LotR TCG Wiki → Card Sets:  All 0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 → Forums:  TLHH CC

Author Topic: GCCG (1.2.0 "Lady Shredder" - 02/26/11)  (Read 13360 times)

January 04, 2009, 04:46:33 PM
Read 13360 times

Kralik

GCCG (1.2.0 "Lady Shredder" - 02/26/11)
« on: January 04, 2009, 04:46:33 PM »
Quote from: Manuel
In these last months, there have been a couple persons working in the adaptation of GCCG (Generic Collectible Card Game) to the game-systems of LOTR.

GCCG has been extensively used for other games, such as MtG, and especially Middle Earth CCG, which has an active and yet living community built around the game.

I used to play SDA a lot in the LOTR WWL days, and have been using a lot GCCG in the past years with MECCG, and in my experience, GCCG is superior for a lot for reasons, and will help having the community unite.

I have extracted this information from the GCCG webpage:

Generic Collectible Card Game is a multiplayer multiplatform implementation of a card game engine. The card game engine is designed to be of general purpose core for several modules each defining the game specific behaviour. Players download a client for their platform and all modules of interest. After launching the client for one of the games, it connects to the central server of the game chosen. When connected, all aspects of the collecting, trading and playing are availble to the player. Here is a brief summary of features

* Deck editor including import and export from/to a text file.
    * Fast game play: bureaucracy not implemented (on purpose).
    * 1-4 players.
    * You can watch games while not playing yourself.
    * Highly customizeable: macros and scripting language included.
    * Servers have a knowledge of several game formats (for example Type 1, Type 1.5, etc. in Mtg).
       Own game formats can be defined. (in the case of LOTR, every format has been taking into account)
    * Sell cards by determining a price and the number of cards for sale. Clients can see always the best offer.
    * Easy trading: create your want list and the server helps you to find a trade.
    * Sealed deck games.
    * Export and import to/from existing deck formats.

You can download the client and the images for the game, as well as some screenshots here:

(Link no longer relevant --Kralik)

And this is the webpage for GCCG:

http://gccg.sourceforge.net/

I write this message to you because I would like to know what do you think of presenting this tool to the LOTR community, as the admin of the Online Section of this forum, and if you think it is a good idea, introducing it yourself to the players.

I really believe this will be a very helpful tool to keep and increase the LOTR gaming community.

Why another LotR platform?
Those were my initial thoughts when TheJord posted this PM to the White Council. And having spent so much time working on the LotR plugin for Lackey, introducing yet another alternative to SdA seemed like a waste of time. However, I have tried GCCG and... I love it! So before I mention differences in the interface, let me say why this would be good for TLHH. One word: community.

GCCG has something that both SdA and Lackey lack: a chat lobby that gives:

• A place for people to hang out and chat about LotR.
  • The ability to watch a game in process and chat with the players.
  • The ability to see who's currently playing and watching.

This, IMO, is a BIG deal. It's a lot more fun to play when you are seeing others play and hanging around them. Why would you have to post in "looking for a game" when you can just pop into the LotR TCG lobby and see who's around? Any interesting games to watch? And what if you just wanted to stop in and chat with your CC/TLHH buddies?

Aside from that, there is absolutely NO need to mess with port forwarding or Hamachi. No more "I can play if you can host!" It just works.

Here are some of the other great features:
  • Automatic game saves if either party loses their network connection.
  • The ability to buy, sell, collect, and trade virtual cards (using "money" earned from games).
  • EXTENSIVE keyboard shortcuts for just about everything. For example: Delete = Discard. Very handy.
  • An intuitive interface. Click on your draw deck to draw a card, click on the twilight pool to add a token, click on your adventure deck to play the next site (automatically if in Movie Block or before, otherwise you choose).
  • Easy additions of twilight simply by typing things like +11 or -8 into the chat.
  • A binder-style display of cards for deckbuilding.
  • The ability to run in fullscreen.
  • Native support for Zorbec's Decklist Builder and SdA decks (this was coded by wlk for me simply by request!)*
  • Nice touches like the ability to type culture icons in the chat window ([Gandalf], [Sauron], etc), your starting companions automatically pulled out of your draw deck for you, the ability to "touch" a card (highlight it momentarily to remind your opponent what you are using...)
  • *Active developers who listen to feedback and improve the program!

The new official way to install the windows client is:

1/ Go to GCCG official site: http://gccg.sourceforge.net/
2/ Follow the instructions (download http://gccg.sourceforge.net/gccg_install.zip, extract)
3/ Run "Install LOTR.bat", to download and install the LOTR module.
4/ Wait for all required components to be installed
5/ Start the game with "Lotr.bat"
6/ If first time install and asked for, type /newuser myname and restart again.
7/ When successfully connected, quit and use "Install LOTR Cards.bat" to also download the card images.

And that should be all.

Now, on a regular basis, you might want to update the client.
Use "Update Everything.bat" (while client is not running) to check and install updated components.

For Linux installation, go to official site (http://gccg.sourceforge.net/) and follow the instructions.

Most everything in the game can be accessed by right-clicking somewhere in the screen. On a table in the lobby, on a deck, on your hand, etc. If you want to use the keyboard shortcuts that is up to you. Here are some basic instructions to get you started:

• If you don't have write access to the C: drive (NB this is for you!), create a folder called home in the gccg folder. Otherwise, settings are written to C:\.gccg
  • Run Lotr.bat and pick a username by following the onscreen instructions.
  • After restarting, right-click to "Import deck" and choose a starter deck. Or, drop one of your Zorbec's decks into the gccg\decks\lotr folder and import that deck.
  • Click on Table 0 (1 player) to "sit down" and then middle-click to start a solitaire game. Tables 1 and 2 will let you play 2 players. More tables can be added if needed. :)
  • The game will automagically pull companions, RB, and the ring out of your deck. Simply click on the ones you want to play and then right-click whatever's left to choose "Shuffle to the deck".
  • SHIFT displays a card full-sized while it is being held-down, while F5 brings up a permanent card viewer.
  • Have fun!

I will be around from time to time if anyone wants to try it (I am the crab ;)); otherwise, there are a couple other players around that are willing to help. Right now seems like there are mostly European players on. Give it a shot, see what you think, and report suggestions and feedback! The other day, I popped into MECCG's lobby and saw 14 people playing, watching, and chatting. 'Twould be great to see the same for LotR. ;D
« Last Edit: February 26, 2011, 07:47:13 AM by Kralik »

January 04, 2009, 04:50:32 PM
Reply #1

Kralik

Re: Introducing GCCG
« Reply #1 on: January 04, 2009, 04:50:32 PM »
And here are some screenshots! :)
« Last Edit: October 18, 2009, 02:14:28 PM by Kralik »

January 05, 2009, 02:58:48 AM
Reply #2

Malachi

• Information Offline
  • Villager
« Reply #2 on: January 05, 2009, 02:58:48 AM »
Thank you again, Kralik! Very interesting indeed. Now I really wish I could play with someone ;)

January 05, 2009, 05:39:40 AM
Reply #3

Kralik

« Reply #3 on: January 05, 2009, 05:39:40 AM »
Thank you again, Kralik! Very interesting indeed. Now I really wish I could play with someone ;)

Oh, just to be clear, I didn't come up with this. Kudos to wlk, who is a member of this board but keeping a low profile. :)

January 05, 2009, 09:16:35 AM
Reply #4

Malachi

• Information Offline
  • Villager
« Reply #4 on: January 05, 2009, 09:16:35 AM »
The interface is nice and very user-friendly indeed. The most interesting concept to me was "buying" and "selling" cards with virtual money. So, while you can still play casual games using whatever cards you want, to play in tournaments you need to purchase cards and build decks with them, using the money won from previous torneys. This all seems very fun... except that there is nobody to play with. I saw a message that the official launch is coming soon, does that mean there are no people because it's still a test version?

January 05, 2009, 09:57:01 AM
Reply #5

Kralik

« Reply #5 on: January 05, 2009, 09:57:01 AM »
It will be launched "officially" soon, so don't start collecting yet, as usernames might be reset. As for the virtual money, from what I have observed so far:

Winning a game nets you $36.
Losing a game nets you $9.
Bets can be placed on tables.

Booster and Starter deck prices seem slightly inflated.

As for nobody to play with yet... there will be people to play when TLHH members start logging in! :P Otherwise, there's me, wlk, wigy, Manuel... if you see someone in the lobby with the following avatar:

It means they are sleeping (logged in but away).
Oh, and you can change your own avatar by typing:

/set avatar *yourchoice*

into the chat window. Choices are here.

I might have a chance this evening (Pacific US) to play -- let me know!

January 05, 2009, 10:19:29 AM
Reply #6

sickofpalantirs

• Information Offline
  • Useful Spammer
  • one spammer to rule them all
« Reply #6 on: January 05, 2009, 10:19:29 AM »
wait, so this doesn't cost any real money?
Felipe Musco:
(after all, it's a CHARITY organization, I still have SOME principles, even having gone through Law School... :P),
Elf Lvr:
Bit of a scrawny Iowan kid with an unhealthy artifact obsession. Oh, and a God of Spam. In a good way.
Ahhh!!! SoP, you're a genius!!! :gp: ~Menace64
SoP's Trade List
Like Muscle Cars? Check out themusclecarplace.com

January 05, 2009, 10:45:47 AM
Reply #7

Gate Troll

• Information Offline
  • Ranger
« Reply #7 on: January 05, 2009, 10:45:47 AM »
Nope. It costs virtual money, otherwise it would suck. :up:

January 05, 2009, 12:15:48 PM
Reply #8

wlk

• Information Offline
  • Uruk-hai
« Reply #8 on: January 05, 2009, 12:15:48 PM »

Oh, just to be clear, I didn't come up with this. Kudos to wlk, who is a member of this board but keeping a low profile. :)

Hey low profile yourself !  ;)

About the game, please try and have fun, and let me know everything you think that would help or be required.
All feedback is always welcome !

January 05, 2009, 12:26:33 PM
Reply #9

MR. Lurtzy

• Information Offline
  • King
  • Wouldn't it be nice if we were Hodor?
    • My website
« Reply #9 on: January 05, 2009, 12:26:33 PM »
How do I create a deck?

January 05, 2009, 01:09:07 PM
Reply #10

Mc Tono

• Information Offline
  • Scout
« Reply #10 on: January 05, 2009, 01:09:07 PM »
Here`s a typical dutch question: it costs NO MONEY?I have access to all cards, it costs NO MONEY, it`s better than sda and it costs NO MONEY?

Am I right?

January 05, 2009, 01:15:02 PM
Reply #11

Kralik

« Reply #11 on: January 05, 2009, 01:15:02 PM »
In my opinion it's better than SdA. And yes, no $$$.

January 06, 2009, 01:44:04 AM
Reply #12

Malachi

• Information Offline
  • Villager
« Reply #12 on: January 06, 2009, 01:44:04 AM »
MR. Lurtzy
The straightforward way is to type "/newdeck <deck name>", then open a collection manager and middle-clicking the cards you want to add, then export the deck to save it.

Another way is to Import file created in Zorbec's Deckbuilder.

January 06, 2009, 06:05:39 AM
Reply #13

Kralik

« Reply #13 on: January 06, 2009, 06:05:39 AM »
then export the deck to save it.

As far as I can tell, it saves decks automatically, so I believe you would only need to export it to send it to someone else. You can access a bunch of the deck options by right-clicking on the title "Current Deck."

January 06, 2009, 05:38:05 PM
Reply #14

Ringbearer

• Information Offline
  • Marksman
« Reply #14 on: January 06, 2009, 05:38:05 PM »
I am a long time GCCG user from my Middle Earth experience and I like the LOTR as well. I can found in the lobby when online usually, although due to work I show up at odd hours.

January 06, 2009, 07:09:54 PM
Reply #15

Cw0rk

• Information Offline
  • Knight
« Reply #15 on: January 06, 2009, 07:09:54 PM »
I downloaded this one. I don't really know how to chat. My name is c10ckw0rk.

January 06, 2009, 07:25:25 PM
Reply #16

MR. Lurtzy

• Information Offline
  • King
    • My website
« Reply #16 on: January 06, 2009, 07:25:25 PM »
I just started typing for chat... I don't think you have to click anywhere to find it.

January 07, 2009, 02:04:45 AM
Reply #17

Ringbearer

• Information Offline
  • Marksman
« Reply #17 on: January 07, 2009, 02:04:45 AM »
Exactly. On the bottom is an orange bar, if you type, it goes in there, when enter is pressed it shows in chat.

January 07, 2009, 10:50:01 AM
Reply #18

Kralik

« Reply #18 on: January 07, 2009, 10:50:01 AM »
GCCG users on the "testing" server have now been reset, so it's gone "live"!

What that means is that if you want to start collecting virtual cards, buying packs, trading, etc. then you can do so. The beta testers had played 40 some games so they had a leg up on the competition. Now it's back to square one for everyone. :)

Oh, and you will also need to re-set your avatar (unless you want to be a rat). Enjoy!

January 07, 2009, 02:46:51 PM
Reply #19

Kralik

Re: Introducing GCCG (SdA Support! 01/07/09)
« Reply #19 on: January 07, 2009, 02:46:51 PM »
Awesome news! wlk just coded a SdA deck importer, along with making some other improvements. If you downloaded GCCG before the time of this post, you should download it again. Just extract the new zip to your original program folder. Put SdA .xml decks in your gccg\decks\lotr folder and they should open just fine! I have tested it with a few decks with no problems.

Also, numbers are starting to pick up. As I post there are six players on, earlier there were seven. Come on in if you want to play, watch, or chat! ;D

January 07, 2009, 04:11:22 PM
Reply #20

TheJord

• League Director
  • Information Offline
  • King
  • High King of Rules
    • GamesCobra
« Reply #20 on: January 07, 2009, 04:11:22 PM »
Once my exams are over I plan to get right into this!
"The rule of Gondor is mine!"

January 08, 2009, 05:14:36 PM
Reply #21

Not a Zombie

• Information Offline
  • Ranger
  • An intelligent Corporeal, Previously sweet_stuff
« Reply #21 on: January 08, 2009, 05:14:36 PM »
I'm in.
No one loves you like I do.
--God

I'm imploring people I've never met to pressure a government with better things to do to punish a man who meant no harm for something nobody even saw, thats what I'm doing!

January 08, 2009, 06:08:34 PM
Reply #22

Pepin The Breve

• Well-spoken Gentlehobbit
  • Information Offline
  • Marksman
« Reply #22 on: January 08, 2009, 06:08:34 PM »
I´m trying to log on but just appears the message: "Server Close connection...ABNORMAL EXIT"

How can i fix this?

