LotR TCG Wiki → Card Sets:  All 0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 → Forums:  TLHH CC

Author Topic: Sauron Besiegers swarm. (shadow only)  (Read 15353 times)

December 25, 2008, 09:13:51 AM
Reply #15

Gil-Estel

• Information Offline
  • King
  • Abuser of the Force
Re: Sauron Besiegers swarm. (shadow only)
« Reply #15 on: December 25, 2008, 09:13:51 AM »
I'll put some Christmas spirit in this discussion...You all make good points....;D
..."Elves seldom give unguarded advice, for advice is a dangerous gift, even from the wise to the wise, and all courses may run ill"...

December 25, 2008, 09:44:16 AM
Reply #16

Gate Troll

• Information Offline
  • Ranger
« Reply #16 on: December 25, 2008, 09:44:16 AM »
After playing with and aggainst this deck hundreds of times, I know how to build it almost by heart.

Great. I don't think alehaak asked for an 'expert' to come and tell him exactly what was wrong with his deck.  :roll:

First, drop 1x tower walkway and add 1x Troop tower. Troop tower is the key card to this deck, you need four cause you can't be afraid to discard it to take control of a site. The sooner you control the first site, the sooner you start stacking your guys and then the fun starts. Remember, with besiegers it doesn't matter that much how many sites you control, but how many stacked guys you have, cause that will give you strength bonus and will help you drop your ologs. They HAVE to come free and all at once. If someone tells you not to play 4x Ologs it's because this someone never played besiegers and have no idea what they're talking about :D

@NB: Olog too pricey? LMAO congrats NB, another very useful post ;) u clearly have no idea what a besieger deck is like and yet ur trying to teach someone!  =D>

NBarden may not know exactly how to build your 'wonder-deck' but that doesn't mean he has no idea what a besieger deck is like. There actually are other types besieger decks out there. Isn't that amazing?  :roll:

@King98: Not enough minions? LMAO this is not Moria not Forest Nazguls, sorry... we can all count minions, so if you can't add something else, just leave it  8-)

Who put you in charge? NBarden and King98 are actually helping alehaak better than you are, they're giving
suggestions relevant to the deck type instead of arrogantly telling him how to build a 'correct' deck.  :-X

Drop all Great Siege-towers, Some Secret Art of Flame and Their Marching Companies... just slow and unefficient in this deck, forget them. Forget about the berserker too, and forget about threats... it's not what besiegers are all about, unless you want to do your own version of besiegers, but seems like urs is not working and you want one that works :D

Possibly the most arrogant paragraph yet! Once again ordering him to 'forget about threats', I've played besieger threats before and while they don't drop a huge bomb they work just fine. Who are you to say, 'threats are not what besiegers are all about'? The next sentence is even worse: 'unless you want to do your own version of besiegers, but seems like urs is not working and you want one that works'. Of course he wants to do his own version! And who are you to say that it doesn't seem like it 'works'? You probably haven't even play-tested his deck yet.  :down:

This deck focus on (in this order):
.controlling sites
.stacking guys
.playing, ALL AT ONCE, 4x ologs for free + keepers stacked + minions in your hand + minions you play after olog wins

For controlling sites:
1x Tower Walkway
4x Troop Tower
4x Siege Troop
4x Din of Arms

For stacking guys:
3x Gorgoroth Keeper - perfect, stacks and plays later on the swarm
3x Gorgoroth Breaker - Seems odd at first, but you'll always stack him and it means +1 for all your guys for each breaker stacked.
2x Gorgoroth Troop - Stacks plus helps eventual overwhelming. Use him to stack keepers if u see they won't survive until regroup. Pretty much stack everything u can, actually :hey:
2x Gorgoroth Pillager - This was my latest addition since it raised deck size to 37... this is how my brother plays and the pillager stacked makes a #$&*@! of a difference... anyway, if you wanna keep under 35, I think he's the one that should be cut.
4x Gorgoroth Assassin - multi functional :D usually just assign him to anybody, makes sure he survives, discard him and troop tower to take a site, that's how he works... later, use him on the swarm to fight the big guy and let the ologs free. I have had my Cirdan fight him inumerous times while other ologs were eating my companions alive  :-k ](*,)

And finally...
4x Olog-hai of mordor - The star of the deck  8-)
2x Encirclement
2x Ithil Stone
2x Grond, Hammer of the Underworld

Great. I don't think anyone asked for your deck list, Mr. Know-it-all. Go tell someone who cares, and take your unfathomable arrogance with you. :down:

To a total of 35 or 37 cards. I think this is the correct way to play besiegers. This deck IS slow, you need a fellowship good enough to hold until you have the bomb, but the bomb is so huge, it's ridiculous: you'll be playing 4 ologs for free, plus all keepers stacked plus all minions in your hand, and as ologs win, you play more besiegers... with 4 stacked minions and 3 sites controlled, all your besiegers are +7 and fierce if pillager is stacked.

