LotR TCG Wiki → Card Sets:  All 0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 → Forums:  TLHH CC

Author Topic: Minion question only a newb would ask.  (Read 4716 times)

January 04, 2009, 09:14:51 AM
Read 4716 times

Centurion

• Information Offline
  • Orc
Minion question only a newb would ask.
« on: January 04, 2009, 09:14:51 AM »
Hey I was thinking if a unique minion is killed are you able to play it again. A stupid question I know but hey it needs answering because a friend of mine played gollum right after I finished killing him didn't bring it up then for the sake of the greater good. Just wondering(and praying that it was) if that move was illegal.

Thanks
Caffeine destroys Society.
Society destroys Freedom.
Freedom is the right of all sentient beings (and therefore should not be destroyed.)
Caffeine, therefore, destroys the enemy of freedom.

Caffeine, therefore, is a sacred weapon for the protection of all sentient beings. -- Agent Drake

January 04, 2009, 09:32:50 AM
Reply #1

Kralik

Re: Minion question only a newb would ask.
« Reply #1 on: January 04, 2009, 09:32:50 AM »
Yes, unique minions are not treated the same as unique companions. You can play them again once discarded. Otherwise, how could Gollum decks survive? ;)

January 04, 2009, 09:38:12 AM
Reply #2

TheJord

• League Director
  • Information Offline
  • King
  • High King of Rules
    • GamesCobra
« Reply #2 on: January 04, 2009, 09:38:12 AM »
Oh how I remember my early days. We used to play that if a minion was killed, not discarded, it couldnt be replayed. And I played Moria! LOL!
"The rule of Gondor is mine!"

January 04, 2009, 09:50:37 AM
Reply #3

Gil-Estel

• Information Offline
  • King
  • Abuser of the Force
« Reply #3 on: January 04, 2009, 09:50:37 AM »
Sorry to blow your hope...unique minions can't be in play at the same time, but when it's gone, a new one can occur....
..."Elves seldom give unguarded advice, for advice is a dangerous gift, even from the wise to the wise, and all courses may run ill"...

January 04, 2009, 10:58:16 AM
Reply #4

Centurion

• Information Offline
  • Orc
« Reply #4 on: January 04, 2009, 10:58:16 AM »
Oh well guess your right Kralik gollum decks would suck were that the case. thanks a ton now I'm gonna build a gollum deck :hey: :hey:
Caffeine destroys Society.
Society destroys Freedom.
Freedom is the right of all sentient beings (and therefore should not be destroyed.)
Caffeine, therefore, destroys the enemy of freedom.

Caffeine, therefore, is a sacred weapon for the protection of all sentient beings. -- Agent Drake

January 05, 2009, 01:24:43 PM
Reply #5

Gate Troll

• Information Offline
  • Ranger
« Reply #5 on: January 05, 2009, 01:24:43 PM »
Oh well guess your right Kralik gollum decks would suck were that the case. thanks a ton now I'm gonna build a gollum deck :hey: :hey:

Wait, I thought your cousin built that...  :-?

January 06, 2009, 08:10:07 AM
Reply #6

Elessar's Socks

• Information Offline
  • Knight
  • "I see...I look foul and feel foul. Is that it?"
« Reply #6 on: January 06, 2009, 08:10:07 AM »
Getting rid of Gollum is like playing a game of Whac-A-Mole. Several (and more direct) ways of causing trouble, but one fun way is with a knight deck. Fourth Level / CotS squishes Gollum, Sapling of the White Tree prevents wounds (and Promise Keeping), and Banner of Westernesse / Hero of Osgiliath ramps up healing. A random Clever Hobbits can result in epic lulz.

January 06, 2009, 08:38:12 AM
Reply #7

DáinIronfoot

• Bearded Axeman
  • Information Offline
  • Maia
  • Never tickle a Dwarf!
« Reply #7 on: January 06, 2009, 08:38:12 AM »
Quote from: Elessar's Socks
Getting rid of Gollum is like playing a game of Whac-A-Mole. Several (and more direct) ways of causing trouble, but one fun way is with a knight deck. Fourth Level / CotS squishes Gollum....

Don't forget Gondor Bow! I love Fourth Level / Gondor Bow comboing. Yummy. :twisted: And it's Standard-legal, too!
Best regards,
Dáin

Check out Lasting Alliances and The Road Ahead, my two completed DC sets, and also The Way Into Mordor (in progress), all part of my 5-set Wars of the Ring DC "block".