LotR TCG Wiki → Card Sets:  All 0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 → Forums:  TLHH CC

Author Topic: An Attempt at Restoring an Old Idea  (Read 14131 times)

December 03, 2008, 01:21:50 PM
Read 14131 times

Centurion

• Information Offline
  • Orc
An Attempt at Restoring an Old Idea
« on: December 03, 2008, 01:21:50 PM »
 This is an attempt to remake a Classic of the St.Mary's County homeschoolers LOTR TCG community. NO that isn't anything official just a few friends who play and happen to live in St.Mary's County MD.  A deck my cousin made along time ago. He called it THE LADIES OF POWER. (He had quite the sense of humor)Now sadly I was unable to recover the original but in an attempt to stay true to the Theme of the deck.

Here Goes 

[Ring] Ring of Rings
 Bearer: Galadriel Bearer of Wisdom

Companions: Eowyn Sister-Daughter of Theoden (Starting)
                   Arwen Queen of Elves and Men(Starting)

Conditions: Agility x1

Events: Valor x4
            Morning Came x4
            Hamstrung x2
            Simbelmyne x4

Possessions: Gwemegil x2
                   Arwen's Dagger x1
                   Eowyn's Sword, Dernhelm's Blade x1
                   Eowyn's Shield x2
                   Sword of the Fallen x2
                   Asfaloth x2
                   Rohirrim Mount x1
                   Rohirrim Javelin x1
                   Elven Bow x2

Artifacts: Galadriel's Silver Ewer x2

Allies: Leowyn

Total: 33

So that was it I'd like to ask you all to critique the crap out of it, alright guys have at it.

EDIT: I am not familiar with alot of Xlist cards so please wave the red flag on it if you see anything.

Thanks
« Last Edit: December 22, 2008, 12:35:53 PM by Centurion »
Caffeine destroys Society.
Society destroys Freedom.
Freedom is the right of all sentient beings (and therefore should not be destroyed.)
Caffeine, therefore, destroys the enemy of freedom.

Caffeine, therefore, is a sacred weapon for the protection of all sentient beings. -- Agent Drake

December 03, 2008, 01:25:15 PM
Reply #1

NappyKorn

• Information Offline
  • Knight
  • The ShizKnight
Re: An Attempt at Restoring an Old Idea
« Reply #1 on: December 03, 2008, 01:25:15 PM »
I always wanted to try just an all female companion deck, but was never sure how to go about it. Deck looks cool for being a theme deck. Only thing I can see wrong with it at first glimpse is it isn't standard it is expanded format :up:. I will look through it more when I get a chance.
If a Balrog falls from a bridge and noone is around, does it make a sound?

December 03, 2008, 01:42:52 PM
Reply #2

Gate Troll

• Information Offline
  • Ranger
« Reply #2 on: December 03, 2008, 01:42:52 PM »
Never use warg-riders or mumakil against it, that's all I'm saying. #-o (Stupid Dernhelm](*,)

December 03, 2008, 01:45:52 PM
Reply #3

DáinIronfoot

• Bearded Axeman
  • Information Offline
  • Maia
  • Never tickle a Dwarf!
« Reply #3 on: December 03, 2008, 01:45:52 PM »
I might prefer Sister-daughter of Theoden over Dernhelm because she'd be tough to kill off (especially with Arwen's Dagger pulling cards into hand as needed).

I see little need for two copies of Eowyn's Shield. I'd drop one copy and a copy of Rohirrim Mount for two copies of Elven Bow. Couldn't hurt to have Arwen and Galadriel tossing out some archery while they're around. :up:

Another fun option would be to toss in Brego (for Galadriel) and Riding Like The Wind for an easy way to increase the move limit. Each costs only [1], so it wouldn't be a major burden in terms of twilight added. Just a thought, since Eowyn and Arwen are already mounted anyway....

And for all women, don't forget about Leowyn! ;) She actually isn't a terrible choice here, again comboing very well with Arwen's Dagger.

What other female characters are we forgetting? :-k
Best regards,
Dáin

Check out Lasting Alliances and The Road Ahead, my two completed DC sets, and also The Way Into Mordor (in progress), all part of my 5-set Wars of the Ring DC "block".

December 03, 2008, 01:56:53 PM
Reply #4

Gate Troll

• Information Offline
  • Ranger
« Reply #4 on: December 03, 2008, 01:56:53 PM »
If only Lorien Elf didn't suck...  ](*,)

December 03, 2008, 02:26:41 PM
Reply #5

Centurion

• Information Offline
  • Orc
« Reply #5 on: December 03, 2008, 02:26:41 PM »
I always wanted to try just an all female companion deck, but was never sure how to go about it. Deck looks cool for being a theme deck. Only thing I can see wrong with it at first glimpse is it isn't standard it is expanded format :up:. I will look through it more when I get a chance.

Yeah I know  #-o #-o #-o In fact I was going to post there. I was a victim of some serious misclicks.

