LotR TCG Wiki → Card Sets:  All 0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 → Forums:  TLHH CC

Author Topic: Elvish Archers and Telcontar Tank with Leader of the Company (Free Peoples only)  (Read 5162 times)

November 19, 2008, 07:38:41 AM
Read 5162 times

Gate Troll

• Information Offline
  • Ranger
This is Free Peoples only.   :up:

Free Peoples (35):

Starting:
[Ring] The One Ring, The Binding Ring (Ring)
[Elven] Galadriel, Bearer of Wisdom (Ringbearer)
[Elven] Legolas, Greenleaf (Starting)
[Elven] Glorfindel, Revealed in Wrath (Starting)

Companions: 8
[Elven] Gil-Galad, Elven High King x1
[Gondor] Aragorn, Elessar Telcontar x2
[Gandalf] Gandalf, Leader of the Company x3

Artifacts: 7
[Elven] Galadriel's Silver Ewer x1
[Gondor] Anduril, Sword that was Broken x2
[Elven] Aiglos x2
[Elven] Nenya x1
[Gandalf] Narya x1

Possessions: 11
[Elven] Sword of the Fallen x3
[Elven] Elven Bow x3
[Elven] Knife of the Galadhrim x1
[Gondor] Aragorn's Bow x1
[Gandalf] Gandalf's Cart x3

Conditions: 5
[Elven] The Splendor of Their Banners x1
[Elven] The Tale of Gil-Galad x1
[Gondor] The Saga of Elendil x1
[Gandalf] Watch and Wait x2

Events: 4
[Gandalf] Servant of the Secret Fire x4

The strategy is awesome. Get Gandalf's Cart out, play lots of possessions and use The Binding Ring to fetch Nenya and Narya.
Elessar Telcontar and Elven High King form the backbone of the tank with things like Aiglos and Sword that was Broken boosting them even more. Throw Splendor of Their Banners onto Bearer of Wisdom; Nenya and the Binding Ring make her Vitality 5, plenty of extra archery. Aragorn's Bow turns Aragorn into a Greenleaf-like companion and with Sword that was Broken he's Vitality 5, more archery for the engine. Throw bows onto Galadriel, Gil-Galad and Glorfindel as well as a few copies of Sword of the Fallen which keys in nicely with plenty of wounded minions. Then, whatever survives the Archery phase probably won't survive to Regroup because now we see the likes of Gil-Galad and Glorfindel and Telcontar. Leader of the Company gives some strength bonuses and Narya and Watch and Wait help with burden removal. Any constructive crititiscm and/or suggestions of any kind are welcome.
« Last Edit: November 19, 2008, 10:26:59 AM by Gate Troll »

November 19, 2008, 09:32:09 AM
Reply #1

Thranduil

• Information Offline
  • Wizard
    • Zalman's Dungeon (blog of SF stories by Thranduil)
2 Ewers and 2 Andurils is perhaps too much, though Nenya luckily provides a good way of cycling them. I think I would cut 1 of each in favour of vitality adders like The Tale of Gil-galad, The Saga of Elendil, which seem to support your strategy quite a lot.

There's no point running LotC unless you have 4 of him, in my opinion. I think it makes more sense not to start Glorfindel (putting another Elf or 2 in the deck like Orophin and Rúmil :hey: ) and starting Greenleaf and Leader of Men. This way, Narya can be played first site for maximum burden removal. Also, I would strongly consider running a copy of Foe-hammer to make sure you shed those burdens.

I wouldn't bother with Arwen's Dagger, SotF is better. I especially wouldn't bother with 1, let alone 2, Phials because you need to lose some cards as this deck is too large and has no drawing capacity. I would replace both Weapons of Lothlorien with Servant of the Secret Fire (which is fine to have 4 of when starting Gandalf) because it's just awesome. Also, 3 Gandalf's Cart seems excessive. If you removed those cards from the deck, you'd be far more likely to draw the possessions you need at the right time!

Thranduil
« Last Edit: November 19, 2008, 09:33:41 AM by Thranduil »

November 19, 2008, 09:35:47 AM
Reply #2

King89

• Information Offline
  • Horseman
  • your master.
    • nine-walkers 2.0 german

November 19, 2008, 09:45:55 AM
Reply #3

Thranduil

• Information Offline
  • Wizard
    • Zalman's Dungeon (blog of SF stories by Thranduil)
watch and wait for arwen?!
Great idea! :gp: Actually, I was trying to think before: "What is the best way for Gandalf to remove burdens..." and I completely forgot about Watch and Wait! #-o

Yeah GT, definitely a Watch and Wait or 2 would be awesome. Oh, and you do realise that Aiglos isn't in your decklist, right? Oh, and I was going to suggest Farewell to Lorien for healing but I forgot.

Thranduil
« Last Edit: November 19, 2008, 09:53:25 AM by Thranduil »

November 19, 2008, 09:52:12 AM
Reply #4

macheteman

• Information Offline
  • Knight
greenleaf/aiglos/tale of gil-galad
aragorn/bow/sword that was broken/cloak/saga of elendil

both solid combos. together=more solid-er

last alliance of elves and men is a great way to keep aragorn strong in an elf heavy deck.

better healing might be something you should think about.

November 19, 2008, 09:57:56 AM
Reply #5

King89

• Information Offline
  • Horseman
  • your master.
    • nine-walkers 2.0 german
yeah, WaW is an awesome card to remove burdens so easily. i run two if them in my gondorian fight deck - a thorongil of strength 16 + x or faramir (15) like it to fight as well - killing a balrog and remove 2 burdens :mrgreen:

but back to topic: what about adding an Elrond, witness to history to be safe against nasty possession discard --> elven bow?! you may drop one Anduril ;)

November 19, 2008, 10:00:39 AM
Reply #6

SomeRandomDude

• Information Offline
  • Maia
  • Most Likely To Usurp Kralik and Dáin
    • My Wordpress
I have to agree. Aragorn tank + 4 comps? Last Alliance!
NB- 4 year veteran of CC/TLHH

"It was like:
Kralik: "What hath God wrought"
NB: "I dunno, but I'm in ur house eating ur food.""
-Elessar's Socks

Trade List- ft. Aragorn, Defender of Rohan

November 19, 2008, 10:19:17 AM
Reply #7

Gate Troll

• Information Offline
  • Ranger
Thanks for the ideas. Yeah, WaW is definetly needed, I cut Arwen and made a few other modifications. :UP: