LotR TCG Wiki → Card Sets:  All 0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 → Forums:  TLHH CC

Author Topic: Starting Fellowship  (Read 3575 times)

January 18, 2009, 09:15:16 PM
Read 3575 times

chompers

• Information Offline
  • Marksman
Starting Fellowship
« on: January 18, 2009, 09:15:16 PM »
Hi all - I have a question about the starting fellowship - in particular Smeagol and Wraiths

1) Smeagol adds a burden when he is played and Wraiths add 1 or 2 threats when they are played. Do you place these if they are in your starting fellowship? You don't place the shadow tokens so does this carry over to these costs as well?

2) Also - if i have say four companions and four threats can i play King of the Dead who adds 2 threats as part of his cost? Would King of the Dead would add 1 threat and ignore the second or is he just not able to be played?

Any help appreaciated - i haven't been able to work this one out

January 18, 2009, 09:18:21 PM
Reply #1

Elrohir

• Information Offline
  • Marksman
  • If you want him, come and claim him!
    • Elrohir wants some cards
Re: Starting Fellowship
« Reply #1 on: January 18, 2009, 09:18:21 PM »
1) Yes, you place the burdens (for example for smeagol) if you start him in you starting fellowship
2) you can not play King of death if you can not add threats.
You gave away your life's grace. I cannot protect you anymore.

January 18, 2009, 11:00:59 PM
Reply #2

Elf_Lvr

• Information Offline
  • Lord
  • Rhythmic Ringwraith
« Reply #2 on: January 18, 2009, 11:00:59 PM »
Since King of Dead (and similar wraiths) say, "To play, add X threats," you must be able to add the threats BEFORE you play them. So if you have maxed threats you can't play a guy that adds a threat. The threats are required to play the card at all.
Happy Hunting!
Remember Cobracards.com.
Thou cannot unjack what doth hath been jacked. - Menace64
"To die's the day worth livin' for!"
Maybe you guys can find a bard and have your story of heroic Balrog proximity put into verse.

January 19, 2009, 01:49:33 AM
Reply #3

chompers

• Information Offline
  • Marksman
« Reply #3 on: January 19, 2009, 01:49:33 AM »
thanks - this is what i thought

January 19, 2009, 03:30:48 AM
Reply #4

Thranduil

• Information Offline
  • Wizard
    • Zalman's Dungeon (blog of SF stories by Thranduil)
« Reply #4 on: January 19, 2009, 03:30:48 AM »
1) Smeagol adds a burden when he is played and Wraiths add 1 or 2 threats when they are played. Do you place these if they are in your starting fellowship? You don't place the shadow tokens so does this carry over to these costs as well?
Those burdens and threats are all played if you play them in your starting fellowship. If a companion had in its gametext "When you play this companion, add [1]" then you would start the game with [1] twilight token in the pool.

2) Also - if i have say four companions and four threats can i play King of the Dead who adds 2 threats as part of his cost? Would King of the Dead would add 1 threat and ignore the second or is he just not able to be played?
No you can't because all costs must be payed before you can play the card. Therefore with 4 companions, you would need 2 threats or less in order to be able to play King of the Dead (he can't count himself).

Thranduil