LotR TCG Wiki → Card Sets:  All 0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 → Forums:  TLHH CC

Author Topic: Warg Riders (Shadow only)  (Read 5479 times)

May 27, 2009, 07:16:24 PM
Read 5479 times

Foresight

• Information Offline
  • Marksman
  • Hunting your kind down...
    • Myspace
Warg Riders (Shadow only)
« on: May 27, 2009, 07:16:24 PM »
Deck Size:  34
Minions

[Orc] Orkish Runner x4
[Orc] Orkish Rider x3
[Orc] Orkish Cavalry x2
[Orc] Scouting Orc x4
[Orc] Veteran War Chief x4
[Orc] Orkish Flanker x4
[Orc] Orkish Scout x2
[Orc] Orkish Skirmisher

Events

[Orc] Feral Ride x4

Possessions

[Orc] Vicious Warg x4
[Orc] Relentless Warg x2

Strategy

The main point of this shadow side is to take advantage of the extra vitality the wargs offer.  Fittingly so, the same set the wargs were introduced in had plenty of good choices for this.  For a twilight-adding engine I have the Orkish Runner and Orkish Scout to give me back some twilight after I play them, and lots more with Wargs!  One guy I really like is the Orkish Rider, who lets me get the mounts back from the discard pile.  If I see I only have 3 twilight left, a Relentless Warg in the discard pile, and a Vicious Warg in the hand...I can discard the Vicious for the Relentless!  Not to mention he gives a small strength bonus.  The Veteran War Chief and the Scouting Orc are self-explanatory.  The Orkish Flanker is condition discarding for these guys, and also an extra wounding engine which can get pretty good with the wounding orcs.  The Orkish Cavalry is to help with cycling and also pairs GREAT with the relentless warg since you can spot a race (which you say of someone who has 9 or more strength) and assign this orc to that companion.  Ouch!  One change I would like to do for this build is to take out the Orkish Skirmisher for a fourth copy of Orkish Rider (which I don't have :().  Thoughts?
« Last Edit: May 28, 2009, 03:36:22 AM by Foresight »
Like a force of nature, the Uruks are Unstoppable. [Uruk]

May 28, 2009, 04:59:15 AM
Reply #1

legolas3333

• Information Offline
  • King
Re: Warg Riders (Shadow only)
« Reply #1 on: May 28, 2009, 04:59:15 AM »
A Promo Saved is a Promo Earned

May 28, 2009, 05:50:38 AM
Reply #2

Smeagollum

« Reply #2 on: May 28, 2009, 05:50:38 AM »
Well what would you think of
4 x Gothmog
4 x his warg
4 x Rider's Gear
4x Orkish Veteran
1x A Defiled Charge

Play gotmog totally equiped: 3 archery plus a fierce 18 str minion damage + 1 Which can only get wounds in the skirmishphase. With defiled charge opponent exerts or give money (Twillight). Regroup use Gothmog ability to play veteran and add another 3 wounds. If everything turns out well you'll give 12 wounds (okay 2 of them will be exertions) with just 2 minions. Offcourse you like to play a mounted Orkish Traveler as well and in the ends it turns out you get a totally other deck :D

June 03, 2009, 10:48:16 AM
Reply #3

GarrisonofGondor

• Information Offline
  • Marksman
  • Let the armies of Mordor know this....
« Reply #3 on: June 03, 2009, 10:48:16 AM »
I have a deck like this on GCCG. Except, My main stategy is Scouting Orc + Mordor Scimitar + Relentless Warg + Rider's Gear.

Obviously it is a standard deck. ;D
"Never Again, will the land of my people, fall into enemy hands! For Gondor! For Gondor! For Gondor!

https://lotrtcgwiki.com/forums/index.php?topic=426.120