LotR TCG Wiki → Card Sets:  All 0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 → Forums:  TLHH CC

Author Topic: AUSTRIAN FORMAT  (Read 17022 times)

December 31, 2008, 05:58:20 AM
Read 17022 times

Olorin

• Information Offline
  • Marksman
  • You shall not pass!
AUSTRIAN FORMAT
« on: December 31, 2008, 05:58:20 AM »
Guys,

I recognized that the expanded format is still present here; I have cancelled/prohibited all expanded format decks in tournaments I organized - due to the fact that in expanded format so many broken combos are possible...

What do you think to invent also the AUSTRIAN-FORMAT for deck building... it works like this:

at the basic, nearly all cards from all editions are allowed - but you have to consider that your deck consists from two pars - a free people's site and a shadow site.

you are allowed to use for one deck site cards from edtion 1 - 10 or 7 -18; cards from editions 9, 14, 16 and 19 are always allowed; all THE ONE RINGS and all ALTERNATIVE RINGBEARER are always allowed - everything's clear to you so far?

for example: in Austrian Format you are allowed to play this deck:
twilight nazgul corruption (shadow site) 1-10
hunter elves archery (free people's site) 7-18

this means you can play a kind of standard format with the difference that you are able to play also the old edtions... without having to face broken combos occuring in expanded format decks...

what do you think?
this format has already been tested in play (tournament in Austria, european championship in Germany)... and everyone's said: this is the best way to have a good game with the aspect that also other players without having a lot of cards from the newer editions are able to participate and play the game...

so, what do you say?
If there is any question left please do not hesitate and I will be happy to help you...  8-)
Mithrandir I am known to the Elves, Tharkun to the dwarves; Olorin was the name in my youth in the West which is forgotten, in the South Incanus, in the North Gandalf; into the East I will not go."

December 31, 2008, 07:15:35 AM
Reply #1

Gate Troll

• Information Offline
  • Ranger
Re: AUSTRIAN FORMAT
« Reply #1 on: December 31, 2008, 07:15:35 AM »
That sounds cool! Using both types in a deck, but not so they affect each other! Brilliant!  =D>
I'm going to have to try that sometime...  ;D

January 01, 2009, 12:54:33 AM
Reply #2

Mc Tono

• Information Offline
  • Scout
« Reply #2 on: January 01, 2009, 12:54:33 AM »
It`s a great format. Friends of mine played it in Germany at the EC. Maybe you can also say something about bans and restrictions.

I played it also and it`s especially a lot of fun slaughtering a standard deck with a movieblock shadow...

January 01, 2009, 12:57:38 AM
Reply #3

Mc Tono

• Information Offline
  • Scout
« Reply #3 on: January 01, 2009, 12:57:38 AM »
oh yeah, not to mention a gruesome tentacle swarm with all tentacles or a series 19 Balrog with power and terror....

January 01, 2009, 04:28:46 AM
Reply #4

TheJord

• League Director
  • Information Offline
  • King
  • High King of Rules
    • GamesCobra
« Reply #4 on: January 01, 2009, 04:28:46 AM »
I dont think you understand Mc Tono, your shadow can either be set 1-10 or set 7-19, so you couldnt mix Ages End 'Rog with Power and Terror
"The rule of Gondor is mine!"

January 01, 2009, 04:31:10 AM
Reply #5

MADG0BLIN

• Information Offline
  • Uruk-hai
« Reply #5 on: January 01, 2009, 04:31:10 AM »
Yes you can. :) That's the fun part. :P

Quote:
You are allowed to use for one deck site cards from edtion 1 - 10 or 7 -18; cards from editions 9, 14, 16 and 19 are ALWAYS allowed; all THE ONE RINGS and all ALTERNATIVE RINGBEARER are always allowed - everything's clear to you so far?

January 01, 2009, 07:02:48 AM
Reply #6

Olorin

• Information Offline
  • Marksman
  • You shall not pass!
« Reply #6 on: January 01, 2009, 07:02:48 AM »
Thanks for response!

This is really a great format - invented by myself - and now this is "Standard" in Austria and also in Germany ;-)
Mithrandir I am known to the Elves, Tharkun to the dwarves; Olorin was the name in my youth in the West which is forgotten, in the South Incanus, in the North Gandalf; into the East I will not go."

January 01, 2009, 08:20:21 AM
Reply #7

Olorin

• Information Offline
  • Marksman
  • You shall not pass!
« Reply #7 on: January 01, 2009, 08:20:21 AM »
...probably it is possible to make therefore an extra menu as "Standard", etc. in "Lothlorien": "AUSTRIAN FORMAT"?

