LotR TCG Wiki → Card Sets:  All 0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 → Forums:  TLHH CC

Author Topic: Red Deck  (Read 2890 times)

December 13, 2008, 06:24:35 AM
Read 2890 times

SomeRandomDude

• Information Offline
  • Maia
  • Most Likely To Usurp Kralik and Dáin
    • My Wordpress
Red Deck
« on: December 13, 2008, 06:24:35 AM »
Well...standard has a variant of a deck known as Red Deck Wins. The deck runs a curve up to Demigod of Revenge at which point you're supposed to have won.

I'm going to try to take some principles of Red Deck Wins and mix it with a little burn to make a face-smashing red deck.

Genju of the Spires x 4
Lava Spike x 4
Figure of Destiny x 4
Stigma Lasher x 4
Incinerate x 4
Slith Firewalker x 4
Boggart Ram-Gang x 4
Magus of the Moon x 4
Sulfuric Vortex x 2
Demigod of Revenge x 4

Mountain x 22
« Last Edit: December 13, 2008, 08:27:27 AM by NBarden »
NB- 4 year veteran of CC/TLHH

"It was like:
Kralik: "What hath God wrought"
NB: "I dunno, but I'm in ur house eating ur food.""
-Elessar's Socks

Trade List- ft. Aragorn, Defender of Rohan

December 13, 2008, 06:32:22 AM
Reply #1

FM

• Future Judge
  • Information Offline
  • Wizard
Re: Red Deck
« Reply #1 on: December 13, 2008, 06:32:22 AM »
You don't need the life-gaining stopping maindecked. Sulfuric Vortex can have 2 copis maindecked, the rest sideboarded. I'd run Chrome Mox and maybe 2-3 Shrapnel Blast, aside from a set of Great Furnace, and use the Chrome Mox to not only helping up ramping to a turn-two Magus of the Moon, but also a turn-one 2/2 Figure of Destiny, and run maindecked Slith Firewaker, also dropping on turn one. I'd probably also run Molten Rain maindecked, and the fourth Magus, and lose the Demigod idea completly (perhaps sideboarded, it's just too expensive), and probably run more efficient burn like Shard Volley/Flame Javelin. Browbeat might fit the sidebaord as well, although maindecked it'll clog up the 3-slot space, and I'd rather have Ram-Gang, Molten Rain and Magus on that slot. With a set of Chrome Mox, you could also cut down to 20 mountains. Oh, and I'd sideboard Genjus, tops, although maybe not even that. If #$&*@!'s Thunder isn't clogging the 3-drop slot, I'd switch it for Flame Javelin. If it is, for Shard Volley maybe, or Rift Bolt.