January 08, 2009, 07:00:39 PM
Reply #23

Kralik

« Reply #23 on: January 08, 2009, 07:00:39 PM »
I´m trying to log on but just appears the message: "Server Close connection...ABNORMAL EXIT"

How can i fix this?

That is very odd. Do you have a firewall that may be getting in the way somehow?

January 09, 2009, 04:15:39 AM
Reply #24

Pepin The Breve

• Information Offline
  • Marksman
« Reply #24 on: January 09, 2009, 04:15:39 AM »
  I just read the whole thing and it says that already have someone with this name registered (i thinks i hhave registered twice) and that my password is incorrect (even that i don´t type any). I was sucessful at my first attempt of joining but after i type my nick again it stops at this message...

Since i´m no ace in dealing with computers i would apreciate if someone could help me to fix that problem.

Thanks!

January 09, 2009, 04:55:03 AM
Reply #25

wlk

• Information Offline
  • Uruk-hai
« Reply #25 on: January 09, 2009, 04:55:03 AM »
  I just read the whole thing and it says that already have someone with this name registered (i thinks i hhave registered twice) and that my password is incorrect (even that i don´t type any). I was sucessful at my first attempt of joining but after i type my nick again it stops at this message...

Since i´m no ace in dealing with computers i would apreciate if someone could help me to fix that problem.

Thanks!

Seems you tried to register again with the same account after having removed your .gccg folder (thus loosing the password).

I have deleted your account (since you haven't played anything yet), this should let you login again.

January 09, 2009, 05:03:39 AM
Reply #26

Pepin The Breve

• Information Offline
  • Marksman
« Reply #26 on: January 09, 2009, 05:03:39 AM »

Thanks!

Seems you tried to register again with the same account after having removed your .gccg folder (thus loosing the password).

I have deleted your account (since you haven't played anything yet), this should let you login again.

Many thanks! Have a  :gp:

January 10, 2009, 10:41:57 AM
Reply #27

Mc Tono

• Information Offline
  • Scout
« Reply #27 on: January 10, 2009, 10:41:57 AM »
tried to make a username
typed:
/newuser <Mc Tono>

gave me a bunch of .... about my name not being a 2...10 alphanumeric thing
what should I do?

January 10, 2009, 10:56:22 AM
Reply #28

Kralik

« Reply #28 on: January 10, 2009, 10:56:22 AM »
Don't use the <'s and >'s.

Use: /newuser McTono

January 11, 2009, 11:38:24 AM
Reply #29

Mc Tono

• Information Offline
  • Scout
« Reply #29 on: January 11, 2009, 11:38:24 AM »
I`m in. I hope to get the hang of it soon, maybe introduce Gil Estel and Mad Goblin if sda decks are a possibility to be uploaded in the game...

next step: building my own deck....

January 11, 2009, 01:54:42 PM
Reply #30

Kralik

« Reply #30 on: January 11, 2009, 01:54:42 PM »
SdA decks work without any modifications, so you continue to use SdA to build decks if you wish. Simply save them in your GCCG\Decks\LotR folder and use "Import Deck" (CTRL-I or right-click menu). Personally I use Zorbec's for my decks.

As for getting the hang of the interface: the best thing to do would be to hang out in the lobby until you find someone who will show you the ropes. Right now there are four others on besides myself..... player activity varies due to timezones, work schedules, etc.

January 11, 2009, 05:05:05 PM
Reply #31

Pepin The Breve

• Information Offline
  • Marksman
« Reply #31 on: January 11, 2009, 05:05:05 PM »
     I just played one game at gccg and like it very much! I´m a little slow to start getting the commands but seems very easy to handle. Thanks for Manuel to help me to get used to it in a nice movie block game! I think people should try it  :up:

By the way, how do i buy booster/starters/cards/etc.?

January 11, 2009, 05:44:20 PM
Reply #32

Kralik

« Reply #32 on: January 11, 2009, 05:44:20 PM »
By the way, how do i buy booster/starters/cards/etc.?

Right-click menu and Show/Hide Products or CTRL-P.
Note: Buying packs is just for fun -- not needed to play. :)

January 12, 2009, 05:56:23 AM
Reply #33

Pepin The Breve

• Information Offline
  • Marksman
« Reply #33 on: January 12, 2009, 05:56:23 AM »
  Thanks Kralik!  :gp:

I´m just wondering... all the booster packs have the same price (except for reflections). Shouldn´t add a little more "dinamics and realism" if the booster prices were different (maybe based on the real difference). For example SoG and hunter booster could be a little more expensive than, say MoM or BoHD. That´s just a sugestion, i know that the collectin stuff it´s just for fun but i think that would add a little spice at the thing.

Other doubt, i have brought some reflection boosters and in all of them i got just 2 reflection rares each. There is no possibility (like in the real Reflection boosters) that i get some extra random rare from sets 1-6? and which are the chances of get a R+ card? In the real life, the few time i brought this booster i have real luck and at least half of them i draw a R+ and in almost all of them i pulled at least 3 rares (4 in some).

Well, that´s not complaing or whining just curiosity, i have to thank the people who put gccg working (and keep it this way) and the people that helped my out in my first steps there.  :up:

January 12, 2009, 08:47:46 AM
Reply #34

Kralik

« Reply #34 on: January 12, 2009, 08:47:46 AM »
Sure, why don't you PM wlk and send your feedback? I think he looks at this thread as well. I believe that I have received a random rare in Reflections before. As for the booster prices, he said he got them from the MSRP. Seemed odd to me, because back when I was buying cards (pre-Shadows), boosters were about $2.50 at my local card shops.

January 12, 2009, 12:03:50 PM
Reply #35

wlk

• Information Offline
  • Uruk-hai
« Reply #35 on: January 12, 2009, 12:03:50 PM »
Other doubt, i have brought some reflection boosters and in all of them i got just 2 reflection rares each. There is no possibility (like in the real Reflection boosters) that i get some extra random rare from sets 1-6? and which are the chances of get a R+ card? In the real life, the few time i brought this booster i have real luck and at least half of them i draw a R+ and in almost all of them i pulled at least 3 rares (4 in some).

For Refl. content, I used the official distribution for R+ (1R replaced by R+ every 5 packs on 12).
BUT, I have no statistics about the other cards (from previous sets), so I used a fixed number of C and U from random previous sets).

IF anyone has information about the real content of a refl booster, please let me know.

NOW, I'm experimenting the following changes (not committed on the server yet):
- 1R (refl)
- 1R+ or R(refl)  (5/12)
- 0 to 2 R from previous sets
- 3 to 7 U from previous sets
- remaining are C from previous sets

If you think there should be more R from sets 1-6, tell me but then I'd have to increase the prices...
I don't want you all to buy Refl only :)
« Last Edit: January 12, 2009, 03:27:52 PM by wlk »

January 12, 2009, 12:18:08 PM
Reply #36

Pepin The Breve

• Information Offline
  • Marksman
« Reply #36 on: January 12, 2009, 12:18:08 PM »
     Hey wlk, before anything let me salut you and the admin team for the good work:gp:

I´m almost sure that the random rares are only from sets 1-6. The best "real" reflection booster i have pulled had 1 R+, 1 R from reflections plus 2 random rares from sets 1-6. In other booster i have pulled one rare foil from EoF. of course that´s is not very usual but have happened to me once. The U/C content seem to vary greatly if i remember well...

Anyway it´s good to know what other players think about that...

By the way, don´t you have some mode you can create that allow players to use only the virtual cards they own? Of course people still could build their decks with all the cards without any problem (even in tournaments) but maybe this kind of stuff would give more color to gccg virtual card stuff. I really don´t know if that idea is applicable in fact, but anyway just my thoughts. As i say other people should be consulted.

Thanks for all until now.

January 12, 2009, 12:48:48 PM
Reply #37

Gil-Estel

• Information Offline
  • King
  • Abuser of the Force
« Reply #37 on: January 12, 2009, 12:48:48 PM »
From my experience it differed a lot how many extra rares were added in a Reflectionbooster. It varied from like no extra rare :S, to 5-6 extra rares....which was cool obviously. Once a friend of mine pulled a booster with only 2 non-foilcards..even better ofcourse!
..."Elves seldom give unguarded advice, for advice is a dangerous gift, even from the wise to the wise, and all courses may run ill"...

January 12, 2009, 12:56:48 PM
Reply #38

wlk

• Information Offline
  • Uruk-hai
« Reply #38 on: January 12, 2009, 12:56:48 PM »
   By the way, don´t you have some mode you can create that allow players to use only the virtual cards they own? Of course people still could build their decks with all the cards without any problem (even in tournaments) but maybe this kind of stuff would give more color to gccg virtual card stuff. I really don´t know if that idea is applicable in fact, but anyway just my thoughts. As i say other people should be consulted.

Actually, there is such a mode of play: when you start a game, the server tells what format the deck are valid for, and also write the number of proxies you have in the deck.
If you agreed to play without proxies with the opponent, you can check here.

January 12, 2009, 03:09:05 PM
Reply #39

TheJord

• League Director
  • Information Offline
  • King
  • High King of Rules
    • GamesCobra
« Reply #39 on: January 12, 2009, 03:09:05 PM »
Remember that Reflections boosters only contained cards from sets 1, 2, 4, 5 and 6.

January 12, 2009, 03:12:45 PM
Reply #40

Kralik

« Reply #40 on: January 12, 2009, 03:12:45 PM »
Here's some more discussion I found from a similar question I asked on CC some time ago about Reflections content.

January 12, 2009, 03:28:44 PM
Reply #41

wlk

• Information Offline
  • Uruk-hai
« Reply #41 on: January 12, 2009, 03:28:44 PM »
Remember that Reflections boosters only contained cards from sets 1, 2, 4, 5 and 6.

Yes, indeed 1-6. That's what I used... was a typo in my previous post...

January 12, 2009, 03:37:48 PM
Reply #42

TheJord

• League Director
  • Information Offline
  • King
  • High King of Rules
    • GamesCobra
« Reply #42 on: January 12, 2009, 03:37:48 PM »
1-6.... but not set 3.

January 12, 2009, 04:08:14 PM
Reply #43

wlk

• Information Offline
  • Uruk-hai
« Reply #43 on: January 12, 2009, 04:08:14 PM »
1-6.... but not set 3.

heh ?! why no RotEL ?

January 12, 2009, 04:18:52 PM
Reply #44

TheJord

• League Director
  • Information Offline
  • King
  • High King of Rules
    • GamesCobra
« Reply #44 on: January 12, 2009, 04:18:52 PM »
I dont know but it is not in Reflections boosters... I know it was a limited release

January 13, 2009, 04:07:13 AM
Reply #45

wlk

• Information Offline
  • Uruk-hai
« Reply #45 on: January 13, 2009, 04:07:13 AM »
Lotr is now fully integrated in standard GCCG installation and distribution system (with windows and linux clients).

2/ Follow the instructions (download http://gccg.sourceforge.net/gccg_install.zip, extract)
7/ When successfully connected, quit and use "Install LOTR Cards.bat" to also download the card images.

And that should be all.

Use "Update Everything.bat" (while client is not running) to check and install updated components.

For Linux installation, go to official site (http://gccg.sourceforge.net/) and follow the instructions.

PS: Kralik, can you update the first post of the topic with the information above please ?

January 14, 2009, 05:32:06 AM
Reply #46

Kralik

Re: GCCG (All decktypes support! 01/13/09)
« Reply #46 on: January 14, 2009, 05:32:06 AM »
If you are already using GCCG, it's worth it to update according to the instructions above as it will streamline future updates with the Update Everything batch file. This last update contains a deck converter for LackeyCCG decks, giving GCCG support for all major decktypes. There is also a host of other small improvements. If you haven't tried GCCG yet, check it out! Several games are being played every day.

Note: When you update like this, make sure to keep a backup of your old GCCG folder and copy your deck over. Most of your settings are stored in C:\.GCCG; those will not need to be moved.
« Last Edit: January 14, 2009, 05:38:13 AM by Kralik »

January 15, 2009, 01:07:38 PM
Reply #47

Celebrimbor

• Information Offline
  • Knight
Re: Introducing GCCG (Official release; all decktypes support! 01/13/09)
« Reply #47 on: January 15, 2009, 01:07:38 PM »
So...the "update everything" deletes everything, including decks in the gccg folder?  Or is this just prep for the even that something will go wrong?

Hey on a second note, is there a way to "transfer" the entire gccg program to another computer, so as to avoid re-downloading the whole lotr module, not to mention the decks?  Would this involve simply transferring the .gccg folder from C:\ to the other computer as well as the gccg folder from the desktop?

Awesome program.  I should try it.
« Last Edit: January 15, 2009, 01:19:29 PM by Celebrimbor »
Me: This isn't the quote you're looking for.
You: This isn't the quote we're looking for.
Me: I can go about my business.
You: You can go about your business.
Me: Move along.
You: Move along... move along.

January 15, 2009, 03:59:17 PM
Reply #48

Kralik

« Reply #48 on: January 15, 2009, 03:59:17 PM »
Saw you on GCCG for a moment earlier today, but you disappeared before we could chat or play a game.

Update Everything will not erase your decks or settings... it simply updates the program when new features and improvements are added. For example, I have been programming a bunch of things over the last couple of days to improve GCCG. Once they are added to the code, running Update Everything will automatically update and install them for you.

GCCG can be run portable if you create a folder named home within your GCCG folder. Then, all settings will be saved in home\.gccg. Since you have already created an username, if you wanted to do this (for example, to run it off a flash drive), copy your C:\.gccg folder to gccg\home.

Hope to see you on!

January 16, 2009, 10:06:19 AM
Reply #49

Gate Troll

• Information Offline
  • Ranger
« Reply #49 on: January 16, 2009, 10:06:19 AM »
I'll give it a spin... I must admit though, I'm kinda used to SdA.

:EDIT: How do you do your user name?
« Last Edit: January 16, 2009, 10:44:31 AM by Gate Troll »

January 16, 2009, 04:52:50 PM
Reply #50

Kralik

« Reply #50 on: January 16, 2009, 04:52:50 PM »
If you have the chance to actually play a game you'll find that the interface is very, very similar to SdA. You set your username when you first start the program and that keeps track of your wins, losses, virtual collection, etc. It is also used for chatting (obviously) and your avatar.

