LotR TCG Wiki → Card Sets:  All 0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 → Forums:  TLHH CC

Author Topic: Game text vs. special ability  (Read 3152 times)

January 30, 2009, 01:31:13 AM
Read 3152 times

Olorin

• Information Offline
  • Marksman
  • You shall not pass!
Game text vs. special ability
« on: January 30, 2009, 01:31:13 AM »
Hi guys,

as far as I know, special abilities are printed bold followed by a double dot, like this: "Skirmish:"

Game text is something like "At the start you may do this and that xyz"... an ability of a character... but not a special ability...

so, I may play Sauron's gaze on a •Gil-galad, High King of the Noldor o; he is not allowed to use his special ability.
so, I may play Grima, Servant of another master and remove [4] to exert •Gil-galad, High King of the Noldor; this companion then cannot use his game text now.

That's right? I just want you to confirm that I understand that thing right.

in Summary I made this overpowered companion to ... let me guess... an Ent! okay, a little bit stronger... but no ability...  <:)

hmmm... I guess also that there is no way to make Gandalf BoO lose his gametext?  :lol:  :lol:
Mithrandir I am known to the Elves, Tharkun to the dwarves; Olorin was the name in my youth in the West which is forgotten, in the South Incanus, in the North Gandalf; into the East I will not go."

January 30, 2009, 01:34:17 AM
Reply #1

Thranduil

• Information Offline
  • Wizard
    • Zalman's Dungeon (blog of SF stories by Thranduil)
Re: Game text vs. special ability
« Reply #1 on: January 30, 2009, 01:34:17 AM »
Hi guys,

as far as I know, special abilities are printed bold followed by a double dot, like this: "Skirmish:"

Game text is something like "At the start you may do this and that xyz"... an ability of a character... but not a special ability...

so, I may play Sauron's gaze on a •Gil-galad, High King of the Noldor o; he is not allowed to use his special ability.
so, I may play Grima, Servant of another master and remove [4] to exert •Gil-galad, High King of the Noldor; this companion then cannot use his game text now.

That's right? I just want you to confirm that I understand that thing right.

in Summary I made this overpowered companion to ... let me guess... an Ent! okay, a little bit stronger... but no ability...  <:)

hmmm... I guess also that there is no way to make Gandalf BoO lose his gametext?  :lol:  :lol:
Yes, a special ability is defined only as an ability which follows a bold word and a colon. Skirmish:, Fellowship:, Shadow: and Response: all indicate special abilities.

Thranduil

January 30, 2009, 01:48:07 AM
Reply #2

Elessar's Socks

• Information Offline
  • Knight
  • "I see...I look foul and feel foul. Is that it?"
« Reply #2 on: January 30, 2009, 01:48:07 AM »
There is a way... but it's a secret. I'll give you a hint.

January 30, 2009, 01:56:54 AM
Reply #3

Olorin

• Information Offline
  • Marksman
  • You shall not pass!
« Reply #3 on: January 30, 2009, 01:56:54 AM »
There is a way... but it's a secret. I'll give you a hint.

Oh, I see... Then I need "extra coverage" :lol: have therefore another :gp:
Mithrandir I am known to the Elves, Tharkun to the dwarves; Olorin was the name in my youth in the West which is forgotten, in the South Incanus, in the North Gandalf; into the East I will not go."