LotR TCG Wiki → Card Sets:  All 0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 → Forums:  TLHH CC

Author Topic: Namarie (POLL)  (Read 63149 times)

May 15, 2009, 02:47:22 AM
Reply #30

Smeagollum

Re: Namarie (POLL)
« Reply #30 on: May 15, 2009, 02:47:22 AM »
Just make it unique! Same should happen to sudden furry, by the way!

May 15, 2009, 04:18:12 AM
Reply #31

Olorin

• Information Offline
  • Marksman
  • You shall not pass!
« Reply #31 on: May 15, 2009, 04:18:12 AM »
i guess we will play with namarie x-listed in austria format, independent how this poll will finish. although it looks really good. :up:

Sure. Most bigger tournaments in Europe are arranged in realtionship of Germany and Austria - As I can count me in as a player whose words have definitely some weight here, Namarie will stay X-listed.

concerning restrict Namarie: this won't change anything. It's brokeness is to big. Only one Namarie can destroy a deck and therefore also the whole game!

Banning Gil-Galad: first I wanted to do... because he is one of the most broken things I ever saw (at the same level as Madril DoO). But however... I dont know why...
IMO hunter elves ares strong enough without namarie, so for those people who must use gil-galad, there are still plenty of other token cards.

Namarie is way too overpowered. Should definately be banned.  Elves also have some other nice condition removal, so the only thing that is to be lost with Namarie X-listed is the broken combo of destroying any condition based shadow decks.

I have never played Austrian format but it looks interesting, from my experience playing standard format, games are alot more fun (and more even) without namarie involved.

My australian mate, your are just THAT RIGHT, I can't say :up:

And once again: r-list or make Namarie unique won't help anything. Banning is the only solution!
Mithrandir I am known to the Elves, Tharkun to the dwarves; Olorin was the name in my youth in the West which is forgotten, in the South Incanus, in the North Gandalf; into the East I will not go."

May 15, 2009, 04:21:19 AM
Reply #32

Olorin

• Information Offline
  • Marksman
  • You shall not pass!
« Reply #32 on: May 15, 2009, 04:21:19 AM »
Ban Gil-Galad please.....

yap, playing ancient blade or take up the bow in the regroup... evil...

I am that happy that decipher recognized at least that Elven Armaments need an errata (skip the archery... zzz).
Mithrandir I am known to the Elves, Tharkun to the dwarves; Olorin was the name in my youth in the West which is forgotten, in the South Incanus, in the North Gandalf; into the East I will not go."

May 15, 2009, 04:25:10 AM
Reply #33

Smeagollum

« Reply #33 on: May 15, 2009, 04:25:10 AM »
Just make it unique if that would make everybody happy.. There is enough against namarie which is named conditiondiscarding.

May 15, 2009, 04:28:06 AM
Reply #34

Olorin

• Information Offline
  • Marksman
  • You shall not pass!
« Reply #34 on: May 15, 2009, 04:28:06 AM »
Just make it unique if that would make everybody happy.. There is enough against namarie which is named conditiondiscarding.

And if you don't have got any condition discarding at the moment? then you lose the game because all conditions are lost! Once Namarie worked it's over. And in regroup? Gil play it again... NO! Make Namarie unique won't change anything... otherwise I would have it r-listed... but it just doesn't make any sense.

Let's r-list steadfast champion - would be the same.