EDIT: When you first start, type:

/newuser GateTroll

Then restart the program by following the onscreen instructions.
« Last Edit: January 16, 2009, 04:57:33 PM by Kralik »

January 16, 2009, 09:41:16 PM
Reply #51

Celebrimbor

• Information Offline
  • Knight
« Reply #51 on: January 16, 2009, 09:41:16 PM »
Thanks for the help.
I'm getting a weird error in red text now, exactly: "server closed connection.  ABNORMAL EXIT!"  I'm guessing the server must be down.

To tell you the truth, I kinda miss SdA...I want to be able to start the program without relying on a remote server, I.E. for offline building of decks.  But, I've never actually played a game with GCCG, so...just my honest opinion.

January 16, 2009, 10:35:57 PM
Reply #52

Kralik

« Reply #52 on: January 16, 2009, 10:35:57 PM »
Is there any other text above that error? If you scroll up in the thread, someone else had a similar problem.

You can use SdA to make your decks if you want and play them in GCCG. It supports all major decktypes. I use Zorbec's myself. The main advantage of the central server is that you can pop into the chatroom, see who's around, see who's up for a game, etc.

January 17, 2009, 02:37:28 AM
Reply #53

wlk

• Information Offline
  • Uruk-hai
« Reply #53 on: January 17, 2009, 02:37:28 AM »

New update published (1.0.1):
- Starting company is now "hidden" from your opponent (he won't see how many characters are available in your deck)
- Ability to pick up cards from the bottom of the draw deck.
- Reconcile hand menu item
- Discard to owner pile
- Counting events in discard
and other minor gameplay enhancements...

Some extra credits goes to Kralik for his research and tests (and active lobbying ;)) on those changes.

Update using "Update everything.bat"

January 17, 2009, 07:50:58 AM
Reply #54

Kralik

« Reply #54 on: January 17, 2009, 07:50:58 AM »
- Starting company is now "hidden" from your opponent (he won't see how many characters are available in your deck)

Thanks wlk! It's true I was being a little pushy. :P
If you haven't tried GCCG, this is a nice feature that pulls the ring, bearer, and all companions out of your draw deck at the beginning of the game so you can simply click on the ones you want to play.

EDIT: Don't forget to mention the avatars now go ON the Adventure Path, and better attachment handling. :)
« Last Edit: January 17, 2009, 08:07:56 AM by Kralik »

January 17, 2009, 09:37:10 AM
Reply #55

Celebrimbor

• Information Offline
  • Knight
« Reply #55 on: January 17, 2009, 09:37:10 AM »
Is there any other text above that error? If you scroll up in the thread, someone else had a similar problem.

You can use SdA to make your decks if you want and play them in GCCG. It supports all major decktypes. I use Zorbec's myself. The main advantage of the central server is that you can pop into the chatroom, see who's around, see who's up for a game, etc.

Actually, now I get a "possibly someone else has the same username" error.  Now I just deleted everything, and am in the process of reinstalling it.  If it still doesn't work, is there a way to delete my username (or account, whatever) and start over?  I want my username CBB back.

January 17, 2009, 09:46:42 AM
Reply #56

Kralik

« Reply #56 on: January 17, 2009, 09:46:42 AM »
Actually, now I get a "possibly someone else has the same username" error.  Now I just deleted everything, and am in the process of reinstalling it.  If it still doesn't work, is there a way to delete my username (or account, whatever) and start over?  I want my username CBB back.

It's probably because you deleted your settings. As said before, someone else did the exact same thing. :P You could probably still create a new user like:

/newuser CBB

But I'll go ahead and email wlk to see if he can delete your account server-side. That way you could use your old name (note that it's limited to 10 characters, so it was "Celebrimbo" when I saw you on before).

BTW, I just checked and GCCG does let you make decks and view your collection offline.

January 17, 2009, 10:16:37 AM
Reply #57

Celebrimbor

• Information Offline
  • Knight
« Reply #57 on: January 17, 2009, 10:16:37 AM »
OK thanks.  Maybe I'll PM WLK and request the extra function of being able to terminate one's own account.  That route might help things in the future.

January 17, 2009, 10:26:48 AM
Reply #58

Kralik

« Reply #58 on: January 17, 2009, 10:26:48 AM »
Actually, it has to do with this:

When you create a new account, it automatically makes a password for you to communicate with the server. If you delete your .gccg folder, that password is lost. The only way for it to be reset is via your email (if you registered your email as asked when you log in). So, without the password (which apparently was deleted), you cannot reset your account, since you cannot prove that you are you.

Clear as mud? ;)

Fortunately, since you have not yet played any games, wlk can just delete your account.

January 17, 2009, 11:39:44 AM
Reply #59

wlk

• Information Offline
  • Uruk-hai
Re: Introducing GCCG (1.0.1 release; 01/17/09)
« Reply #59 on: January 17, 2009, 11:39:44 AM »
Fortunately, since you have not yet played any games, wlk can just delete your account.

Done.
Try to log on again.

January 17, 2009, 01:04:25 PM
Reply #60

Celebrimbor

• Information Offline
  • Knight
« Reply #60 on: January 17, 2009, 01:04:25 PM »
Actually, I'm happy with "kingsman" for now (related to my email address).

anyway, I think I've discovered a bug.  I created a deck with SDA, and imported, and get this error for a specific site:
"Import failed: (format SdA) Invalid card <ID>13155</ID>."

apparently, card # 13155 is not recognised.

January 17, 2009, 01:29:56 PM
Reply #61

Kralik

« Reply #61 on: January 17, 2009, 01:29:56 PM »
I think it's a bug with SdA. I remember from looking at the data files some time ago that there are some typos... the SdA file should be saving it as <ID>13R155</ID>. You can simply add that particular card manually.

January 17, 2009, 06:43:43 PM
Reply #62

Celebrimbor

• Information Offline
  • Knight
« Reply #62 on: January 17, 2009, 06:43:43 PM »
OK I am happy to announce successfully logging in with the username "CBB".

Thanks WLK and Kralik

BTW what's wlk short for?

January 17, 2009, 07:18:21 PM
Reply #63

Kralik

« Reply #63 on: January 17, 2009, 07:18:21 PM »
Going by CBB vs. Kingsman now?

January 18, 2009, 08:04:10 PM
Reply #64

Cw0rk

• Information Offline
  • Knight
« Reply #64 on: January 18, 2009, 08:04:10 PM »
Just a suggestion for your next update... You should add a little sound when someone joins the table because when there's nobody, I minimize the window and do other stuff... then when I come back to see if there's someone, I see that someone joined the table and leaved... so I can't play with him.

January 19, 2009, 06:08:56 PM
Reply #65

Kralik

« Reply #65 on: January 19, 2009, 06:08:56 PM »
Just a suggestion for your next update... You should add a little sound when someone joins the table because when there's nobody, I minimize the window and do other stuff... then when I come back to see if there's someone, I see that someone joined the table and leaved... so I can't play with him.

You might PM wlk on this and/or talk to him or wigy. I think this would require a core change to the base program (GCCG) and not just the LotR module. Here's what I do:

While on my computer, if no one is around yet and I want to play a game, I leave GCCG running with my status as active and check back every 5-10 minutes.

While doing other things, if no one is around yet and I want to play a game, I leave GCCG running with my status as "away" and check back every 30-60 minutes for activity.

If I pop in and see someone on, I'll ask for a game. In case they are multitasking, I would give it 5-10 minutes for a response before leaving. Or, if I really want to play, I'll leave GCCG open and start multitasking myself. :)

On times when I've been on GCCG but browsing online, I've seen logs like this:

16:02 c10ckw0rk arrives.
16:02 c10ckw0rk: neone wanna play?
16:03 c10ckw0rk: kralik?
16:04 c10ckw0rk leaves.

Might want to give it some more time. :P

January 20, 2009, 07:28:46 AM
Reply #66

Manuel

• Information Offline
  • Uruk-hai
« Reply #66 on: January 20, 2009, 07:28:46 AM »
This however, won't be a problem as soon as players start to try GCCG. In the Middle Earth CCG client, which has been running for several years now, you can always find players, thus being quite easy to find a game. And Middle Earth stopped being printed in 1999... ;)

January 20, 2009, 08:35:51 AM
Reply #67

TheJord

• League Director
  • Information Offline
  • King
  • High King of Rules
    • GamesCobra
« Reply #67 on: January 20, 2009, 08:35:51 AM »
The screen is too large for my laptop... is there anyway it can be adjusted?

January 20, 2009, 07:47:01 PM
Reply #68

Kralik

« Reply #68 on: January 20, 2009, 07:47:01 PM »
See the FAQ.

Basically, you add something like --geometry 800x600 to your LotR.bat file right before --user.

January 21, 2009, 11:55:45 AM
Reply #69

wlk

• Information Offline
  • Uruk-hai
« Reply #69 on: January 21, 2009, 11:55:45 AM »

Right, I came to the same requirement, and did some initial work on such a thing, but there is a big issue with the audio driver that won't play the sound when the main game window is not in focus, so that makes the notification quite useless  #-o

I think it could be interesting to couple this with a visual notification, like a blink or such a thing, but I haven't really worked on it now.

I'll add this to the features to research.

January 22, 2009, 01:42:03 PM
Reply #70

Kralik

« Reply #70 on: January 22, 2009, 01:42:03 PM »
New LotR release today, adds nicer menus and better handling of tokens. Culture tokens are blue by default and the shortcut for burdens works whether you have the mouse over the RB or not. Update with "Update Everything" and enjoy! :)

January 25, 2009, 08:17:58 AM
Reply #71

TheJord

• League Director
  • Information Offline
  • King
  • High King of Rules
    • GamesCobra
Re: Introducing GCCG (1.0.2 release; 01/22/09)
« Reply #71 on: January 25, 2009, 08:17:58 AM »
I am now pretty much up and running. I also have new computer so I need to send some decks over, but once that is sorted I will be ready to go.

January 25, 2009, 08:44:49 AM
Reply #72

TheJord

• League Director
  • Information Offline
  • King
  • High King of Rules
    • GamesCobra
« Reply #72 on: January 25, 2009, 08:44:49 AM »
Oh dear having a new computer doesnt help... I can no longer log in as TheJord

January 25, 2009, 09:51:56 AM
Reply #73

wlk

• Information Offline
  • Uruk-hai
« Reply #73 on: January 25, 2009, 09:51:56 AM »
Oh dear having a new computer doesnt help... I can no longer log in as TheJord

You need to copy your settings (from .gccg) if you install the game elsewhere and want to use the same account (see explanation couple of post above).
I have removed your former accounts, so you should be able to connect now.

February 04, 2009, 01:18:04 PM
Reply #74

Gate Troll

• Information Offline
  • Ranger
« Reply #74 on: February 04, 2009, 01:18:04 PM »
The screen is too large for my laptop... is there anyway it can be adjusted?

I just changed the screen size to 1500 x1400. Oh and btw, on my laptop account I'm GT.
On my desktop I'm Gate Troll. :) :up:

February 05, 2009, 03:34:09 AM
Reply #75

Ringbearer

• Information Offline
  • Marksman
« Reply #75 on: February 05, 2009, 03:34:09 AM »
You can keep one account by copying the .gccg to both comps.

February 05, 2009, 05:12:15 AM
Reply #76

Kralik

« Reply #76 on: February 05, 2009, 05:12:15 AM »
You can keep one account by copying the .gccg to both comps.

Though I believe you'd have to manually sync decks? I suppose that would be an issue anyway when dealing with two computers... in any case, the same login would be nice. :)

February 05, 2009, 06:52:38 AM
Reply #77

Malachi

• Information Offline
  • Villager
« Reply #77 on: February 05, 2009, 06:52:38 AM »
Yeah, what if I happen to lose all info on my hard drive, does that mean my account would be unacessible?

February 05, 2009, 07:11:33 AM
Reply #78

Kralik

« Reply #78 on: February 05, 2009, 07:11:33 AM »
You should set your email address (the server will prompt you to if you haven't) -- then if you lose your .gccg folder you could be emailed a replacement. Or, I'd expect that since wlk is on this forum you'd be able to PM him and ask for help. I'm sure someone could vouch that you are really you. ;)

February 12, 2009, 06:45:04 AM
Reply #79

Pepin The Breve

• Information Offline
  • Marksman
« Reply #79 on: February 12, 2009, 06:45:04 AM »
  I'm having a problem that maybe you people can help me out. When i log in GCCG my status i away. Then i type /away to get online again and nothing happens  #-o. I type anything and nothing happens  ](*,)

Maybe someone can help me out to solve this?

February 12, 2009, 08:39:57 AM
Reply #80

Kralik

« Reply #80 on: February 12, 2009, 08:39:57 AM »
  I'm having a problem that maybe you people can help me out. When i log in GCCG my status i away. Then i type /away to get online again and nothing happens  #-o. I type anything and nothing happens  ](*,)

Maybe someone can help me out to solve this?

What happens if you click on a table?

February 12, 2009, 08:54:53 AM
Reply #81

Pepin The Breve

• Information Offline
  • Marksman
« Reply #81 on: February 12, 2009, 08:54:53 AM »
  Nothing  :'(

February 12, 2009, 09:16:15 AM
Reply #82

Kralik

« Reply #82 on: February 12, 2009, 09:16:15 AM »
Fixed! For future reference: neither of us have any idea on why it did this, but we got it fixed by having Pepin delete C:\.gccg\away and restart.

February 18, 2009, 07:28:46 AM
Reply #83

daisukeman

• Information Offline
  • Troll
  • Evil Bilbo is always appropiate for this forum
« Reply #83 on: February 18, 2009, 07:28:46 AM »
how can I configure the appl window size?.. It won't let me resize. In my laptop it's too big and I can't see the chat input console below..
My opinions may have changed, but not the fact that i'm right...

February 18, 2009, 07:29:56 AM
Reply #84

Malachi

• Information Offline
  • Villager
« Reply #84 on: February 18, 2009, 07:29:56 AM »
Try launching Lotr-fullscreen.bat in the gccg folder.

February 18, 2009, 07:31:40 AM
Reply #85

daisukeman

• Information Offline
  • Troll
« Reply #85 on: February 18, 2009, 07:31:40 AM »
How do I uninstall? Do I Just erase the folders?
(to install again, don't get me wrong!) :uh-huh:

EDIT: There's no lotr-fullscreen.bat in there.
« Last Edit: February 18, 2009, 07:37:09 AM by daisukeman »

February 18, 2009, 07:54:12 AM
Reply #86

daisukeman

• Information Offline
  • Troll
« Reply #86 on: February 18, 2009, 07:54:12 AM »
OK, sorry ignore my questions.
I overcomed the laziness of reading FAQ, instructions and prior posts.
Nice appl!!
 :up: :up: :up:

February 18, 2009, 12:40:03 PM
Reply #87

Kralik

« Reply #87 on: February 18, 2009, 12:40:03 PM »
OK, sorry ignore my questions.
I overcomed the laziness of reading FAQ, instructions and prior posts.
Nice appl!!

