LotR TCG Wiki → Card Sets:  All 0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 → Forums:  TLHH CC

Author Topic: Gandalf FOTS / Corruption and Enquea  (Read 22479 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

May 31, 2009, 09:31:32 AM
Read 22479 times

Cw0rk

  • *****
  • Information Offline
  • Knight
  • Posts: 1379
  • .
Gandalf FOTS / Corruption and Enquea
« on: May 31, 2009, 09:31:32 AM »
Frodo And Ring 
*The One Ring, Isildur's Bane (1R1) 
*Frodo, Reluctant Adventurer (2C102) 

 
Sites 
(1) The Prancing Pony (1U324) 
(2) Bree Streets (1U328) 
(3) Ford of Bruinen (1U338) 
(4) Eregion Hills (3U116) 
(5) The Bridge of Khazad-dum (1C349) 
(6) Caras Galadhon (3U115) 
(7) Silverlode Banks (1U355) 
(8) Anduin Banks (1C356) 
(9) Summit of Amon Hen (1C362) 

 
Fellowship (30) 
1x *Albert Dreary, Entertainer From Bree (1R69) 
1x *Barliman Butterbur, Prancing Pony Proprietor (1U70) 
3x *Elrond, Lord of Rivendell (1R40) 
1x *Ottar, Man of Laketown (1R80) 
1x *Gandalf's Staff (2R22) 
1x *Narya (3R34) 
1x *Aragorn, Heir To The White City (3R38) 
1x *Gandalf, Friend of the Shirefolk (1R72) 
1x *Gimli, Son of Gloin (1R13) 
1x *Legolas, Greenleaf (1R50) 
1x *Sam, Son Of Hamfast (1C311) 
3x A Wizard Is Never Late (1R87) 
3x Servant of the Secret Fire (1R83) 
1x Sleep, Caradhras (1C84) 
1x *Aragorn's Bow (1R90) 
1x *Bow of the Galadhrim (1R33) 
1x *Gimli's Battle Axe (1R14) 
1x *Gimli's Helm (1R15) 
1x *Glamdring (1R75) 
1x *Long-Knives Of Legolas (3R21) 
1x *Ranger's Sword (1U112) 
1x *Sting (1R313) 
1x Dwarven Bracers (2U3) 
1x Hand Axe (2C10) 

 
Shadow (30) 
3x Helpless (2U76) 
4x It Wants to be Found (2U78) 
4x Must Do Without Hope (2U68) 
1x *The Balrog, Durin's Bane (2C51) 
4x *Ulaire Enquea, Lieutenant of Morgul (1U231) 
3x *Ulaire Nelya, Ringwraith in Twilight (2R84) 
3x *Ulaire Otsea, Ringwraith In Twilight (3U86) 
4x Goblin Runner (1U178) 
4x Morgul Skulker (1U258) 


The goal of the shadow is to add 5 burdens and kill everyone with Enquea. However it can corrupt the ring-bearer as well. I use Goblin Runner because everybody uses choke in FOTR Block and I need twilight to play It Wants to be Found. I try to have at least 2 Must Do Without Hope at site 5 for the Balrog. This is also why I use Elrond and Ottar... to draw my corruption cards quickly and discard the useless Must do without hope after site 5. I think my fellowship may bit a bit weak against Uruk so I may have to swap one Elrond for one Betrayal of Isengard.

May 31, 2009, 03:11:40 PM
Reply #1

Mc Tono

  • **
  • Information Offline
  • Scout
  • Posts: 92
Re: Gandalf FOTS / Corruption and Enquea
« Reply #1 on: May 31, 2009, 03:11:40 PM »
I allways liked both cards: must do without hope, and it wants to be found. To combine them (especially in a fellowship deck --> bridge) is brilliant I think. Simple but great.  :gp:
The It wants to be found combo only takes up 5 cards in any burden deck and the balrog was probably allready there and playable from your drawdeck...super.
as for the machienegun enquea lom I usually pack 2 not easily destroyed a real killer at site 8 and 9 (more twilight) in this case i`d drop 2 runners for it

May 31, 2009, 06:32:37 PM
Reply #2

ephen

  • **
  • Information Offline
  • Scout
  • Posts: 93
Re: Gandalf FOTS / Corruption and Enquea
« Reply #2 on: May 31, 2009, 06:32:37 PM »
I agree very much with the Not Easily Destroyed that combo always worked well for me.

May 31, 2009, 07:55:08 PM
Reply #3

Cw0rk

  • *****
  • Information Offline
  • Knight
  • Posts: 1379
  • .
Re: Gandalf FOTS / Corruption and Enquea
« Reply #3 on: May 31, 2009, 07:55:08 PM »
Thanx I didn't think about Not Easily Destroyed!

May 31, 2009, 08:28:28 PM
Reply #4

Kralik

  • Guest
Re: Gandalf FOTS / Corruption and Enquea
« Reply #4 on: May 31, 2009, 08:28:28 PM »
Thanx I didn't think about Not Easily Destroyed!