There is no 'correct' way to play besiegers. There are many good ways. You may know how to build a good besieger bomb deck but that doesn't qualify you as an expert on all deck types using besiegers. When someone posts a deck they are usually looking for ideas to make the deck better, not re-write it completely. Go start your own besieger deck topic instead of completely rebuilding alehaak's deck for him.

Did I say I love them? :D

Yes you did. You never mentioned how much you love to be condescending to 'decks that don't work' however.
« Last Edit: December 25, 2008, 09:45:51 AM by Gate Troll »

December 26, 2008, 02:15:00 AM
Reply #17

leokula

• Information Offline
  • Ranger
« Reply #17 on: December 26, 2008, 02:15:00 AM »
Sorry, but all I read is yak yak yak  :whistle:

About his deck nor working, I really didn't playtest, but somebody else wrote the deck wasn't working before I did...

I don't know what to do here... the main idea is the famous (?!) besieger swarm... but isn't working...
help!

"Oops!! It was alehaak!! That's why he created the topic!! The deck wasn't working so he asked for help!! Gees how could I miss it !!" LMAO

Anyway the topic is about besiegers. If you want to tell me how much I suck, PM please.

BTW, I don't blame any of you for being new around here, but i'm a friend of alehaak, played personally with him, went to barbecues with him and he's not offended by my "arrogance" so far, as much as you are. He asked about besiegers and I answered. If you're offended in his place or want to play his mom, again, PM me. LOL

December 26, 2008, 07:24:48 AM
Reply #18

SomeRandomDude

• Information Offline
  • Maia
  • Most Likely To Usurp Kralik and Dáin
    • My Wordpress
« Reply #18 on: December 26, 2008, 07:24:48 AM »
leokula, it was not alehaak that you were being offensive to.
NB- 4 year veteran of CC/TLHH

"It was like:
Kralik: "What hath God wrought"
NB: "I dunno, but I'm in ur house eating ur food.""
-Elessar's Socks

Trade List- ft. Aragorn, Defender of Rohan

December 26, 2008, 10:59:40 AM
Reply #19

Pepin The Breve

• Well-spoken Gentlehobbit
  • Information Offline
  • Marksman
« Reply #19 on: December 26, 2008, 10:59:40 AM »

You can also put two on the same companion...  :twisted:
Characters who are already assigned, may not be assigned by an assignment special ability - but I like Gorgoroth Assassin  :uh-huh:

Yeah...i guess you are right, i always forget that  :up:

Hey people no need to be rough with each other right? I guees everyone has a different idea on which way is the best to go with besigers and the best i think we do is read and respect them all, even if we think that the idea isn´t gonna work properly...

For exemple, i like to mix besigers "control and stack" with a little bit of Troll Swarm to get 4 or 5 big fierce minions in play at once (discarding some key conditions). So my main points are:
- Troop Tower is really awesome in this deck (i pack 3 on my deck) since is one nice way to get your site and start to stack people on it (and abuse it´s text)
- I put a lot of minions on it. Most of them are chep besigers with some auto-stacking hability like Gorgoroth Keeper and Gorgoroth Breaker and some that stack the others, like Gorgoroth Garrison.
- I add engines like Great Siege Towers cause they don´t need spoting to play, makes my Trolls cheaper and help to pump my minions. Playing with it i find it very useful.
- i add Great Hill Troll X4 (i love his text) for a big cheap guy that don´t need spoting and one or two Troll of Gorgoroth and Olog-Hai of Mordor cause they can be also cheap big minions (and i have only one or two copies of Olog  ;)).
- I run a 34 card deck which have around 22-24 minions and it works nice  :up:.
« Last Edit: December 26, 2008, 12:29:02 PM by Pepin The Breve »

September 20, 2009, 03:34:46 AM
Reply #20

tim1247

• Information Offline
  • Orc
« Reply #20 on: September 20, 2009, 03:34:46 AM »
 ;DHi , i started playing besieger 2 days ago and made only one deck (32 shadow cards ;movie deck), i playtest it once and it works well.
The Key cards are:
Troop Tower x3: For very early site controlling ,i discard any besieger with this card at the beginning to control sites asap.

Gorgoroth Breaker x4/Gorgoroth Keeper x4: They are awesome for their self-stacking ability, i always stack them once possible.

Tower Walkway x1: For besieger bonus as u control more sites.

Great Hill Troll x4: I played 6 engines to lower the cost of this troll, its awsome for its condition discard and strength.

:up: Olog-Hai of Mordor x4: The most powerful part of my deck---> i pull 4 of them at the same time with cost 0 at site 8 or 9 together with Great Hill Trolls which cost 3( all trolls with the strength bouns of +3 from tower walkway)... they totally overwhelm the fellowship....

I combined this deck with my Gondor Knights, they are in movie format.
Any suggestions or ideas?

November 07, 2010, 02:56:31 AM
Reply #21

itjunkie

• Information Offline
  • Troll
« Reply #21 on: November 07, 2010, 02:56:31 AM »
@leokula: how exactly do you play minions stacked on sites with your build? i seem to see only olog hai...or am i missing something?

@ES: very nice build being able to stack and play minions from sites easily... but leo has turned me into an olog hai fan... would it be good to put in ologs in your build?