Sorry

*To Dain*  Did I forget my elven bows ARGH. Thanks for the tip. RE Eowyn's Shield GT plays me alot and I'm freakin' tired of his man archery RRRGH
The original craft was awesome though not all true to the theme I remember he ran a different RB and a different Galadrial.
« Last Edit: December 03, 2008, 03:31:10 PM by Centurion »
Freedom is the right of all sentient beings (and therefore should not be destroyed.)

Caffeine, therefore, is a sacred weapon for the protection of all sentient beings. -- Agent Drake

December 03, 2008, 03:04:33 PM
Reply #6

Thranduil

• Information Offline
  • Wizard
    • Zalman's Dungeon (blog of SF stories by Thranduil)
« Reply #6 on: December 03, 2008, 03:04:33 PM »
I think DI definitely has some great points. What you want is maximum direct wounding for Arwen by way of Elven Bow, Rohirrim Bow / Rider's Bow and Horse of Rohan (and a Brego instead of Asfaloth) so that each of your companions has the mounted exertion text. The best Éowyn for you is Lady of Ithilien (due to her wounding text and simple amazingness) and so it might be worth packing some healing for her like Farewell to Lorien. Once you have all your guys mounted, you want Riding Like the Wind and 4x Hamstrung with 4x Final Shot so that you're going straight for a fast win. With all your direct wounding (you might want to splash some cards like Nocked or Double Shot for this as well) and stuff to take advantage of it, you should be killing most minions but you might want to run some regroup discard (I'm sure [Rohan] have some of that though I can't remember it right now). Also, if your double moving and want to keep your hand full of skirmish pumps, stuff like City of the Trees and Wells of Deep Memory will stand you in good stead.

If you're running Simbelmyne (though obviously you can't if you're using Lady of Ithilien, which might be a problem... though you can if you run Leowyn as well!), there's no reason not to run 4 and there's no reason to have doubles of any unique possession because you'll ALWAYS be able to fetch the stuff you haven't got.

Thranduil
« Last Edit: December 03, 2008, 03:06:43 PM by Thranduil »

December 03, 2008, 03:24:17 PM
Reply #7

Centurion

• Information Offline
  • Orc
« Reply #7 on: December 03, 2008, 03:24:17 PM »
I did not run lady of Ithilien for just that reason I can't do Simbelmyne. Although Leowyn is a good idea I'll think long and hard about her. Wasn't going for a race deck but I might try that idea. On the elven Conditions/Events you suggested... :o I didn't even know most of those existed I is going to think about them to.

Sincerely your humble commander of a hundred

Centurion

EDIT: On a side note would anyone care to devise a fitting shadow for this I was thinking Nazgul cos' yknow the forest chase in FotR with Arwen and the Nazgul Plus The RotK scene with Eowyn and the Witch-King 
« Last Edit: December 03, 2008, 03:34:29 PM by Centurion »

December 03, 2008, 05:46:45 PM
Reply #8

FM

• Future Judge
  • Information Offline
  • Wizard
« Reply #8 on: December 03, 2008, 05:46:45 PM »
What other female characters are we forgetting? :-k

You COULD always pack Legolas, Greenleaf, awesome female character in terms of dishing out wounds.

December 04, 2008, 01:35:54 PM
Reply #9

Centurion

• Information Offline
  • Orc
« Reply #9 on: December 04, 2008, 01:35:54 PM »
har har that's not bad I'll have to think about that one too :lol:

December 04, 2008, 01:47:48 PM
Reply #10

menace64

• The Late-Night Moderator
  • Information Offline
  • Knight
  • Global Mod
  • Bruce Campbell is my father.
« Reply #10 on: December 04, 2008, 01:47:48 PM »
Where the devil is Uruviel?

December 04, 2008, 04:54:51 PM
Reply #11

SomeRandomDude

• Information Offline
  • Maia
  • Most Likely To Usurp Kralik and Dáin
    • My Wordpress
« Reply #11 on: December 04, 2008, 04:54:51 PM »
Gasp! No Uruviel?

You could pack Haldir.
NB- 4 year veteran of CC/TLHH

"It was like:
Kralik: "What hath God wrought"
NB: "I dunno, but I'm in ur house eating ur food.""
-Elessar's Socks

Trade List- ft. Aragorn, Defender of Rohan

December 05, 2008, 09:40:16 AM
Reply #12

Centurion

• Information Offline
  • Orc
« Reply #12 on: December 05, 2008, 09:40:16 AM »
Don't know who Uruviel is.

December 05, 2008, 12:42:04 PM
Reply #13

FM

• Future Judge
  • Information Offline
  • Wizard
« Reply #13 on: December 05, 2008, 12:42:04 PM »
She's simply the most kick-#$&*@! she-elf aside from Arwen and Legolas.

December 05, 2008, 05:56:36 PM
Reply #14

Centurion

• Information Offline
  • Orc
« Reply #14 on: December 05, 2008, 05:56:36 PM »
OK looked her up and didn't agree with you care to explain why you think so. Also which would you be referring to the common or the uncommon. HALDIR OK I can take the Legolas jokes but Haldir why is it that long hair makes all elf males into females never quite understood that I mean I know the physical similarities are there but they did that to make them less human not to make them girly. 
« Last Edit: December 05, 2008, 07:37:02 PM by Centurion »