If you need help resizing the window, let me know. Basically you have to start it at a certain size. On my tiny Eee, I run it as 840x600, but fullscreen is nice as well. ;)

I've noticed that some people skip the "Install LotR" step which would make you start with an older version of the LotR scripts and no fullscreen option. Don't forget!

February 19, 2009, 06:44:52 PM
Reply #88

Cw0rk

• Information Offline
  • Knight
« Reply #88 on: February 19, 2009, 06:44:52 PM »
I think wigy should log off more often.

February 19, 2009, 07:22:47 PM
Reply #89

Kralik

« Reply #89 on: February 19, 2009, 07:22:47 PM »
I think wigy should log off more often.

February 20, 2009, 02:29:19 AM
Reply #90

Ringbearer

• Information Offline
  • Marksman
« Reply #90 on: February 20, 2009, 02:29:19 AM »
wigy is the GRANDMASTER of GCCG, the one starting it up in the first place. So some respect! ;)

February 20, 2009, 06:23:10 AM
Reply #91

Kralik

« Reply #91 on: February 20, 2009, 06:23:10 AM »
Log in and... oh. False alarm, it's only the all-powerful, immortal and endlessly dozing wigy.

February 22, 2009, 07:31:49 PM
Reply #92

FM

• Future Judge
  • Information Offline
  • Wizard
« Reply #92 on: February 22, 2009, 07:31:49 PM »
Ok, I'm interested in using GCCG, specially for playing Magic WHILE allowing spectators. How is the MtG interface working? Anyone tested it yet? Also, how often are the cardlists updated?

February 23, 2009, 03:52:43 AM
Reply #93

wlk

• Information Offline
  • Uruk-hai
« Reply #93 on: February 23, 2009, 03:52:43 AM »
Ok, I'm interested in using GCCG, specially for playing Magic WHILE allowing spectators. How is the MtG interface working? Anyone tested it yet? Also, how often are the cardlists updated?

The MtG client is using the same interface.
I'm not tracking MtG changes so I can't tell if it is up to date, but I know a lot of cards have been updated recently.

You can just install the MTG module with images and check it right now.

February 23, 2009, 06:26:34 AM
Reply #94

FM

• Future Judge
  • Information Offline
  • Wizard
« Reply #94 on: February 23, 2009, 06:26:34 AM »
I'm having a couple of problems. Mainly, the cards are too small and I can't actually read them, which is quite annoying, is there a way around this? Second, do I HAVE to import a deck from a collection manager? Can't I build a deck WITHIN the program?

February 23, 2009, 07:23:32 AM
Reply #95

FM

• Future Judge
  • Information Offline
  • Wizard
« Reply #95 on: February 23, 2009, 07:23:32 AM »
Ok, figured Deckbuilding out. I think, however, that GCCG should have not only players selling cards, but an "Official Online Store". The store would buy up any cards players were willing to sell, although at a lower price, and offer them back. This way, if I need to make money to buy something, I could sell a card that no one wants for now, it'd STILL be available for purchase later (even by myself, for instance), and you'd add in yet another way to make some money. Don't know if this is at all possible, of course, but just an idea I think is nice. Also, if it IS possible, the "Store" could check peoples Want lists, and adjust prices accordingly, so if EVERYONE wants GATS, and the store have it, the price would go up. So on, so forth. That'd create a "pseudo-market" if TLHH starts running tournaments, so if suddenly Fellowship Block Pauper tournament is up (no rares), then the price of certain cards would go up. If we're playing only Movie Block, post-shadows prices would go down. So on, so forth.

February 23, 2009, 10:18:37 AM
Reply #96

wlk

• Information Offline
  • Uruk-hai
« Reply #96 on: February 23, 2009, 10:18:37 AM »
I think, however, that GCCG should have not only players selling cards, but an "Official Online Store". The store would buy up any cards players were willing to sell, although at a lower price, and offer them back. This way, if I need to make money to buy something, I could sell a card that no one wants for now, it'd STILL be available for purchase later (even by myself, for instance), and you'd add in yet another way to make some money. Don't know if this is at all possible, of course, but just an idea I think is nice. Also, if it IS possible, the "Store" could check peoples Want lists, and adjust prices accordingly, so if EVERYONE wants GATS, and the store have it, the price would go up. So on, so forth. That'd create a "pseudo-market" if TLHH starts running tournaments, so if suddenly Fellowship Block Pauper tournament is up (no rares), then the price of certain cards would go up. If we're playing only Movie Block, post-shadows prices would go down. So on, so forth.

Well, there is such an online shop. The products are now unlimited, but could be limited and price increased when restocked. Also single cards can be made available for sale.

But selling your own cards to the "online shop" is not possible for now :)

February 23, 2009, 03:50:30 PM
Reply #97

Kralik

« Reply #97 on: February 23, 2009, 03:50:30 PM »
I'm having a couple of problems. Mainly, the cards are too small and I can't actually read them, which is quite annoying, is there a way around this

Yes, of course! Hold down SHIFT when hovering the mouse over a card to see it full size.

February 28, 2009, 06:08:35 PM
Reply #98

FM

• Future Judge
  • Information Offline
  • Wizard
« Reply #98 on: February 28, 2009, 06:08:35 PM »
Is there a way to change your screen name?

February 28, 2009, 11:23:17 PM
Reply #99

wlk

• Information Offline
  • Uruk-hai
« Reply #99 on: February 28, 2009, 11:23:17 PM »
Is there a way to change your screen name?

Nop.
I fear you would have to create a new user, then you loose your collection, cash and games history.

March 02, 2009, 06:02:35 PM
Reply #100

FM

• Future Judge
  • Information Offline
  • Wizard
« Reply #100 on: March 02, 2009, 06:02:35 PM »
How can I prioce my cards lower than the outrageous price I see stuff going for? When I put something for sale, it promptly puts it slightly above the price set by other users!

March 02, 2009, 07:50:16 PM
Reply #101

Pepin The Breve

• Information Offline
  • Marksman
« Reply #101 on: March 02, 2009, 07:50:16 PM »
How can I prioce my cards lower than the outrageous price I see stuff going for? When I put something for sale, it promptly puts it slightly above the price set by other users!

Put the mouse cursor over the card you want to change the price, type the prize and then enter and voilà!

March 02, 2009, 07:53:22 PM
Reply #102

MR. Lurtzy

• Information Offline
  • King
    • My website
« Reply #102 on: March 02, 2009, 07:53:22 PM »
A useful feature may be to have the ability to close spectators in your game. Is there any way that that could be updated in?

March 05, 2009, 11:09:22 AM
Reply #103

macheteman

• Information Offline
  • Knight
« Reply #103 on: March 05, 2009, 11:09:22 AM »
ok, how do i create a new account?

EDIT: nevermind, i talked to some people in the know, and they set me up...
« Last Edit: March 05, 2009, 11:49:15 AM by macheteman »

March 15, 2009, 01:03:27 PM
Reply #104

TheJord

• League Director
  • Information Offline
  • King
  • High King of Rules
    • GamesCobra
« Reply #104 on: March 15, 2009, 01:03:27 PM »
How do I create a deck without a middle click option?

March 15, 2009, 04:04:45 PM
Reply #105

Ringbearer

• Information Offline
  • Marksman
« Reply #105 on: March 15, 2009, 04:04:45 PM »
/newdeck "name"

example:
/newdeck open horn with mordor fiend

March 15, 2009, 05:10:50 PM
Reply #106

Manuel

• Information Offline
  • Uruk-hai
« Reply #106 on: March 15, 2009, 05:10:50 PM »
ssshh, you're spreading the evil... ;-)

March 16, 2009, 02:37:04 AM
Reply #107

TheJord

• League Director
  • Information Offline
  • King
  • High King of Rules
    • GamesCobra
« Reply #107 on: March 16, 2009, 02:37:04 AM »
I can do that... how do I add cards?

March 16, 2009, 03:30:19 AM
Reply #108

Malachi

• Information Offline
  • Villager
« Reply #108 on: March 16, 2009, 03:30:19 AM »
You need to open the collection manager with ctrl+B and then middle-click to add cards to the deck.

But it is really easier to upload an existing Sda deck and then edit it a bit manually :P

March 16, 2009, 03:41:32 AM
Reply #109

TheJord

• League Director
  • Information Offline
  • King
  • High King of Rules
    • GamesCobra
« Reply #109 on: March 16, 2009, 03:41:32 AM »
Didnt I mention I dont have a middle click

March 16, 2009, 04:22:24 AM
Reply #110

Malachi

• Information Offline
  • Villager
« Reply #110 on: March 16, 2009, 04:22:24 AM »
Errm, right click and 'Add one to deck' then. But I don't use that myself, I just type the decks in plain .txt

March 19, 2009, 07:25:45 AM
Reply #111

Pepin The Breve

• Information Offline
  • Marksman
« Reply #111 on: March 19, 2009, 07:25:45 AM »
  I have a friend that is trying to join gccg but he says that when he creates an account he got a message to restart it and when he enters again the program ask him to type a new account and so on in some kind of loop.

Any clues on what he may do to solve this?

March 19, 2009, 12:12:58 PM
Reply #112

Malachi

• Information Offline
  • Villager
« Reply #112 on: March 19, 2009, 12:12:58 PM »
I had the same problem when I tried to login into metw plugin. I stopped trying after 2 or 3 itterations.

March 21, 2009, 09:32:36 AM
Reply #113

Braler

• Information Offline
  • Scout
« Reply #113 on: March 21, 2009, 09:32:36 AM »
Hey guys, I was interested in trying this gccg out, ive never played LOTR TCG online before though.  I have encountered a proplem.  When i Downloaded it and installed it everything seemed fine.  But when i went to play it, there seems to be no way to size the game window and it is much too large to see on my screen, anybody have any idea how i could resize the game window?

March 21, 2009, 03:56:42 PM
Reply #114

macheteman

• Information Offline
  • Knight
« Reply #114 on: March 21, 2009, 03:56:42 PM »
change the resolution on your monitor.

right click
select: graphics options/ graphics properties
change the resolution

:up:

March 22, 2009, 06:31:40 AM
Reply #115

Braler

• Information Offline
  • Scout
« Reply #115 on: March 22, 2009, 06:31:40 AM »
thanks, i got it working now ;D

March 22, 2009, 06:44:45 AM
Reply #116

Gillian

• Information Offline
  • Troll
« Reply #116 on: March 22, 2009, 06:44:45 AM »
I have problem with cigwyn bash shell.
When I writte:
wget http://gccg.sourceforge.net/modules/gccg-core-0.9.3.tgz

it saiz:
bash: wget command not found

please help

March 24, 2009, 11:59:08 AM
Reply #117

wlk

• Information Offline
  • Uruk-hai
« Reply #117 on: March 24, 2009, 11:59:08 AM »
I have problem with cigwyn bash shell.
When I writte:
wget http://gccg.sourceforge.net/modules/gccg-core-0.9.3.tgz

it saiz:
bash: wget command not found

please help

Don't use cygwin for this, use a plain DOS command.

March 25, 2009, 03:13:59 PM
Reply #118

Aragorn_Ellessar

• Information Offline
  • Villager
« Reply #118 on: March 25, 2009, 03:13:59 PM »
I downloaded GCCG and then extracted it. Then I tried to download the wgets:LotR cards, LotR, and MetW LotR (I think those are the right names) and none of them actually downloaded.
One Ring to rule them all.
One Ring to find them.
One Ring to bring them all,
And in the darkness, bind them.

March 28, 2009, 05:29:10 PM
Reply #119

Aragorn_Ellessar

• Information Offline
  • Villager
« Reply #119 on: March 28, 2009, 05:29:10 PM »
I have now figured it out. Now worries :)
One Ring to rule them all.
One Ring to find them.
One Ring to bring them all,
And in the darkness, bind them.

March 31, 2009, 08:23:20 AM
Reply #120

Braler

• Information Offline
  • Scout
« Reply #120 on: March 31, 2009, 08:23:20 AM »
ok i have another problem, how do you actually switch users?  i have this installed on another computer but i dont know how to log out of one account to log in to mine.  i saw the command /su for switching users but when i do it the response comes back saying i dont have a password, i have the password but i dont know how to type it in... does someone know the format for putting in the password?

March 31, 2009, 11:34:56 AM
Reply #121

Malachi

• Information Offline
  • Villager
« Reply #121 on: March 31, 2009, 11:34:56 AM »
Your account is stored in gccg folder on drive C by default, or in the forlder gccg/home if you have created such. If you need to delete the old account, just delete that folder. To use one account on different computers, copy the folder to where the old one was. If you want to keep both account, rename the folder to something like Home1 to be able to switch back when needed.

March 31, 2009, 12:44:44 PM
Reply #122

Braler

• Information Offline
  • Scout
« Reply #122 on: March 31, 2009, 12:44:44 PM »
where in the gccg folder would i find my account? what is the name on the file? so i can find it to delete it

March 31, 2009, 07:23:48 PM
Reply #123

Braler

• Information Offline
  • Scout
« Reply #123 on: March 31, 2009, 07:23:48 PM »
could anybody out there tell me how to access my account when i install gccg on a new computer? it prompts me to create a new user when i start up and i cannot use my old account info

April 01, 2009, 01:54:27 AM
Reply #124

Ringbearer

• Information Offline
  • Marksman
« Reply #124 on: April 01, 2009, 01:54:27 AM »
Copy the .gccg folder on the new comp.

April 01, 2009, 09:57:22 AM
Reply #125

Malachi

• Information Offline
  • Villager
« Reply #125 on: April 01, 2009, 09:57:22 AM »
A message to wigy or wlk:
A possibility for exploit is found within the gccg. When one player leaves the game due to a disconnection, the remaining one can declare any result he wants and it will be accepted. The game should be automatically declared undecided if a player leaves the game.

April 16, 2009, 11:52:31 AM
Reply #126

Kralik

« Reply #126 on: April 16, 2009, 11:52:31 AM »
Didnt I mention I dont have a middle click

You can actually make any key or key combination serve as a middle-click. See:

http://gccg.sourceforge.net/faq.php

Section 1.4.3.

