LotR TCG Wiki → Card Sets:  All 0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 → Forums:  TLHH CC

Author Topic: Arwen/Eowyn  (Read 7564 times)

June 02, 2009, 12:40:20 PM
Read 7564 times

Majin Saitoh

• Information Offline
  • Orc
Arwen/Eowyn
« on: June 02, 2009, 12:40:20 PM »
Hey,

I'm not new to the game, but I haven't played since the RotK set came out.
I'm focusing on the Movie Block at the moment for deck building.

I wanted to know if there was anything complimentary to the starting lineup of:
-Arwen, Queen of Elves and Men
-Eowyn, Lady of Ithilien

I just started looking over cards in sets 8, 9, and 10, and I wanted to see if there's anything I could use in particular that would help this lineup.
I'd like to focus on skirmishing, if possible.

I figure I could use:
-Legolas, Greenleaf
or
-Legolas, Fearless Marksman

to get the wounds where I'd want them to go to try and make fights more beneficial.
I'd also probably want to use the mounts to get the wounds on minions that much easier, as well as:
-Eowyn's Sword, Dernhelm's Blade

Thanks in advance for the help.
« Last Edit: June 02, 2009, 12:44:26 PM by Majin Saitoh »
"On Olympus, we measure Wisdom against Athena, Speed against Hermes, Power against Zeus. But we measure Courage... against Captain America." - Hercules

June 02, 2009, 01:54:37 PM
Reply #1

Gil-Estel

• Information Offline
  • King
  • Abuser of the Force
Re: Arwen/Eowyn
« Reply #1 on: June 02, 2009, 01:54:37 PM »
First of all: Welcome! I hope you will enjoy your stay here and will contribute to keep this game up and running!

Second of all. Gimli Ringbearer! He is ofcourse not the best ringbearer, especially outside a dwarven deck, but he enables you right from the start to play Quick as May Be. Another option that way is Gandalf, Friend of the Shirefolk with staff and Terrible and Evil, I just love multiculti......

Hmm skirmishing right, I was about to kill everything before skirmish.
..."Elves seldom give unguarded advice, for advice is a dangerous gift, even from the wise to the wise, and all courses may run ill"...

June 02, 2009, 05:05:19 PM
Reply #2

Majin Saitoh

• Information Offline
  • Orc
« Reply #2 on: June 02, 2009, 05:05:19 PM »
Gil-Estel - Thanks for the welcome. I do like the idea of Quick As May Be right off the bat, but I don't like the Gimli Ring-bearer too much. I also wanted to try and concentrate it possibly with just Rohan/Elf, but it's not a necessity.

Also, the skirmishing is just what I'd want to focus on as I assume Arwen & Eowyn's effects are best used in a deck that can handle fights (but again, not a necessity, as I would need to do several wounds before hand through Maneuvers & Archery to try and kill off minions during Skirmish).

I'll take a look through the sets again and see if I can come up with anything more specific.
"On Olympus, we measure Wisdom against Athena, Speed against Hermes, Power against Zeus. But we measure Courage... against Captain America." - Hercules

June 02, 2009, 08:37:28 PM
Reply #3

Imrahil

• Information Offline
  • Troll
« Reply #3 on: June 02, 2009, 08:37:28 PM »
Blades Drawn would be awesome if you could pull three elves (which would probably mean a Galadriel Ringbearer).  Lorien Swordsman would also work, or a couple Feathered.  Obviously, there's a Rohirrim Helm engine possible too, but that's not much fun, so I advise staying away from it. :-)

Personally, I always use Aragorn DoFP with that starting pair, but that's just my preference.
Never under any circumstances take a sleeping pill and a laxative on the same night.