January 01, 2009, 09:31:30 AM
Reply #8

TheJord

• League Director
  • Information Offline
  • King
  • High King of Rules
    • GamesCobra
« Reply #8 on: January 01, 2009, 09:31:30 AM »
Well Expanded format basically covers Austrian format... I would suggest posting in Expanded with a note that this is an Austrian format
"The rule of Gondor is mine!"

January 02, 2009, 05:43:56 AM
Reply #9

Beorn

• Information Offline
  • Uruk-hai
« Reply #9 on: January 02, 2009, 05:43:56 AM »
One of the problems we have is that when new players join our group they are severely disadvantaged because they cannot get new cards. We allow proxies which helps somewhat. I am definitely going to speak to my group about using this format for future leagues and such. Good idea!  :up:
Grrrrrrrr

January 02, 2009, 12:40:17 PM
Reply #10

Gil-Estel

• Information Offline
  • King
  • Abuser of the Force
« Reply #10 on: January 02, 2009, 12:40:17 PM »
Yeah, I have experienced this and it is great. There are a few nice decks possible and I've seen them. It is great to see Moria swarm and Savargery to match their Numbers getting the best out of serious standard fellowships....
..."Elves seldom give unguarded advice, for advice is a dangerous gift, even from the wise to the wise, and all courses may run ill"...

January 03, 2009, 12:39:32 AM
Reply #11

Olorin

• Information Offline
  • Marksman
  • You shall not pass!
« Reply #11 on: January 03, 2009, 12:39:32 AM »
So, I would say, feel free to post further on and perhaps also some deck ideas with this format...

January 03, 2009, 04:14:39 AM
Reply #12

Smeagollum

« Reply #12 on: January 03, 2009, 04:14:39 AM »
Guys,

I recognized that the expanded format is still present here; I have cancelled/prohibited all expanded format decks in tournaments I organized - due to the fact that in expanded format so many broken combos are possible...

What do you think to invent also the AUSTRIAN-FORMAT for deck building... it works like this:

at the basic, nearly all cards from all editions are allowed - but you have to consider that your deck consists from two pars - a free people's site and a shadow site.

you are allowed to use for one deck site cards from edtion 1 - 10 or 7 -18; cards from editions 9, 14, 16 and 19 are always allowed; all THE ONE RINGS and all ALTERNATIVE RINGBEARER are always allowed - everything's clear to you so far?

for example: in Austrian Format you are allowed to play this deck:
twilight nazgul corruption (shadow site) 1-10
hunter elves archery (free people's site) 7-18

this means you can play a kind of standard format with the difference that you are able to play also the old edtions... without having to face broken combos occuring in expanded format decks...

what do you think?
this format has already been tested in play (tournament in Austria, european championship in Germany)... and everyone's said: this is the best way to have a good game with the aspect that also other players without having a lot of cards from the newer editions are able to participate and play the game...

so, what do you say?
If there is any question left please do not hesitate and I will be happy to help you...  8-)

And how do you organize the old sitepath?

January 03, 2009, 04:24:44 AM
Reply #13

Olorin

• Information Offline
  • Marksman
  • You shall not pass!
« Reply #13 on: January 03, 2009, 04:24:44 AM »
about the sitepath: only the new sites are meant to be played (from set 11 and later) - and for players who don't have cards past set 10, I think it should be very easy to get nine sites from the newer sets...
so only new sites are allowed to play.

Everything's clear so far? ;-)

January 06, 2009, 08:09:04 AM
Reply #14

Smeagollum

« Reply #14 on: January 06, 2009, 08:09:04 AM »
about the sitepath: only the new sites are meant to be played (from set 11 and later) - and for players who don't have cards past set 10, I think it should be very easy to get nine sites from the newer sets...
so only new sites are allowed to play.

Everything's clear so far? ;-)

I think we can do better then this. I've got a system which allows old sites to be played in this system.

Shadowwcost site - original region in which the site original belongs + region in which the site is played = total twilightcost

Example:

A site 9 from fotr-block with a cost of 9 is played

in region 1: 9 - 6 = 3 + 0 = 3
In region 2: 9 - 6 + 3 + 3 = 6
in region 3: 9 - 6 = 3 + 6 = 9

A site 4 with 1 cost played in region:

1: 1 - 3 = 0 (can not be less then 0) + 0 = 0
2: 1 - 3 = 0 + 3 = 3
3: 1 - 3 = 0 + 6 = 6