April 22, 2009, 03:39:39 PM
Reply #127

Alkarin

• Information Offline
  • Orc
« Reply #127 on: April 22, 2009, 03:39:39 PM »
hi guys, someone can help me...
My pc was infected by a virus, and was formated. i lost all the data and the folder .Gccg...omg..
i dont backup the password and the folder and i cannot enter within my nick name Kain...
dont registered my e-mail either...

April 22, 2009, 03:44:38 PM
Reply #128

Kralik

« Reply #128 on: April 22, 2009, 03:44:38 PM »
My pc was infected by a virus, and was formated. i lost all the data and the folder .Gccg...omg..
i dont backup the password and the folder and i cannot enter within my nick name Kain...

You can't really recover your password without having registered your email. However...
Perhaps you could PM wlk and see if they have logs of your IP address on the server? I could verify that the IP address you are using to access the forums is the same as the IP you use for GCCG. If so, maybe that would be enough. :-k

April 25, 2009, 01:13:42 PM
Reply #129

wlk

• Information Offline
  • Uruk-hai
« Reply #129 on: April 25, 2009, 01:13:42 PM »

You can't really recover your password without having registered your email. However...
Perhaps you could PM wlk and see if they have logs of your IP address on the server? I could verify that the IP address you are using to access the forums is the same as the IP you use for GCCG. If so, maybe that would be enough. :-k

Password reset and sent to Kralik, check with him for the way to retrieve it.

May 12, 2009, 11:38:36 AM
Reply #130

wlk

• Information Offline
  • Uruk-hai
« Reply #130 on: May 12, 2009, 11:38:36 AM »
Update 1.0.3 is available, run "Update Everything.bat".

- Some visual enhancements and menu changes submitted by Kralik
- Some cards rarity fixed (thanks to Malachi for pointing the problem)

« Last Edit: May 12, 2009, 11:40:55 AM by wlk »

May 12, 2009, 12:42:49 PM
Reply #131

Malachi

• Information Offline
  • Villager
Re: Introducing GCCG (1.0.3 release; 05/12/09)
« Reply #131 on: May 12, 2009, 12:42:49 PM »
Thanks for the update, wlk!

Btw, 15S188 - 15S191 are all incorrectly labeled as U instead of S.

May 12, 2009, 12:44:36 PM
Reply #132

wlk

• Information Offline
  • Uruk-hai
« Reply #132 on: May 12, 2009, 12:44:36 PM »
Thanks for the update, wlk!

Btw, 15S188 - 15S191 are all incorrectly labeled as U instead of S.

Grrr. Ok will have to fix in next update :)

May 17, 2009, 10:23:20 PM
Reply #133

SomeRandomDude

• Information Offline
  • Maia
  • Most Likely To Usurp Kralik and Dáin
    • My Wordpress
« Reply #133 on: May 17, 2009, 10:23:20 PM »
Okay, I just decided that I do not have the time to figured out a new system, and I also can't stand the UI. So...if anyone wants to play me, I got Hamachi and SdA and I'll be in TLHH chat if I can play.
NB- 4 year veteran of CC/TLHH

"It was like:
Kralik: "What hath God wrought"
NB: "I dunno, but I'm in ur house eating ur food.""
-Elessar's Socks

Trade List- ft. Aragorn, Defender of Rohan

May 18, 2009, 04:59:45 AM
Reply #134

Ringbearer

• Information Offline
  • Marksman
« Reply #134 on: May 18, 2009, 04:59:45 AM »
Can there be an option to count the number of Wraith posessions in the discard. (Ulaire Lemenya, Dark Enemy)

May 18, 2009, 09:18:05 AM
Reply #135

Kralik

« Reply #135 on: May 18, 2009, 09:18:05 AM »
Can there be an option to count the number of Wraith posessions in the discard. (Ulaire Lemenya, Dark Enemy)

Ah, I didn't think of that. Let me know if you think of any others and I'll ask wlk if he can add them. Now that the code is in it's literally one line.

May 19, 2009, 10:39:49 AM
Reply #136

wlk

• Information Offline
  • Uruk-hai
« Reply #136 on: May 19, 2009, 10:39:49 AM »

Ah, I didn't think of that. Let me know if you think of any others and I'll ask wlk if he can add them. Now that the code is in it's literally one line.

Now available in 1.0.4.

May 19, 2009, 11:50:14 AM
Reply #137

Kralik

« Reply #137 on: May 19, 2009, 11:50:14 AM »
Now available in 1.0.4.

¡Muchísimas gracias!

June 30, 2009, 01:24:48 PM
Reply #138

Goldberry

Re: Introducing GCCG (1.0.4 release; 05/19/09)
« Reply #138 on: June 30, 2009, 01:24:48 PM »
OK, I'm downloading all the files needed to play now. I sure hope I'll be able to find someone with patience and understanding that will be willing to play someone who, let's face it, won't be a challenge, since I won't know what I am doing for probably some time...and I have a slower computer than most (due to only having 256 megs of ram, but I do have high speed internet). I am a "babe in the woods", so to speak. A little lost Hobbit. A frightened ... oh, you get the picture.

August 03, 2009, 02:40:15 PM
Reply #139

RedGoldStag

• Information Offline
  • Goblin
« Reply #139 on: August 03, 2009, 02:40:15 PM »
Does anybody know of any deckbuilding programs for Macs that can export decklists compatible with GCCG? I use Zorbec's Decklist Builder on my PC, personally, but a friend of mine is just getting started and uses a Mac. I know that GCCG has a built-in deckbuilder, but it's a bit of a pain to use. Thanks in advance for any help!

August 05, 2009, 10:19:20 AM
Reply #140

Kenddrick

« Reply #140 on: August 05, 2009, 10:19:20 AM »
Ah. Macs and PC do refuse to get along sometimes. What I would advice is, use the GCCG built-in deckbuilder, as programs that can export LOTR: TCG decklists for Macs are rather hard to find. I do not know of any such programs, if they do exist somehow! :)

August 13, 2009, 03:43:03 PM
Reply #141

Alkarin

• Information Offline
  • Orc
« Reply #141 on: August 13, 2009, 03:43:03 PM »
hi.. i have problem to access the Gccg today... a error msg

" I/O exception at Localization::ReadDictionary(const string&): unable to open './lib/dictionary.client'."

Thanks  for any help!

August 14, 2009, 03:49:49 AM
Reply #142

Anautikus

• Information Offline
  • Ranger
  • Life isn't a dress rehearsal.
« Reply #142 on: August 14, 2009, 03:49:49 AM »
i just installed GCCG. why the freak can't I make a username? a stupid problem I know -.- but it says the username i made is invalid and it needs to be "2.. 10 letters alphanumeric characters." That's a bit confusing.. any help?
« Last Edit: August 14, 2009, 03:59:58 AM by Anautikus »
"Do yourself a favor; never try to send a grappling hook through the post office."

Trade List

August 14, 2009, 04:57:10 PM
Reply #143

Anautikus

• Information Offline
  • Ranger
  • Life isn't a dress rehearsal.
« Reply #143 on: August 14, 2009, 04:57:10 PM »
WOW thanks a crap load; things don't really make sense at 4am haha
"Do yourself a favor; never try to send a grappling hook through the post office."

Trade List

August 18, 2009, 07:41:26 AM
Reply #144

Kralik

« Reply #144 on: August 18, 2009, 07:41:26 AM »
Does anybody know of any deckbuilding programs for Macs that can export decklists compatible with GCCG? I use Zorbec's Decklist Builder on my PC, personally, but a friend of mine is just getting started and uses a Mac. I know that GCCG has a built-in deckbuilder, but it's a bit of a pain to use. Thanks in advance for any help!

You could use Lackey to make decks, as it runs natively on Mac and is supported in GCCG. Did you ever get GCCG working on the Mac, btw?

August 18, 2009, 07:42:07 AM
Reply #145

Kralik

« Reply #145 on: August 18, 2009, 07:42:07 AM »
hi.. i have problem to access the Gccg today... a error msg

" I/O exception at Localization::ReadDictionary(const string&): unable to open './lib/dictionary.client'."

Thanks  for any help!

Maybe try reinstalling GCCG in another directory and seeing if it works? Did you ever figure it out?

October 18, 2009, 08:46:28 AM
Reply #146

Malachi

• Information Offline
  • Villager
Re: GCCG (1.0.5 release; 07/10/09)
« Reply #146 on: October 18, 2009, 08:46:28 AM »
After the new update the Products window no longer overlays the chatting box in the lower right corner. A bit annoying.

Btw, wlk, the new skin is awesome!

October 18, 2009, 10:18:51 AM
Reply #147

Kralik

Re: GCCG (1.0.5 release; 07/10/09)
« Reply #147 on: October 18, 2009, 10:18:51 AM »
Btw, wlk, the new skin is awesome!

Fantastic! :up:

Hurry people and "Update Everything" :)

October 18, 2009, 02:15:29 PM
Reply #148

Kralik

Re: GCCG (1.1 release; 10/18/09)
« Reply #148 on: October 18, 2009, 02:15:29 PM »
I've added some updated screenshots to the second post of this thread so people can see the new skin. :)

October 18, 2009, 05:57:27 PM
Reply #149

Kenddrick

« Reply #149 on: October 18, 2009, 05:57:27 PM »
I LIKE IT! Wow this has got to be the best online game I've ever played! :D:D:D

November 04, 2009, 01:01:32 PM
Reply #150

legolas3333

• Information Offline
  • King
« Reply #150 on: November 04, 2009, 01:01:32 PM »
hey I'm on the official gccg screenshot for lotr!
http://gccg.sourceforge.net/graphics/screenshots//screenshot04.jpg
and while i'm saying this...
how do you mute the game sounds?
A Promo Saved is a Promo Earned

November 05, 2009, 02:30:18 PM
Reply #151

Kralik

« Reply #151 on: November 05, 2009, 02:30:18 PM »
Type:

/set nosound yes

November 24, 2009, 08:45:55 PM
Reply #152

ghhhk

• Information Offline
  • Uruk-hai
« Reply #152 on: November 24, 2009, 08:45:55 PM »
Is there a way to import decks from the old official Decipher online game?

November 24, 2009, 08:55:00 PM
Reply #153

ket_the_jet

• Information Offline
  • King
  • Administrator
  • He/Him/His
« Reply #153 on: November 24, 2009, 08:55:00 PM »
Not that I am aware of.
-wtk

December 11, 2009, 10:32:19 AM
Reply #154

Smeagollum

« Reply #154 on: December 11, 2009, 10:32:19 AM »
@Kralik

Have installed the program, but now i'm getting verry frustrated, because it seems that I can't succeed in creating a username?????

HELPPPPPPPPPPPPPP!!!!!

March 13, 2010, 12:00:29 PM
Reply #155

Shieldmaiden

• Information Offline
  • Bowman
« Reply #155 on: March 13, 2010, 12:00:29 PM »
Okay Kralik, you've got me.  It wouldn't accept Shieldmaiden (too long), so I am Shieldmaid.  If anyone sees me on and wants to play, please let me know.  But please be gentle because I don't know this program yet.  I've only played on SdA, so please be gentle with me!   ;)

Off to figure out how to build decks now...I might be back soon asking for help, lol. 

March 13, 2010, 12:05:21 PM
Reply #156

ket_the_jet

• Information Offline
  • King
  • Administrator
  • He/Him/His
« Reply #156 on: March 13, 2010, 12:05:21 PM »
Off to figure out how to build decks now...I might be back soon asking for help, lol. 

A lot of people use Zobrec's deck builder and imports those directly into GCCG.

I prefer to just build my decks in program.
-wtk

March 13, 2010, 05:20:22 PM
Reply #157

Kralik

« Reply #157 on: March 13, 2010, 05:20:22 PM »
SM,

You can use SdA to build decks. I prefer Zorbec's, but many of the oldtime SdA users like to stick with something familiar. Just save the decks in the GCCG\decks\Lotr folder and use the "Import Deck" option.

Best way to learn how GCCG works is to find someone on who can show you around. Was the lobby empty when you logged in last time?

April 26, 2010, 06:56:44 PM
Reply #158

Legolis

• Information Offline
  • Horseman
    • Legolis's Have/Want list
« Reply #158 on: April 26, 2010, 06:56:44 PM »
And here are some screenshots! :)

Talk about an eye opener, started buying these back in 2001 and never have played anyone. I didn't have anyone here too play. I bought the starter box for the Fellowship and it had all these cool beads but had no idea lol. Thanks for the pic's!!!

April 27, 2010, 05:04:10 AM
Reply #159

Legolis

• Information Offline
  • Horseman
« Reply #159 on: April 27, 2010, 05:04:10 AM »
Just wanted to add this in about signing up for new users....

In the instructions...

And that should be all.

Where it says "myname" don't actually type in "myname" but the name you would like to go by!!! I noticed that a couple of people after signing up had to delete and reinstall, including myself too now lol, because of the error code, "Server Close connection...ABNORMAL EXIT".

I am pretty sure this is because when you first sign up people are typing it in exactly like it says thinking that is the only way in at first.

Now on to figuring all this game out since I don't have to live in fear of messing up my real cards!!!! Thanks to all here at the TLHH for creating this and making it available! Plus watch out once I get it all down I will be indestructible!!!!

Gold for everyone!!!!  :gp:  :gp:  :gp:  :gp: 

April 27, 2010, 12:45:47 PM
Reply #160

pumba

• Information Offline
  • Neekerbreeker
« Reply #160 on: April 27, 2010, 12:45:47 PM »
i have installed the gccg and been playing for about a month but now when i load up the game i cant load the menu or see the game tables, players, collection, etc..???

Help Please!

April 29, 2010, 07:29:20 PM
Reply #161

Mythdracon

• Information Offline
  • Ranger
  • You cannot pass!
« Reply #161 on: April 29, 2010, 07:29:20 PM »
So how does the virtual money work? Can you make a preliminary deck without buying things with virtual money? When you buy a "booster" with virtual money, are they like the RL boosters in card distribution, set distribution, etc? Are there foils?  ;)
A wizard is never late...nor is he early. He arrives precisely when he means to.

April 30, 2010, 12:22:19 AM
Reply #162

legolas3333

• Information Offline
  • King
« Reply #162 on: April 30, 2010, 12:22:19 AM »
the virtual money is jus for fun, you can use any cards you want to when making a deck without actually "owning" them

April 30, 2010, 08:17:21 AM
Reply #163

Legolis

• Information Offline
  • Horseman
« Reply #163 on: April 30, 2010, 08:17:21 AM »
Okay sorry about being kinda slow or out of place here but will get it all sooner or later. I was just wunderin about some of the commands.

