LotR TCG Wiki → Card Sets:  All 0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 → Forums:  TLHH CC

Author Topic: TLHH Calendar  (Read 5732 times)

May 31, 2008, 06:02:22 PM
Read 5732 times

DáinIronfoot

• Bearded Axeman
  • Information Offline
  • Maia
  • Never tickle a Dwarf!
TLHH Calendar
« on: May 31, 2008, 06:02:22 PM »
While Kralik and I still try to figure out which add-ons we can and will be adding to the forums (like a shop), I figured I'd start playing around with one that's already here: the calendar. For now, pretty much all it has is U.S. holidays and--more importantly for community purposes--member birthdays. :) I THINK I've set it up so that birthdays will be "announced" at the bottom of the forum each day someone has their birthday, but worst case, you can always go to the calendar itself and see them that way.

In the future, I think we'll use the calendar for other things...as soon as I figure out what. :roll: Contests, perhaps? I'm sure we'll think of something. :hey:

For now, just understand that when everyone suddenly tells you HAPPY BIRTHDAY! on your special day, it's not because our memories have suddenly improved...it's because we're cheating! :mrgreen:
Best regards,
Dáin

Check out Lasting Alliances and The Road Ahead, my two completed DC sets, and also The Way Into Mordor (in progress), all part of my 5-set Wars of the Ring DC "block".

June 02, 2008, 12:01:34 PM
Reply #1

Gil-Estel

• Information Offline
  • King
  • Abuser of the Force
Re: TLHH Calendar
« Reply #1 on: June 02, 2008, 12:01:34 PM »
ehm, june 7th the European Championships start. June 9th we play Italy, June 14th France and the week after that Rumenia....talking football here...bit harsh for the British blokes, since the didn;t make it to the Championship...
..."Elves seldom give unguarded advice, for advice is a dangerous gift, even from the wise to the wise, and all courses may run ill"...

June 02, 2008, 04:22:49 PM
Reply #2

SomeRandomDude

• Information Offline
  • Maia
  • Most Likely To Usurp Kralik and Dáin
    • My Wordpress
« Reply #2 on: June 02, 2008, 04:22:49 PM »
^^The normal TLHH member (an American) doesn't care.

Keep it to major holidays and birthdays, IMO.
NB- 4 year veteran of CC/TLHH

"It was like:
Kralik: "What hath God wrought"
NB: "I dunno, but I'm in ur house eating ur food.""
-Elessar's Socks

Trade List- ft. Aragorn, Defender of Rohan

June 02, 2008, 04:57:15 PM
Reply #3

DáinIronfoot

• Bearded Axeman
  • Information Offline
  • Maia
  • Never tickle a Dwarf!
« Reply #3 on: June 02, 2008, 04:57:15 PM »
If it's a LOTR TCG tourney, that's one thing. I think filling in all possible sporting events would leave no room for anything else. Especially once American football season begins. :P
Best regards,
Dáin

Check out Lasting Alliances and The Road Ahead, my two completed DC sets, and also The Way Into Mordor (in progress), all part of my 5-set Wars of the Ring DC "block".

June 04, 2008, 12:03:29 AM
Reply #4

Gil-Estel

• Information Offline
  • King
  • Abuser of the Force
« Reply #4 on: June 04, 2008, 12:03:29 AM »
man....the normal TLHH ought to be american? I thought we were like proletarians....no homeland, just the last homely house! Wondering how many active TLHH members are americans though. Ok, what about the NBA finals..they start tomorrow! And what a final. Celtics vs Lakers.....sigh...such a shame they play in the deep off the night :D, I mean, in The Netherlands it is in the deep off the night! Stupid timezones....
..."Elves seldom give unguarded advice, for advice is a dangerous gift, even from the wise to the wise, and all courses may run ill"...

June 04, 2008, 01:25:53 AM
Reply #5

lem0nhead

• Vegetarian Cannibal
  • Information Offline
  • Wizard
  • Juicy Fruit
« Reply #5 on: June 04, 2008, 01:25:53 AM »
^^The normal TLHH member (an American) doesn't care.

man....the normal TLHH ought to be american? I thought we were like proletarians....no homeland, just the last homely house! Wondering how many active TLHH members are americans though.

I do think youre point is incredibly biased and unfair NB. GE is right. Is this a LOTR TCG forum or an American is best forum? Its on the internet which as far as im concerned doesnt make it American, its a virtual location, country makes no difference to events. Ok maybe the euro championships dont need go on but not because its not USA enough. GE didnt ask you to care, and you dont speak for the "normal" TLHH member.
Ban shampoo, demand real poo.
That's like having "Some Who Ride Ponies" as a Rohan follower. ~ Dain Ironfoot.

