mumak Rider
4x Southron Murderer
2x The Mouth of Sauron, Messenger of Mordor
1x Gothmog, Morgul Leader
2x Southron Leader
2x Morgul Squealer
2x Úlairë Enquëa, Lieutenant of Morgul
1x Úlairë Nelya, Third of the Nine Riders
1x Úlairë Toldëa, Black Shadow
1x Web
2x Pavise
1x Ships of Great Draught
4x Captured by the Ring
2x Led Astray
4x Sudden Strike
3x Elevated Fire
2x Too Great and Terrible
4x Evil-smelling Fens
2x Countless Companies
4x Howdah
3x Rapid Reload
1x Saruman, Servant of Sauron

Use Simbelmyne, Last Days of my House, Something Slimy, and Deagol to get important stuff out fast. Abuse Home and Hearth for burden removal, Ecglaf and Weapon Store will make sure Merry's Sword stays on the table. If possible, get Aragorn's Bow, RL on him fast and abuse it with ELK. If you're ever at a dwelling, a few Home and Hearth help with that. Use Dispatched with haste in conjunction with your various possession recursion tools to cream corsairs. Hama can help with that too, and is key against Evil Man Possessions.

The shadow is a new and improved version of an Evil Man archery deck that uses Gollum and Sudden Strike to make kills easier. Enquea is in there for easy direct wounds, with the Great Ring being popular, people often use it to convert archery wounds to burdens. Mouth of Sauron comes out to play a lot more often, making Rapid Reload perpetually a problem. Toldea can help handle Gandalf with TGAT, and Nelya can swap your sites. Gothmog is three cheap archery, and the Captured by the Ring add threats to capitalize on.

Things to potentially add:

Lemenya, ET and Cantea, FTW. These two could toss possessions and add threats for when a companion gets killed.

Shelob? This could help zero in on companions for a kill, or just deny a Grimbeorn. Gothmog, ML could make her a monster as well.

More burden removal options for the freeps. Early on a corruption deck can do some damage, and even with the 12 resistance Frodo, it can be tough. Plus recurring Merry's sword constantly is a pain.

Anduril over Bow? The bow is working ok. Might drop it for the OG bow or Anduril FOTW.

Replays:

Wins:

https://play.lotrtcgpc.net/gemp-lotr/game.html?replayId=Tunadan$65va9cy16xklklvz

https://play.lotrtcgpc.net/gemp-lotr/game.html?replayId=Tunadan$ih9ecbd43pn96vb9

Losses:

https://play.lotrtcgpc.net/gemp-lotr/game.html?replayId=Tunadan$5zslu0eh40nna1w8

He who breaks a thing to find out what it is has left the path of wisdom.

February 22, 2024, 06:21:34 PM
Reply #1

Orophoin

• Information Offline
  • Orc
Re: Rohan/Hobbit/Smeagol with Sudden Strike Archery
« Reply #1 on: February 22, 2024, 06:21:34 PM »
I love the addition of Too Great and Terrible. Powerful Guide is way too overbearing in my opinion. You'll still struggle to Gil Galad, but almost everyone does, I guess.

Have you considered one Gollum, Dark as Darkness? I appreciate you'll usually be exerting for the fens, but would the flexibility be worth more than an extra Her Sneak?

February 23, 2024, 02:29:10 PM
Reply #2

Tunadan

• Information Offline
  • Tracker
Re: Rohan/Hobbit/Smeagol with Sudden Strike Archery
« Reply #2 on: February 23, 2024, 02:29:10 PM »
I like the idea of DaD, but I don't know if it would be worth it. I'll have to experiment some with him.

Gil-Galad can actually be dealt with fairly easily. Most HKOTN decks take until 5 or 6 to set up their loops, so if they go above 6 or if they add a bunch of burdens to tank archery, Shotgun Enquea can team up with Mumak Commander to kill him.
He who breaks a thing to find out what it is has left the path of wisdom.