I know that there is the help menu /help, but there are others not in the help menu. I noticed that the chat will scroll at the top and then there is the chat window on the bottom right. What would be the commands to switch between the chat options?

I saw where Pepin was trying to get me to play but could't respond, sorry! Plus it will be slow, painful and excruciating for my first couple times!!! Just a warning lol.   

I was thinking there should be a thread dedicated to the command list, hint for someone who knows them well enough!

But beware for if I do get it all down I will be hard to beat!!! Muhahahaa  :evil:

More gold for you all  :gp: :gp: :gp: :gp: :gp: :gp:
 :ninja:

April 30, 2010, 09:08:25 AM
Reply #164

legolas3333

• Information Offline
  • King
« Reply #164 on: April 30, 2010, 09:08:25 AM »
the chat boxes are exactly the same, the one in the corner just shows the messages addressed to you, if you hit tab, it will cycle through the players that are there, once you reach the desired players name, just type in a message and it will show up in two places, the personal message box and it will scroll down from the top.

April 30, 2010, 09:32:44 AM
Reply #165

Legolis

• Information Offline
  • Horseman
« Reply #165 on: April 30, 2010, 09:32:44 AM »
Awesome thanks!!!

May 01, 2010, 04:54:32 AM
Reply #166

pumba

• Information Offline
  • Neekerbreeker
« Reply #166 on: May 01, 2010, 04:54:32 AM »
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
i have installed the gccg and been playing for about a month but now when i load up the game i cant load the menu or see the game tables, players, collection, etc..

Help Please!

May 01, 2010, 05:43:08 AM
Reply #167

Legolis

• Information Offline
  • Horseman
« Reply #167 on: May 01, 2010, 05:43:08 AM »
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
i have installed the gccg and been playing for about a month but now when i load up the game i cant load the menu or see the game tables, players, collection, etc..

Help Please!

Have you tried hitting the "Update Everything" in the GCCG folder?

May 01, 2010, 10:24:39 AM
Reply #168

Cw0rk

• Information Offline
  • Knight
« Reply #168 on: May 01, 2010, 10:24:39 AM »
I was thinking there should be a thread dedicated to the command list, hint for someone who knows them well enough!
This is a good idea. A 'LOTR GCCG for beginners' thread would be nice. It shouldn't only be about commands, but also about how to make games work well such as always saying 'Pass' when you have no actions.

May 01, 2010, 08:18:43 PM
Reply #169

pumba

• Information Offline
  • Neekerbreeker
« Reply #169 on: May 01, 2010, 08:18:43 PM »
yeh i tried to update everthing and it seems to work but when i load the game its not working

May 02, 2010, 09:07:50 AM
Reply #170

Legolis

• Information Offline
  • Horseman
« Reply #170 on: May 02, 2010, 09:07:50 AM »
This is a good idea. A 'LOTR GCCG for beginners' thread would be nice. It shouldn't only be about commands, but also about how to make games work well such as always saying 'Pass' when you have no actions.

Pass!!!! Another one.  I think I will go ahead and start a thread like this but will take the effort of the experienced ones to make it easy for us newbs! So if there were alot of questions asked when trying to teach someone maybe put them in there too!

May 02, 2010, 09:10:10 AM
Reply #171

Legolis

• Information Offline
  • Horseman
« Reply #171 on: May 02, 2010, 09:10:10 AM »
yeh i tried to update everthing and it seems to work but when i load the game its not working

Hmmmm maybe Kralik will be able to help, but the only other thing I could think of maybe you installed another game and it is overriding your computer settings, such as your graphix card or something. If your not to worried about losing any info maybe trying unistalling it or deleting it then reinstall it.

Hope you get it figured out soon.

May 10, 2010, 12:51:28 PM
Reply #172

jodokast4ever

• Information Offline
  • Goblin
« Reply #172 on: May 10, 2010, 12:51:28 PM »
Wow, I just found this thread, and can not wait to get home and try to install this and play. :)  Sweet!!!

May 10, 2010, 01:02:33 PM
Reply #173

Smeagollum

« Reply #173 on: May 10, 2010, 01:02:33 PM »

Yeah Please!

May 10, 2010, 01:52:02 PM
Reply #174

ket_the_jet

• Information Offline
  • King
  • Administrator
  • He/Him/His
« Reply #174 on: May 10, 2010, 01:52:02 PM »
Use the search function. I started one months ago.
-wtk

May 17, 2010, 11:23:56 PM
Reply #175

Smeagollum

« Reply #175 on: May 17, 2010, 11:23:56 PM »
Is there any option within gccg to make a selection on the cards? For example: Only showing shire conditions? Otherwise it's a very timetaking stuff :p

If not; can it be added?

May 18, 2010, 03:39:14 AM
Reply #176

legolas3333

• Information Offline
  • King
« Reply #176 on: May 18, 2010, 03:39:14 AM »
no, that's why most people use Zorbecs instead

May 18, 2010, 07:10:25 AM
Reply #177

Smeagollum

« Reply #177 on: May 18, 2010, 07:10:25 AM »
and where can I find that? It's a real pain how you have to build a deck in gccg.

Edit: don't bother.. found it  #-o

May 26, 2010, 01:49:02 PM
Reply #178

Cw0rk

• Information Offline
  • Knight
« Reply #178 on: May 26, 2010, 01:49:02 PM »
Me and my opponent found a little bug today. When you move to Hornburg Wall it says that the site's shadow number is 7 but in reality, it is 6.

June 16, 2010, 12:47:11 PM
Reply #179

Cluanar

• Information Offline
  • Goblin
« Reply #179 on: June 16, 2010, 12:47:11 PM »
so I am new to the site and want to make sure i get this right. I can play lotro tcg on line outside deciphers released game?

If so what steps are needed. Do you have to buy cards for real $$$ are they downloadable via this site?

Thanks in advance for the help

June 16, 2010, 01:24:34 PM
Reply #180

hrcho

• Information Offline
  • Marksman
  • One does not simply Rock into Mordor.
    • My trade list
« Reply #180 on: June 16, 2010, 01:24:34 PM »
http://gccg.sourceforge.net/

Here you'll find everything you need, including instructions. On the left side of the page go to How-to-install and pick your OS. Download. Extract. Install. Install card images. Update Everything.

Once you are done, star the game. It will take some time once you get used to the program, but it's not difficult and you may ask anyone there to help you if need help.

The game is indeed free. There is virtual money, but it's for fun only. You can use ALL cards to build your decks and you don't have to "own" them. Collecting cards and earning money is for fun only.
« Last Edit: June 16, 2010, 01:26:26 PM by hrcho »
Some days you're the statue, and some days you're the pigeon.

Trade List (TLHH)
Trade List (Mahasamatman)

June 16, 2010, 03:07:29 PM
Reply #181

Cluanar

• Information Offline
  • Goblin
« Reply #181 on: June 16, 2010, 03:07:29 PM »
Is this possible to play as a lan game between friends?

June 16, 2010, 05:28:08 PM
Reply #182

hrcho

• Information Offline
  • Marksman
    • My trade list
« Reply #182 on: June 16, 2010, 05:28:08 PM »
Not through LAN, but you can play as long as all computers have internet access and if you have LAN you can make all computers have internet access. Just install it on all computers. If you are bandwidth limited, download it once and copy/paste through LAN or memory stick.

Trade List (TLHH)

June 16, 2010, 09:04:35 PM
Reply #183

Kralik

« Reply #183 on: June 16, 2010, 09:04:35 PM »
SdA or LackeyCCG might suit your LAN needs, but the beauty of GCCG is that its playerbase means it almost always possible to find a game with someone when you want one. :)

June 17, 2010, 09:17:14 AM
Reply #184

Cluanar

• Information Offline
  • Goblin
« Reply #184 on: June 17, 2010, 09:17:14 AM »
I t seemed that on gccg it allowed the source download which i assumed was the ability to run a server. I was hoping if that were true then the board size/layout could be altered and maybe the card graphics made a bit better. Watching a few games I found it very hard to keep focused with all the blurred cards and over lapping going on.

June 17, 2010, 10:54:50 AM
Reply #185

hrcho

• Information Offline
  • Marksman
    • My trade list
« Reply #185 on: June 17, 2010, 10:54:50 AM »
I think you have a problem with graphics which is not GCCG generic. No cards are blurred and no overlapping should be happening. It's true that cards are small, but they are big enough to play without any problems and if you needed to see a certain card better, just press SHIFT over it.

Trade List (TLHH)

June 18, 2010, 10:31:15 AM
Reply #186

Kralik

« Reply #186 on: June 18, 2010, 10:31:15 AM »
Cluanar, could you give more details? I don't see blurred cards either.
As for the board size/layout, that can be altered without having to run a new server. A while back I was pushing to have the cards be slightly smaller (say, 80%), but wlk veto'ed the idea vehemently. :P

July 10, 2010, 08:38:08 AM
Reply #187

Imrahil

• Information Offline
  • Troll
« Reply #187 on: July 10, 2010, 08:38:08 AM »
Well, I would love to play online, but I own a Mac and the steps to installation look way too complicated for me to figure out.  Does anybody know if it's actually as complicated as it looks, or am I just being too easily frightened?
Never under any circumstances take a sleeping pill and a laxative on the same night.

-Dave Barry

July 10, 2010, 08:47:15 AM
Reply #188

Kralik

« Reply #188 on: July 10, 2010, 08:47:15 AM »
Does anybody know if it's actually as complicated as it looks, or am I just being too easily frightened?

It is. :(
It's been done, but requires some tech knowledge (and, I think, Mac < 10.6)

September 22, 2010, 03:19:42 AM
Reply #189

omateos

• Information Offline
  • Neekerbreeker
« Reply #189 on: September 22, 2010, 03:19:42 AM »
Hi all, i'd like to play with GCCG and when i click in Install LOTR.bat (Windows Platform), a DOS window appears and say this.

Fetching module list [1] http://gccg.sourceforge.net/modules/available.xml
--12:17:12--  http://gccg.sourceforge.net/modules/available.xml
           => `available.xml'
Resolving gccg.sourceforge.net... done.
Connecting to gccg.sourceforge.net[216.34.181.96]:80... failed: Bad file descriptor.Retrying.

This error is because i bellow a firewall connection?

Thx a lot

September 22, 2010, 06:29:44 AM
Reply #190

Kralik

« Reply #190 on: September 22, 2010, 06:29:44 AM »
Quite possibly it is a firewall issue. You have to let it run the installer and download the necessary files needed for the game.

November 01, 2010, 02:12:16 PM
Reply #191

RohanJon

• Information Offline
  • Uruk-hai
« Reply #191 on: November 01, 2010, 02:12:16 PM »
I installed it on my net book. but when I click lotr.bat the game is to big for my laptop screen. And when I click full screen on both my laptop and p.c (which broke) It says no suitable video mode found requires 16bp or something like that. anyone no how to fix it
"If this is indeed the will of the council..."

November 02, 2010, 05:18:10 AM
Reply #192

wlk

• Information Offline
  • Uruk-hai
« Reply #192 on: November 02, 2010, 05:18:10 AM »
I installed it on my net book. but when I click lotr.bat the game is to big for my laptop screen. And when I click full screen on both my laptop and p.c (which broke) It says no suitable video mode found requires 16bp or something like that. anyone no how to fix it

Check the FAQ:
1.2.4. I can't resize the window?
The application is not yet very easily resizeable. You can add parameter --geometry 800x600 to get 800x600 screen for example. Follow instructions in 1.2.3. replacing the parameter --full with your desired geometry setting.

November 23, 2010, 06:26:50 AM
Reply #193

Shelobplayer

• Information Offline
  • Bowman
« Reply #193 on: November 23, 2010, 06:26:50 AM »
Yesterday I played my first game on GCCG, and I hope that I get to play with most of you guys soon ;). Also I think that some of my friends will start using the program in some weeks, so expect 2-3 new players. (I'll play on the name B0r0m1r)

B.

December 22, 2010, 10:19:32 PM
Reply #194

Yussuff_87

• Information Offline
  • Neekerbreeker
« Reply #194 on: December 22, 2010, 10:19:32 PM »
hey,
i'm new here and try to use Gccg but have still several problems! First i guess i have to switch my user-name cause i just chosed 'myname' as in the tutorial above but its not working, so not connecting to the server! furthermore, i have no idea how to build decks with this program....thanks for help
regards

December 23, 2010, 01:28:51 AM
Reply #195

Smeagollum

« Reply #195 on: December 23, 2010, 01:28:51 AM »
hey,
i'm new here and try to use Gccg but have still several problems! First i guess i have to switch my user-name cause i just chosed 'myname' as in the tutorial above but its not working, so not connecting to the server! furthermore, i have no idea how to build decks with this program....thanks for help
regards

Hey Yussuf,

Use zorbed decklistbuilder:

http://eric.minet.free.fr/dbdownl_en.htm

December 23, 2010, 02:36:23 AM
Reply #196

Enola

• Information Offline
  • Scout
« Reply #196 on: December 23, 2010, 02:36:23 AM »
Zorbec* ;).

January 18, 2011, 07:34:55 PM
Reply #197

Kenddrick

« Reply #197 on: January 18, 2011, 07:34:55 PM »
Can we have the ability to get rid of cards on GCCG? Like tear them or something?

Heije and someone else gave me a lot of cards to now i got 14** for so many cards someone help please! :(

January 18, 2011, 08:20:19 PM
Reply #198

jdizzy001

• Information Offline
  • Knight
« Reply #198 on: January 18, 2011, 08:20:19 PM »
give them to another player
*All posts made by jdizzy001, regardless of the thread in which they appear, are expressions of his own opinion and as such are not representative of views shared by any third party unless expressly acknowledged as such by said party.

I play LOTR SBG look at my minis!
http://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.124731667611081.33577.100002227457509&l=aeb5fa3bdd

January 19, 2011, 08:17:22 AM
Reply #199

Kenddrick

« Reply #199 on: January 19, 2011, 08:17:22 AM »
Yes but how do I do it quickly?

January 19, 2011, 08:33:19 AM
Reply #200

Kralik

« Reply #200 on: January 19, 2011, 08:33:19 AM »
Kenddrick, Kenddrick, Kenddrick... I already told you: keyboard shortcuts! ;)

Try typing /help, /help bind or /help give in GCCG. Read a bunch and experiment.

January 19, 2011, 08:37:21 AM
Reply #201

Gil-Estel

• Information Offline
  • King
  • Abuser of the Force
« Reply #201 on: January 19, 2011, 08:37:21 AM »
Can we have the ability to get rid of cards on GCCG? Like tear them or something?

