LotR TCG Wiki → Card Sets:  All 0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 → Forums:  TLHH CC

Author Topic: (almost)Infinite Gimli?  (Read 4501 times)

February 06, 2009, 05:33:58 PM
Read 4501 times

Gerontius

• Information Offline
  • Horseman
(almost)Infinite Gimli?
« on: February 06, 2009, 05:33:58 PM »
Here's an idea for a loop deck (I haven't made up a decklist yet, but I might).
It's not very useful except for the fact that it could help against Fiend decks.
Use Gimli bearer of Grudges with The one ring, The Binding Ring. Get the Ring of Retribution.

1. (Fellowship) Play Courtesy of my Hall and stack Out of Darkness on it.           
2. Skirmish with Gimli, and use Sindri's effect to play OoD, then discard Courtesy with Axe of Erebor.
3. Lose Initiative with Smeagol, Poor Creature, triggering Memories of Darkness playing Courtesy stacking Out of Darkness.
4. Repeat step 2, but this time use OoD's second effect to draw 2 cards and regain initiative.
5. Repeat step 3 and 4 until Gimli is exhausted.
6. Repeat step 3 again, but this time play dwarven heart from your discard to heal Gimli twice. Discard Dwarven Heart w/ Axe of Erebor.
7. Exert Gimli to stack OoD on Preparations. Play it, exert again to draw 2 cards gaining initiative again. Lose initiative,
play dwarven heart, and discard it again.
8. Repeat step 7 until you have discarded your whole deck except for 4 cards of your choice from your draw deck.

I was thinking that if you could somehow set this up during site 1 it would be the perfect fiend deck killer. Infinite Gimli survives the skirmish against all the trolls and orcs, then you have a 4 card shadow combo or a whole bunch of move limit bonuses so you can make it to site 9 without difficulty and quickly.

However, I've never played against a fiend deck so I'm not sure exactly how strong I'd have to get Gimli before he can survive the troll swarm.

I might have missed something while I was working this all out, so if  I did something that makes no sense, tell me. :-|
« Last Edit: February 06, 2009, 07:30:25 PM by The Old Took »

February 06, 2009, 06:59:49 PM
Reply #1

sickofpalantirs

• Information Offline
  • Useful Spammer
  • one spammer to rule them all
Re: (almost)Infinite Gimli?
« Reply #1 on: February 06, 2009, 06:59:49 PM »
makes sense to me.
Felipe Musco:
(after all, it's a CHARITY organization, I still have SOME principles, even having gone through Law School... :P),
Elf Lvr:
Bit of a scrawny Iowan kid with an unhealthy artifact obsession. Oh, and a God of Spam. In a good way.
Ahhh!!! SoP, you're a genius!!! :gp: ~Menace64
SoP's Trade List
Like Muscle Cars? Check out themusclecarplace.com

February 07, 2009, 08:22:21 AM
Reply #2

TheJord

• League Director
  • Information Offline
  • King
  • High King of Rules
    • GamesCobra
« Reply #2 on: February 07, 2009, 08:22:21 AM »
To beat Fiend you need to become about strength 120-ish
"The rule of Gondor is mine!"

February 07, 2009, 09:16:58 AM
Reply #3

Gerontius

• Information Offline
  • Horseman
« Reply #3 on: February 07, 2009, 09:16:58 AM »
Hmm..... There are 8 cards or so that you need to have out, plus a few random companions to help against the swarm, 5 cards you need to discard to lose initiative the first time, and 4 cards you have left over. After that you get Gimli strength +3 for each 2 cards you discard from hand, so I guess you that if you had a 60 card deck you could discard some 40 for a strength +60. Plus his base strength, 10, and a few extra from discarding leftover conditions at the end. But it's still not enough.
Dwarven Armor, maybe?

February 07, 2009, 11:42:00 AM
Reply #4

TheJord

• League Director
  • Information Offline
  • King
  • High King of Rules
    • GamesCobra
« Reply #4 on: February 07, 2009, 11:42:00 AM »
Fiend involves a great deal of fierce trolls
"The rule of Gondor is mine!"

February 08, 2009, 08:05:51 PM
Reply #5

Gerontius

• Information Offline
  • Horseman
« Reply #5 on: February 08, 2009, 08:05:51 PM »
I just looked at NBarden's fiend-killer which is a lot simpler and could actually set up in time.  ;D ;D