June 04, 2008, 03:26:04 AM
Reply #6

Thranduil

• Information Offline
  • Wizard
    • Zalman's Dungeon (blog of SF stories by Thranduil)
« Reply #6 on: June 04, 2008, 03:26:04 AM »
I don't care about sporting events, but you have missed a vital birthday on your calendar for today... :hey:

I wanted that whistling smiley we had on CC, but I guess that scary one will have to do...

Thranduil

June 04, 2008, 03:37:45 AM
Reply #7

lem0nhead

• Vegetarian Cannibal
  • Information Offline
  • Wizard
  • Juicy Fruit
« Reply #7 on: June 04, 2008, 03:37:45 AM »
Its missed cos u havent put in your date of birth in your profile.

Happy Birthday Thran! Whats that 465th? Elven kings are oooooold  :D

June 04, 2008, 04:17:00 AM
Reply #8

Thranduil

• Information Offline
  • Wizard
    • Zalman's Dungeon (blog of SF stories by Thranduil)
« Reply #8 on: June 04, 2008, 04:17:00 AM »
Well, I'm not quite sure if I remember when I was born, but counting the Three Ages of Middle-earth, that's 7045, then we have to work out when Middle-earth became just plain Earth, but I'm guessing I'm probably over 10000.

And I don't look a day over 435! ;)

Thranduil

June 04, 2008, 05:10:26 AM
Reply #9

SomeRandomDude

• Information Offline
  • Maia
    • My Wordpress
« Reply #9 on: June 04, 2008, 05:10:26 AM »
I do think youre point is incredibly biased and unfair NB. GE is right. Is this a LOTR TCG forum or an American is best forum? Its on the internet which as far as im concerned doesnt make it American, its a virtual location, country makes no difference to events. Ok maybe the euro championships dont need go on but not because its not USA enough. GE didnt ask you to care, and you dont speak for the "normal" TLHH member.

America IS best. Right my fellow patriots? (Of course, a Brit has the same opinion of England, so I guess we're all biased ;)) But the point wasn't America is best, the point was the majority of TLHH members don't care about the Euro Championships. And if we put up European Championships, then that would be biased the other way.

"It was like:
-Elessar's Socks

June 04, 2008, 05:14:24 AM
Reply #10

lem0nhead

• Vegetarian Cannibal
  • Information Offline
  • Wizard
  • Juicy Fruit
« Reply #10 on: June 04, 2008, 05:14:24 AM »
Im patriotic but i didnt say brit was best. And it wouldnt biased it would be neutral to put something on the list that affect users from this forum. And you keep saying "the majority" stop speaking for the majority! Youre not, so let them voice their opinion if they need to themselves!

June 04, 2008, 05:17:18 AM
Reply #11

SomeRandomDude

• Information Offline
  • Maia
    • My Wordpress
« Reply #11 on: June 04, 2008, 05:17:18 AM »
Unless its tailored to a specific country, at which point it would be a problem.

Dude, chill out. Quit getting so ticked off. Face it, the majority don't care about European...erm...football *mutter*. Seriously.

"It was like:
-Elessar's Socks

June 04, 2008, 05:55:29 AM
Reply #12

sickofpalantirs

• Information Offline
  • Useful Spammer
  • one spammer to rule them all
« Reply #12 on: June 04, 2008, 05:55:29 AM »
I think aside form major sporting events, world cup, world series, super bowl...all others should be left off...unless a member has one they are participating in...
Felipe Musco:
(after all, it's a CHARITY organization, I still have SOME principles, even having gone through Law School... :P),
Elf Lvr:
Bit of a scrawny Iowan kid with an unhealthy artifact obsession. Oh, and a God of Spam. In a good way.
Ahhh!!! SoP, you're a genius!!! :gp: ~Menace64
SoP's Trade List
Like Muscle Cars? Check out themusclecarplace.com

June 04, 2008, 10:31:21 AM
Reply #13

MR. Lurtzy

• Information Offline
  • King
  • Wouldn't it be nice if we were Hodor?
    • My website
« Reply #13 on: June 04, 2008, 10:31:21 AM »
I don't see a problem with putting up European stuff. Who's it gonna hurt?

June 04, 2008, 11:39:10 AM
Reply #14

Gil-Estel

• Information Offline
  • King
  • Abuser of the Force
« Reply #14 on: June 04, 2008, 11:39:10 AM »
I think aside form major sporting events, world cup, world series, super bowl...all others should be left off...unless a member has one they are participating in...

And the European Championship IS major! The best footballplayers are active in Europe, and a lot are european citizens. The Netherlands are in a poule together with France, Italy and Rumania. Italy is the worldchampion, France was runner-up and Rumania is a dangerous outsider....Oh man, I'm so excited!...wait I will start my own topic!