Heije and someone else gave me a lot of cards to now i got 14** for so many cards someone help please! :(
Be grateful! I am dutch, I hardly give anything away
..."Elves seldom give unguarded advice, for advice is a dangerous gift, even from the wise to the wise, and all courses may run ill"...

January 19, 2011, 07:15:46 PM
Reply #202

inzilzor

• Information Offline
  • Goblin
« Reply #202 on: January 19, 2011, 07:15:46 PM »

Check the FAQ:
1.2.4. I can't resize the window?
The application is not yet very easily resizeable. You can add parameter --geometry 800x600 to get 800x600 screen for example. Follow instructions in 1.2.3. replacing the parameter --full with your desired geometry setting.

use lotr_fullscreen.bat

January 20, 2011, 11:26:20 AM
Reply #203

Kralik

Re: GCCG (1.1.3 release; 01/20/11)
« Reply #203 on: January 20, 2011, 11:26:20 AM »
New server, new version! You can now update to change to the new server if you haven't already. Enjoy!

January 20, 2011, 07:22:59 PM
Reply #204

Kenddrick

« Reply #204 on: January 20, 2011, 07:22:59 PM »
What are the updates that you added? :D

January 20, 2011, 07:35:07 PM
Reply #205

Kralik

« Reply #205 on: January 20, 2011, 07:35:07 PM »
...Fixed for new server?

But 1.1.4 now has a little surprise. If you like it, thank ket!

January 20, 2011, 07:37:17 PM
Reply #206

Kenddrick

Re: GCCG (1.1.4 release; 01/20/11)
« Reply #206 on: January 20, 2011, 07:37:17 PM »
Tell me what it is pls I am in school and the school has firewall so I can't see it!

January 20, 2011, 08:38:33 PM
Reply #207

Kralik

« Reply #207 on: January 20, 2011, 08:38:33 PM »
You'll know once you play a full game.

January 21, 2011, 04:19:45 AM
Reply #208

ket_the_jet

• Information Offline
  • King
  • Administrator
  • He/Him/His
« Reply #208 on: January 21, 2011, 04:19:45 AM »
:gp: Kralik. It's amazing.
-wtk

January 21, 2011, 05:44:45 AM
Reply #209

Kralik

« Reply #209 on: January 21, 2011, 05:44:45 AM »
Right now it's sadly one-sided, since to make it work both ways takes changing some core functions. We'll see if I can fix that later, though. :)

January 21, 2011, 06:19:34 AM
Reply #210

ket_the_jet

• Information Offline
  • King
  • Administrator
  • He/Him/His
« Reply #210 on: January 21, 2011, 06:19:34 AM »
That does take away some of the fun of it...
-wtk

January 21, 2011, 06:26:43 AM
Reply #211

Kralik

« Reply #211 on: January 21, 2011, 06:26:43 AM »
That does take away some of the fun of it...

If you can catch me later today, we can test a better version together.

January 21, 2011, 09:06:11 AM
Reply #212

Kenddrick

« Reply #212 on: January 21, 2011, 09:06:11 AM »
Hi Kralik can u help me? I've played a full game and all I got was this promo and $9!

What was supposed to happen?

I've updated!

January 21, 2011, 09:34:24 AM
Reply #213

ket_the_jet

• Information Offline
  • King
  • Administrator
  • He/Him/His
« Reply #213 on: January 21, 2011, 09:34:24 AM »
Turn the sound on and play another game.
-wtk

January 21, 2011, 09:52:16 AM
Reply #214

Kenddrick

« Reply #214 on: January 21, 2011, 09:52:16 AM »
I managed to discover what the secret is without playing GCCG at all! :D
« Last Edit: January 21, 2011, 09:57:03 AM by Kenddrick »

January 22, 2011, 09:38:39 AM
Reply #215

Kralik

Re: GCCG (1.1.6 "Death Cry" - 01/22/11)
« Reply #215 on: January 22, 2011, 09:38:39 AM »
New version today with minor feature addition/fix.

January 22, 2011, 10:15:02 AM
Reply #216

hrcho

• Information Offline
  • Marksman
    • My trade list
« Reply #216 on: January 22, 2011, 10:15:02 AM »
Sooo... what happened to GCCG 1.1.5? :)

Trade List (TLHH)

January 22, 2011, 10:16:55 AM
Reply #217

Kralik

« Reply #217 on: January 22, 2011, 10:16:55 AM »
Used in testing, didn't fix the issue like 1.1.6 does. :P

January 22, 2011, 04:42:34 PM
Reply #218

Kralik

Re: GCCG (1.1.7 "Stacked Palantir" - 01/22/11)
« Reply #218 on: January 22, 2011, 04:42:34 PM »
Two releases in one day! I fixed the stacked companions, Palantir of Orthanc (TS) and Hornburg Wall bugs mentioned here.

January 22, 2011, 04:44:39 PM
Reply #219

hrcho

• Information Offline
  • Marksman
    • My trade list
« Reply #219 on: January 22, 2011, 04:44:39 PM »
You're on a roll, Kralik... nothing can stop you!  :up:

Trade List (TLHH)

January 22, 2011, 05:40:05 PM
Reply #220

Legolis

• Information Offline
  • Horseman
« Reply #220 on: January 22, 2011, 05:40:05 PM »
Gold for Kralik!!!   :gp:

January 23, 2011, 04:01:35 AM
Reply #221

zadetek

• Information Offline
  • Uruk-hai
« Reply #221 on: January 23, 2011, 04:01:35 AM »
well done kralik :gp: :up:

January 30, 2011, 01:44:20 PM
Reply #222

Kralik

Re: GCCG (1.1.8 "Crashing Porticos" - 01/30/11)
« Reply #222 on: January 30, 2011, 01:44:20 PM »
Update today! Fixed the bug with Zorbec's/Portico (typo in GCCG DB) and a certain cheating/crashing issue. :)

February 01, 2011, 05:42:57 AM
Reply #223

legolas3333

• Information Offline
  • King
« Reply #223 on: February 01, 2011, 05:42:57 AM »
I love what you added when someone tries to add more than 50, i saw it at work today, pretty sweet.

February 01, 2011, 05:52:48 AM
Reply #224

Kralik

« Reply #224 on: February 01, 2011, 05:52:48 AM »
I was thinking of making it a "/yell" to alert all players, but I guess it's good enough. ;)

February 05, 2011, 12:18:54 PM
Reply #225

hrcho

• Information Offline
  • Marksman
    • My trade list
« Reply #225 on: February 05, 2011, 12:18:54 PM »
I just saw the message appear during a game. Could you possibly add the information on how many tokens did the person try to add. It'd be nice to know if the person hit the number accidentally or he really tried to crash the game so we can hate that person openly. :)

Trade List (TLHH)

February 05, 2011, 12:35:09 PM
Reply #226

Kralik

« Reply #226 on: February 05, 2011, 12:35:09 PM »
You could always just ask them. ;)

Let's wait for now--changing it requires rebooting the server.

February 07, 2011, 10:37:30 AM
Reply #227

Crabby Imposter

• Information Offline
  • Orc
« Reply #227 on: February 07, 2011, 10:37:30 AM »
So where's the discussion on Mr. Underhill?

February 07, 2011, 11:02:52 AM
Reply #228

hrcho

• Information Offline
  • Marksman
    • My trade list
« Reply #228 on: February 07, 2011, 11:02:52 AM »
The Straight Road -  House Rules:
Mr. Underhill Discussion
Mr. Underhill Poll

Trade List (TLHH)

February 13, 2011, 08:32:05 AM
Reply #229

Kralik

Re: GCCG (1.1.9 "Start Underhill" - 02/13/11)
« Reply #229 on: February 13, 2011, 08:32:05 AM »
New version: Happy Valentine's Day!

Three changes:
1) Legalized Mr. Underhill as decided by a 75% majority.
2) Moved all of the starter decks into a subfolder of decks called "Starters." I usually delete these and it's so annoying to have them keep coming back and clogging up my decks folder after an update!
3) Changed server name from gccg.lotrtcgwiki.com to just lotrtcgwiki.com. Since the move, the gccg is now unnecessary.

Enjoy!

February 26, 2011, 07:55:58 AM
Reply #230

Kralik

Re: GCCG (1.2.0 "Lady Shredder" - 02/26/11)
« Reply #230 on: February 26, 2011, 07:55:58 AM »
New version today -- please "Update Everything"! This is a major release.

-FEATURE: You can now shred extra cards! See below for instructions.
-FEATURE: Custom launcher for GCCG! This addresses several common questions and will write a Lotr.bat file for you and launch it with the settings you choose. It is Windows-only, but Mac/Linux users can accomplish much of the same with the command line anyway.
-CHANGE: Lady Redeemed has been X-ed in Movie/House Rules based on the results of the poll.
-CHANGE: All "Draft" formats have been removed from the rules definitions file. I don't think they correctly represented anything, really. When/if drafts are programmed in correctly, they can be added back in.

Shredding Cards
Shredding cards is dangerous, and will not be added to any right-click menus or official GCCG documentation with /help. Be advised that if you make a mistake, don't come crying to me to get your cards back. You have been warned. :P

To shred cards:
1) Open up the collection viewer while in the lobby.
2) Hover the mouse over the card you wish to shred.
3) Type /shred X, where X is the number of cards you wish to KEEP.

So, something that would work well to give you a playset would be /shred 4 over each card. If you use /shred 1 you'll be left with just 1 and /shred 0 will destroy all copies of said card. Yikes!

There are various messages depending on the sheer quantity of cards destroyed. Enjoy!

February 26, 2011, 08:56:44 AM
Reply #231

Kenddrick

« Reply #231 on: February 26, 2011, 08:56:44 AM »
ty for the shredding update kralik

March 01, 2011, 09:04:10 AM
Reply #232

legolas3333

• Information Offline
  • King
« Reply #232 on: March 01, 2011, 09:04:10 AM »
Ok i updated  everything but the shredder doesn't seem to be working, any ideas why?

March 01, 2011, 09:56:38 AM
Reply #233

Kralik

« Reply #233 on: March 01, 2011, 09:56:38 AM »
Well, what are you trying? More details, please. :)

March 01, 2011, 10:35:49 AM
Reply #234

legolas3333

• Information Offline
  • King
« Reply #234 on: March 01, 2011, 10:35:49 AM »
I followed your instructions to the letter, then I tried every version of "shred x" possible: with a space, without a space, with an underscore, with a capital S" and nothing is working.

March 01, 2011, 12:33:08 PM
Reply #235

ket_the_jet

• Information Offline
  • King
  • Administrator
  • He/Him/His
« Reply #235 on: March 01, 2011, 12:33:08 PM »
What about /shred X?
-wtk

March 01, 2011, 01:05:28 PM
Reply #236

legolas3333

• Information Offline
  • King
« Reply #236 on: March 01, 2011, 01:05:28 PM »
Sorry if that cause confusion, ket, I did try /shred x and all
I got was "invalid command"

March 01, 2011, 01:43:04 PM
Reply #237

Kralik

« Reply #237 on: March 01, 2011, 01:43:04 PM »
Well, either I coded it incorrectly or somehow it's just your system. Can anyone else besides ket (who downloaded the update as an early test for me) confirm whether it does/doesn't work for them?

March 01, 2011, 03:51:55 PM
Reply #238

hrcho

• Information Offline
  • Marksman
    • My trade list
« Reply #238 on: March 01, 2011, 03:51:55 PM »
hrcho chucks all but 4 copies of Let Them Come! into the bonfire and dances around it with glee! Yahahahaa!

It works for me.

Trade List (TLHH)

March 01, 2011, 04:11:52 PM
Reply #239

Kralik

« Reply #239 on: March 01, 2011, 04:11:52 PM »
Only thing I can think of offhand is to try the update again...?

Also, L3333, are you using other games besides LotR? It could be that they are overwriting the change that was hand-coded for LotR.

March 01, 2011, 06:31:50 PM
Reply #240

jdizzy001

• Information Offline
  • Knight
« Reply #240 on: March 01, 2011, 06:31:50 PM »
I updated and shredded a few cards. I even taught a few players on GCCG how to shred and it worked. In fact, I used the industrial sized shredder;)
*All posts made by jdizzy001, regardless of the thread in which they appear, are expressions of his own opinion and as such are not representative of views shared by any third party unless expressly acknowledged as such by said party.

I play LOTR SBG look at my minis!
http://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.124731667611081.33577.100002227457509&l=aeb5fa3bdd

March 02, 2011, 02:08:53 AM
Reply #241

legolas3333

• Information Offline
  • King
« Reply #241 on: March 02, 2011, 02:08:53 AM »
I am using the MTG program, so that could be the cause, would I just need to uninstall it then update everything again and the shredder will work maybe?

March 02, 2011, 05:29:39 AM
Reply #242

Kralik

« Reply #242 on: March 02, 2011, 05:29:39 AM »
You'd have better luck with installing LotR in its own folder. The /shred function required changes to core GCCG code that aren't going to be present in other games. It's likely that you'd have problems in the future with MtG overwriting the client functions file if you kept them both together.

March 02, 2011, 07:16:58 AM
Reply #243

legolas3333

• Information Offline
  • King
« Reply #243 on: March 02, 2011, 07:16:58 AM »
figured it out, thanks for the help kralik!

March 12, 2011, 03:53:52 PM
Reply #244

OneFathom

• Information Offline
  • Bowman
« Reply #244 on: March 12, 2011, 03:53:52 PM »
Just picked up a new Macbook Pro and i have no idea how to get onto GCCG.  I tried following some of the directions to get it started, but I am not tech savvy by any means.  Can anybody help me get started?

March 12, 2011, 03:59:22 PM
Reply #245

ket_the_jet

• Information Offline
  • King
  • Administrator
  • He/Him/His
« Reply #245 on: March 12, 2011, 03:59:22 PM »
Just picked up a new Macbook Pro and i have no idea how to get onto GCCG.  I tried following some of the directions to get it started, but I am not tech savvy by any means.  Can anybody help me get started?

Congrats on the Mac. I play via Mac and these are the instructions that I used to get it started.
-wtk

March 16, 2011, 03:21:43 PM
Reply #246

The Dewk

• Information Offline
  • Goblin
« Reply #246 on: March 16, 2011, 03:21:43 PM »
Ah man, I just downloaded it but it gives me this message when I open it:

Bad Username
Server closed connection
ABNORMAL EXIT

How do I get around this..?