Brutal against ent flood decks... :twisted:

June 04, 2009, 01:31:55 PM
Reply #5

jdizzy001

  • *****
  • Information Offline
  • Knight
  • Posts: 1038
Re: Gandalf FOTS / Corruption and Enquea
« Reply #5 on: June 04, 2009, 01:31:55 PM »
Does Sleep Caradhras discard your own conditions as well?
*All posts made by jdizzy001, regardless of the thread in which they appear, are expressions of his own opinion and as such are not representative of views shared by any third party unless expressly acknowledged as such by said party.

I play LOTR SBG look at my minis!
http://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.124731667611081.33577.100002227457509&l=aeb5fa3bdd

June 04, 2009, 01:43:19 PM
Reply #6

MR. Lurtzy

  • *****
  • Information Offline
  • King
  • Posts: 2745
  • Wouldn't it be nice if we were Hodor?
    • My website
Re: Gandalf FOTS / Corruption and Enquea
« Reply #6 on: June 04, 2009, 01:43:19 PM »
Yes.

June 04, 2009, 01:49:09 PM
Reply #7

jdizzy001

  • *****
  • Information Offline
  • Knight
  • Posts: 1038
Re: Gandalf FOTS / Corruption and Enquea
« Reply #7 on: June 04, 2009, 01:49:09 PM »
Ouch... Is there a way to heal Peter Jackson, I mean Albert Dreary? 
*All posts made by jdizzy001, regardless of the thread in which they appear, are expressions of his own opinion and as such are not representative of views shared by any third party unless expressly acknowledged as such by said party.

I play LOTR SBG look at my minis!
http://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.124731667611081.33577.100002227457509&l=aeb5fa3bdd

June 04, 2009, 02:41:26 PM
Reply #8

Cw0rk

  • *****
  • Information Offline
  • Knight
  • Posts: 1379
  • .
Re: Gandalf FOTS / Corruption and Enquea
« Reply #8 on: June 04, 2009, 02:41:26 PM »
Not really.

June 04, 2009, 03:38:00 PM
Reply #9

Kralik

  • Guest
Re: Gandalf FOTS / Corruption and Enquea
« Reply #9 on: June 04, 2009, 03:38:00 PM »

June 04, 2009, 04:14:22 PM
Reply #10

jdizzy001

  • *****
  • Information Offline
  • Knight
  • Posts: 1038
Re: Gandalf FOTS / Corruption and Enquea
« Reply #10 on: June 04, 2009, 04:14:22 PM »
I figured master of healing would be the way to go, I just wanted to make sure I wasn't missing something.  You know like a companion the healed a site one ally every turn or something.
*All posts made by jdizzy001, regardless of the thread in which they appear, are expressions of his own opinion and as such are not representative of views shared by any third party unless expressly acknowledged as such by said party.

I play LOTR SBG look at my minis!
http://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.124731667611081.33577.100002227457509&l=aeb5fa3bdd

June 13, 2009, 01:01:42 PM
Reply #11

Cw0rk

  • *****
  • Information Offline
  • Knight
  • Posts: 1379
  • .
Re: Gandalf FOTS / Corruption and Enquea
« Reply #11 on: June 13, 2009, 01:01:42 PM »
I realized this shadow is extremely easy to build as Ulaire Nelya is the only rare card and it could even be replaced by another twilight nazgul if you are too poor.

June 13, 2009, 01:56:23 PM
Reply #12

jdizzy001

  • *****
  • Information Offline
  • Knight
  • Posts: 1038
Re: Gandalf FOTS / Corruption and Enquea
« Reply #12 on: June 13, 2009, 01:56:23 PM »
Do you find that you don't have your do without hope cards by site 5?  aren't you worried about clogging your hand?
*All posts made by jdizzy001, regardless of the thread in which they appear, are expressions of his own opinion and as such are not representative of views shared by any third party unless expressly acknowledged as such by said party.

I play LOTR SBG look at my minis!
http://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.124731667611081.33577.100002227457509&l=aeb5fa3bdd

June 14, 2009, 10:12:34 PM
Reply #13

Cw0rk

  • *****
  • Information Offline
  • Knight
  • Posts: 1379
  • .
Re: Gandalf FOTS / Corruption and Enquea
« Reply #13 on: June 14, 2009, 10:12:34 PM »
Do you find that you don't have your do without hope cards by site 5?  aren't you worried about clogging your hand?
At 30/30 I usually have 2 by site 5. Ottar is there to discard the others.

June 18, 2009, 05:24:01 PM
Reply #14

jdizzy001

  • *****
  • Information Offline
  • Knight
  • Posts: 1038
Re: Gandalf FOTS / Corruption and Enquea
« Reply #14 on: June 18, 2009, 05:24:01 PM »
oh that's cool.  I never thought to use Ottar
*All posts made by jdizzy001, regardless of the thread in which they appear, are expressions of his own opinion and as such are not representative of views shared by any third party unless expressly acknowledged as such by said party.

I play LOTR SBG look at my minis!
http://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.124731667611081.33577.100002227457509&l=aeb5fa3bdd