May 15, 2009, 05:14:39 AM
Reply #35

sickofpalantirs

• Information Offline
  • Useful Spammer
  • one spammer to rule them all
« Reply #35 on: May 15, 2009, 05:14:39 AM »
Plus for some decks (raiders) there condition discarding takes place in archery or skirmish.  and I don't have room for 4x freeps condition discarders.

and sudden fury unique? sudden fury is not that good...you have to get them out, lose skirmishes and its just skirmishes! not burdens or archery. 
Felipe Musco:
(after all, it's a CHARITY organization, I still have SOME principles, even having gone through Law School... :P),
Elf Lvr:
Bit of a scrawny Iowan kid with an unhealthy artifact obsession. Oh, and a God of Spam. In a good way.
Ahhh!!! SoP, you're a genius!!! :gp: ~Menace64
SoP's Trade List
Like Muscle Cars? Check out themusclecarplace.com

May 15, 2009, 05:31:32 AM
Reply #36

Smeagollum

« Reply #36 on: May 15, 2009, 05:31:32 AM »

And if you don't have got any condition discarding at the moment? then you lose the game because all conditions are lost! Once Namarie worked it's over. And in regroup? Gil play it again... NO! Make Namarie unique won't change anything... otherwise I would have it r-listed... but it just doesn't make any sense.

Let's r-list steadfast champion - would be the same.

It's a game isn't it? If you are afraid for namrie then you should prepare for it.

I realy don't see any argument about if you don't have condition removal.

May 15, 2009, 06:54:15 AM
Reply #37

Kralik

« Reply #37 on: May 15, 2009, 06:54:15 AM »

May 15, 2009, 07:10:52 AM
Reply #38

Smeagollum

« Reply #38 on: May 15, 2009, 07:10:52 AM »
If you don't see the power of sudden furry..... This is a great card! In Amsterdam we Restricted it, because it's able to give you so much powerboost that you can not be killed. Sure you have to lose skirmishes, but getting 4 tokens for one wound.. that's not to bad.

If you thnik namarie is to powerfull then sudden furry is that as well.

May 15, 2009, 07:15:42 AM
Reply #39

FingolfinFinwe

• Information Offline
  • Marksman
« Reply #39 on: May 15, 2009, 07:15:42 AM »
lol Kralik was poking fun at Sudden "Furry" -  as in, furry animal.  Now Sudden Fury, that is a very good card.  Not broken though imo.

May 15, 2009, 07:29:00 AM
Reply #40

Smeagollum

« Reply #40 on: May 15, 2009, 07:29:00 AM »
oh okay.. didn't see that he was poking fun...... :o

I shall use my  8-) next time ;)

May 15, 2009, 08:17:51 AM
Reply #41

Not a Zombie

• Information Offline
  • Ranger
  • An intelligent Corporeal, Previously sweet_stuff
« Reply #41 on: May 15, 2009, 08:17:51 AM »
Maybe not banned, but certainly should have an errata.
No one loves you like I do.
--God

I'm imploring people I've never met to pressure a government with better things to do to punish a man who meant no harm for something nobody even saw, thats what I'm doing!

May 15, 2009, 01:54:12 PM
Reply #42

ephen

• Information Offline
  • Scout
« Reply #42 on: May 15, 2009, 01:54:12 PM »
Making this and The shire Countryside unique seems the solve the problem best because you can still run 4 copies and its not as powerful.

May 15, 2009, 06:00:50 PM
Reply #43

sickofpalantirs

• Information Offline
  • Useful Spammer
  • one spammer to rule them all
« Reply #43 on: May 15, 2009, 06:00:50 PM »
one namarie can still kill a fellowship.  R-listed would probably be ok...
Felipe Musco:
(after all, it's a CHARITY organization, I still have SOME principles, even having gone through Law School... :P),
Elf Lvr:
Bit of a scrawny Iowan kid with an unhealthy artifact obsession. Oh, and a God of Spam. In a good way.
Ahhh!!! SoP, you're a genius!!! :gp: ~Menace64
SoP's Trade List
Like Muscle Cars? Check out themusclecarplace.com

May 16, 2009, 05:03:38 AM
Reply #44

Smeagollum

« Reply #44 on: May 16, 2009, 05:03:38 AM »
one namarie can still kill a fellowship.  R-listed would probably be ok...

Well if it kills a fellowship, then I realy see no problem at all. Which freep player would play it then?

I play aften enough and really don't have any problem with it. Just play a shadow without conditions.