Thanks.

March 16, 2011, 04:19:19 PM
Reply #247

The Dewk

• Information Offline
  • Goblin
« Reply #247 on: March 16, 2011, 04:19:19 PM »
Nevermind. Figured it out.

March 18, 2011, 01:39:18 AM
Reply #248

secondbest

• Information Offline
  • Goblin
« Reply #248 on: March 18, 2011, 01:39:18 AM »
Hey Kralik,

I always play gccg from home. But I downloaded it to my laptop (windows 7) the other day. And it started ok but then asked my my username. When i entered Kaan it said

Bad Username
Server closed connection
ABNORMAL EXIT

now whenever I start the client I get that message on laptop. At home desktop I have no problems.

Any suggestions?

March 18, 2011, 02:34:44 AM
Reply #249

hrcho

• Information Offline
  • Marksman
    • My trade list
« Reply #249 on: March 18, 2011, 02:34:44 AM »
Hey Kralik,

I always play gccg from home. But I downloaded it to my laptop (windows 7) the other day. And it started ok but then asked my my username. When i entered Kaan it said

Bad Username
Server closed connection
ABNORMAL EXIT

now whenever I start the client I get that message on laptop. At home desktop I have no problems.

Any suggestions?

Locate the folder named .gccg on your home computer. In that folder is contained all the information about your decks and settings. You need to copy that folder to another computer (or laptop in your case) to play as Kaan on that computer. Also, you'll need to copy it from one computer to another each time you make some changes (such as new decks).

I think that's how it goes. It's been a long time since I've last done it and I know Kralik has made some changes so he'll probably correct me if I'm wrong. ;)

Trade List (TLHH)

March 18, 2011, 07:07:09 PM
Reply #250

Kralik

« Reply #250 on: March 18, 2011, 07:07:09 PM »
Kaan, it's spitting out the error because it doesn't know your password (in other words, the "abnormal exit" should be more like "invalid password") You can do as hrcho suggested and copy the folder or use the LotR Launcher to "Write Login Info" with your password from the first computer.

April 17, 2011, 07:33:47 PM
Reply #251

Kenddrick

« Reply #251 on: April 17, 2011, 07:33:47 PM »
Can we have more fun updates for this plz?

April 22, 2011, 10:37:09 AM
Reply #252

itjunkie

• Information Offline
  • Troll
« Reply #252 on: April 22, 2011, 10:37:09 AM »
i just downloaded this and installed...i see the tables and other users, but i dont know how to get started. can anyone help me? how do i build deck etc etc?

April 22, 2011, 12:49:43 PM
Reply #253

Kralik

« Reply #253 on: April 22, 2011, 12:49:43 PM »
It's hard to explain over the forum. Your best bet is to chat with another user who will show you the ropes.

April 22, 2011, 08:16:26 PM
Reply #254

itjunkie

• Information Offline
  • Troll
« Reply #254 on: April 22, 2011, 08:16:26 PM »
aww... is there a tutorial here somewhere?

Anyways, to anybody willing to help me, please do add me up at YM: chinitong21@yahoo.com

April 23, 2011, 07:51:53 AM
Reply #255

Kralik

« Reply #255 on: April 23, 2011, 07:51:53 AM »
When I log in to the lobby I usually see 6+ players. Why not ask?

I made a tutorial with pictures for Lackey a long time back, but I've never been motivated to do the same for GCCG because of a) time constraints and b) the ready supply of other players to show newbies the ropes. :)

April 23, 2011, 10:01:15 AM
Reply #256

itjunkie

• Information Offline
  • Troll
« Reply #256 on: April 23, 2011, 10:01:15 AM »
i do post in the chat asking for help...other players must be busy hehe

May 13, 2011, 10:29:48 AM
Reply #257

NappyKorn

• Information Offline
  • Knight
  • The ShizKnight
« Reply #257 on: May 13, 2011, 10:29:48 AM »
time to bump and dying thread for old times sake. I have a few questions about this program if I may ask some more experienced users.

1.) Typical of my I was exploring the program all noobie style and managed to spend most (all but like $2 and change) by randomly clicking stuff and was wondering how I could restart with a new username to fix this problem or if it one of those thing where your were being a fool now deal with it and do what you can.

2.) I assuming you can play at normal tables with any card just by making a deck and loading it. I'm also assuming that buying boosters and starters has some functions other than just building a collection. I'm also assuming when tournament are held you have to use decks from the cards you collected through buying the boosters and starters for virtual currency, is this correct?

3.) I watched a few games being played to see how some of the actives are and it appears they are speed players. Is there anyone on this site that wouldn't mind a nice, slow, and friendly game so I can get my feet wet and not piss people of by being slow while I figure out the fundamentals on this program.

You can reply here or shoot me a PM if you rather and thanks in advance, but it is rather nice to see the game hasn't completely died while I was gone and some people still do enjoy the game and made a program like this that seems to have a fun environment to it :up:.
If a Balrog falls from a bridge and noone is around, does it make a sound?

May 13, 2011, 11:47:23 AM
Reply #258

FM

• Future Judge
  • Information Offline
  • Wizard
« Reply #258 on: May 13, 2011, 11:47:23 AM »
1.) Typical of my I was exploring the program all noobie style and managed to spend most (all but like $2 and change) by randomly clicking stuff and was wondering how I could restart with a new username to fix this problem or if it one of those thing where your were being a fool now deal with it and do what you can.

Deal with it. No harm done, though, as you'll see below.

2.) I assuming you can play at normal tables with any card just by making a deck and loading it. I'm also assuming that buying boosters and starters has some functions other than just building a collection. I'm also assuming when tournament are held you have to use decks from the cards you collected through buying the boosters and starters for virtual currency, is this correct?

Not at all. Most tournament the guys on the site hold are played with ANY cards you want. Of course, when you play a game WITHOUT proxies, you get a promo, so it's cool. Also, for instance, I play only with my wife and a couple friends, so we opt to only play with cards we own. Matter of preference, really. The loser in any game still gets a few bucks, so it's also not a problem if you want to play with whatever cards you have and take a beating. Collecting IS mostly for fun LotR-wise, although if you installed the MtG part you'd see it's possible to play sealed-deck matches, thus making the buying of boosters matter sometimes.

3.) I watched a few games being played to see how some of the actives are and it appears they are speed players. Is there anyone on this site that wouldn't mind a nice, slow, and friendly game so I can get my feet wet and not piss people of by being slow while I figure out the fundamentals on this program.

I believe most people would be ok to teach a new player use the program, it's what keeps the game alive nowadays anyway. I'd volunteer, but I have very scarce time, and nowadays I spend most of it playing Magic, trying to get the most mileage of my 4 Jace, the Mind Sculptor, before it rotates.

May 13, 2011, 11:58:45 AM
Reply #259

NappyKorn

• Information Offline
  • Knight
  • The ShizKnight
« Reply #259 on: May 13, 2011, 11:58:45 AM »
thanks for the imput FM, now to copy/paste the deck from my sda folder to the gccg folder and hope I remeber how to even play this game since I havent actually played since whenever it was I played last on sda (probably against Shieldmaiden, so yeah its been awhile).

May 14, 2011, 08:24:46 PM
Reply #260

NappyKorn

• Information Offline
  • Knight
  • The ShizKnight
« Reply #260 on: May 14, 2011, 08:24:46 PM »
Just out of curiousity does any1 here ever do sealed decks on GccG? If so do you actually get a decked deck to play it and get to keep the cards for your collection when the match is over?

P.S
    Yeah I justed now found the sealed thing for the program LOL.

July 10, 2011, 10:26:03 PM
Reply #261

legolas3333

• Information Offline
  • King
« Reply #261 on: July 10, 2011, 10:26:03 PM »
I searched the forums and couldn't find a way to set a new password, I'd like to be able to remember it as opposed to copy and pasting a long string of meaningless letters and numbers, help?

July 10, 2011, 10:41:20 PM
Reply #262

Doom

• Information Offline
  • Troll
  • Master of Doom, by Doom mastered. (AKA doomkitty)
« Reply #262 on: July 10, 2011, 10:41:20 PM »
Just:

/Set Password <yourpasswordhere>

July 15, 2011, 01:35:11 PM
Reply #263

Fadingcampaign

• Information Offline
  • Neekerbreeker
« Reply #263 on: July 15, 2011, 01:35:11 PM »
Hey there, I had this running a couple years ago and my only question is this...Did they remove all the official card images and only use the Initial and Text versions now, or am I missing something?
I installed the LOTR Cards. bat and updated, but no go...Thanks in advance.

July 15, 2011, 11:11:53 PM
Reply #264

Doom

• Information Offline
  • Troll
  • Master of Doom, by Doom mastered. (AKA doomkitty)
« Reply #264 on: July 15, 2011, 11:11:53 PM »
They have the images still up.. If you downloaded the LOTR Cards.bat it should work. I uploaded something in another thread-you might want to check that out.
« Last Edit: July 16, 2011, 06:51:36 AM by Doom »

August 07, 2011, 12:15:28 PM
Reply #265

Fauconathos

• Information Offline
  • Neekerbreeker
« Reply #265 on: August 07, 2011, 12:15:28 PM »
I have two questions.  How do I recover my password, and how do I get the card images to show up, when I have run card.bat.  Also I've tried running update all but it still says I'm on v0.9.6

August 08, 2011, 12:56:25 AM
Reply #266

Hiddens

• Information Offline
  • Goblin
« Reply #266 on: August 08, 2011, 12:56:25 AM »
I installed card images but i still dont have them in game. Do you help me?
« Last Edit: August 08, 2011, 05:21:30 AM by Hiddens »

August 08, 2011, 06:47:35 AM
Reply #267

Sabrien Reed

• Information Offline
  • Goblin
    • Gondorian.com
« Reply #267 on: August 08, 2011, 06:47:35 AM »
See the thread called "card images not working".  You need to download the zip file from a website and unzip into your graphics folder.

August 11, 2011, 04:21:48 PM
Reply #268

Kralik

« Reply #268 on: August 11, 2011, 04:21:48 PM »
I have two questions.  How do I recover my password, and how do I get the card images to show up, when I have run card.bat.  Also I've tried running update all but it still says I'm on v0.9.6

Just a quick FYI -- 0.9.6 is the GCCG version while 1.2.0 is the LotR Module.

August 30, 2011, 01:36:32 PM
Reply #269

hsiale

• Information Offline
  • Marksman
« Reply #269 on: August 30, 2011, 01:36:32 PM »
I've just installed GCCG and I'm trying to learn how it works :) is there any way to view only your collection (cards you actually have there, not the big list of all cards existing in the game)?

August 30, 2011, 02:58:04 PM
Reply #270

FM

• Future Judge
  • Information Offline
  • Wizard
« Reply #270 on: August 30, 2011, 02:58:04 PM »
There are keyboard commands for this, I'm sure, but a simple right-click with the mouse between two cards will open up the display options, and you can select whatever suits your need there (works for the MtG module, anyway, so I guess it'll work for LotR as well, same base code).

November 29, 2011, 01:10:04 AM
Reply #271

V-R4NG3R

• Information Offline
  • Uruk-hai
« Reply #271 on: November 29, 2011, 01:10:04 AM »
Hi guys, Im back again.
i installed GCCG on another pc.. now i get the message. Server closed. Wht could be the reason?
There is always Hope?!

November 29, 2011, 07:02:33 AM
Reply #272

FM

• Future Judge
  • Information Offline
  • Wizard
« Reply #272 on: November 29, 2011, 07:02:33 AM »
You could:

1) Be connecting into an older server, in which case running "Update Everything" should fix it;
2) Have installed the game again, but chosen the same screen name, so when the game generates the random password for the screen name you selected, since it does not match the old one, it can't connect, in which case, you just PM Kralik with you GCCG username and he'll send you your password, which then you input into the "Password" .txt file the system has generated into the .gccg folder

November 29, 2011, 07:14:38 AM
Reply #273

hsiale

• Information Offline
  • Marksman
« Reply #273 on: November 29, 2011, 07:14:38 AM »
PM Kralik
Kralik has not logged in since 12th September, so probably PMing him won't help much.

January 05, 2012, 12:08:05 AM
Reply #274

Dwarves

• Information Offline
  • Neekerbreeker
« Reply #274 on: January 05, 2012, 12:08:05 AM »
Hi, all. I'm fairly new to Apple computers and was trying to install GCCG on my MacBook Pro. I'm running Lion (10.7.2) so I have been doing a Source Installation. I've copied and pasted all five of the SDL folders into my Library/Frameworks folder. I then created the gccg folder and copied all of the Core Module files and folders into it. When I try "./gccg_package install client fonts source" I get
Fetching module list [1] http://gccg.sourceforge.net/modules/available.xml
FAILED: Skipping http://gccg.sourceforge.net/modules/available.xml
Fetching module list [2] http://www.derangedmonkey.com/bmin/available.xml
FAILED: Skipping http://www.derangedmonkey.com/bmin/available.xml
Fetching module list [3] http://www.reneploetz.de/gccg/available.xml
FAILED: Skipping http://www.reneploetz.de/gccg/available.xml
Fetching module list [4] http://lotrtcgwiki.com/files/gccg/available.xml
FAILED: Skipping http://lotrtcgwiki.com/files/gccg/available.xml

Any ideas?

Thanks for your help.

Ryan

August 17, 2013, 07:00:05 PM
Reply #275

morgoth_unchained

• Information Offline
  • Neekerbreeker
« Reply #275 on: August 17, 2013, 07:00:05 PM »
So, it looks like I'm going to have to try this out...I've been Jonesin' for a game of LotR for quite a while. I can occasionally get my gaming geek friends around here to play, but since none of them played back when the game was active we all have to use my decks...

August 17, 2013, 10:10:20 PM
Reply #276

dethwish07

• Information Offline
  • Scout
  • Not all who wander are lost
    • My Blog: The Archives of Minas Tirith
« Reply #276 on: August 17, 2013, 10:10:20 PM »
Welcome to TLHH, Morgoth_Unchained. While GCCG is a fine program, from what I can tell, it has fallen out of use for the most part. Most players now gather to play on Gemp (which can be found here). It is all in-browser, if you will. Nothing to download and configure. All you and your buddies have to do is create accounts and head to the deckbuilder. I do suggest using Chrome, as some other browsers have some bugs from my experience. Your mileage may vary.

After that, use the drop-down menus on the game hall (the home page after login) to set your format and choose your deck. Then you can host or join games with your friends and all the other users.

Anyway, I hope this helps. Always glad to have people come back to the game. Cheers!