-Dave Barry

June 03, 2009, 12:26:12 PM
Reply #4

Majin Saitoh

• Information Offline
  • Orc
« Reply #4 on: June 03, 2009, 12:26:12 PM »
Imrahil - I could always use Galadriel, Lady Redeemed in the starting lineup as she isn't X-listed in this Block (Giving me another Elf for Blades Drawn). I do agree that the Rohirrim Helm would probably be something I would want to stay away from, and I really like the idea of Aaragon DoFP in the deck (I'll probably try both him and Greenleaf in the deck). I'll try and get a preliminary deck up as soon as I can. I appreciate the help.

June 03, 2009, 05:35:41 PM
Reply #5

Imrahil

• Information Offline
  • Troll
« Reply #5 on: June 03, 2009, 05:35:41 PM »
but LR plus Arwen and Legolas (three elves), Aragorn, Eowyn and a ringbearer would have you sitting pretty at six companions.

That is not a good idea unless you want to be doing a lot of manuever wounding, which you are probably not wanting to do if this is a skirmish deck.
Never under any circumstances take a sleeping pill and a laxative on the same night.

-Dave Barry

June 03, 2009, 08:34:27 PM
Reply #6

Majin Saitoh

• Information Offline
  • Orc
« Reply #6 on: June 03, 2009, 08:34:27 PM »
Imrahil - True enough. I'll see what I can do about that. Thanks for the tip, though.

June 03, 2009, 10:45:49 PM
Reply #7

SomeRandomDude

• Information Offline
  • Maia
  • Most Likely To Usurp Kralik and Dáin
    • My Wordpress
« Reply #7 on: June 03, 2009, 10:45:49 PM »
I like rainbow fellowships. You could pack a couple of Gondor men with Hardy Garrison, perhaps Aragorn with his bow and a reflections ring-bearer, then run the Legolas, Fearless Marksman with Eowyn and Arwen, perhaps Pippin, Wearer of Black and Silver and Rohirrim Guard for multiple initiative losing capabilities. Merry, Swordthain combined with more Rohan weapons could work for losing initiative up to 3 times easy and you could also run A Light In His Mind and Glimpse of Fate for more initiative craziness. HiDaN is good to if you want to run a pair of Gondor men with your Rohan guys, then you could just add a utility companion for healing or something. Perhaps The Shire Countryside with A Light In His Mind or something like that.
NB- 4 year veteran of CC/TLHH

"It was like:
Kralik: "What hath God wrought"
NB: "I dunno, but I'm in ur house eating ur food.""
-Elessar's Socks

Trade List- ft. Aragorn, Defender of Rohan

June 04, 2009, 05:09:43 AM
Reply #8

Ringbearer

• Information Offline
  • Marksman
« Reply #8 on: June 04, 2009, 05:09:43 AM »
Start gimli and play Great Day Great Hour. Ring of fury and his axe make gimli damage + alot, which helps. Both Queen of Elves and Men, as well as Lady of Ithilien work well with this.

June 04, 2009, 09:37:33 AM
Reply #9

Majin Saitoh

• Information Offline
  • Orc
« Reply #9 on: June 04, 2009, 09:37:33 AM »
NBarden - I like the idea of Help in Doubt and Need, so I'll definitely give it more thought.

Ringbearer - Thanks for the suggestion, but I don't like Gimli too much (unless I pair him up with Legolas); although your idea does seem pretty good for high damage output.

I generally like to play anything with a theme behind it as far as non-tournament play is concerned, so I'm probably going to go with:
-Arwen, Queen of Elves and Men
-Eowyn, Lady of Ithilien
-Aragorn, Defender of Free Peoples

Does anyone have an idea as to what can be used for Aragorn's Regroup ability (Remove a Rohan Token), I do like:
-We Left None Alive

Again, I'm going to try and get a preliminary Fellowship up as soon as possible (I'm going to see if I can trade a  Foil Double Shot I have for some of it, as I see most people are looking for it).

Thanks to both of you for the help.
« Last Edit: June 04, 2009, 09:56:52 AM by Majin Saitoh »

June 05, 2009, 08:53:10 AM
Reply #10

Majin Saitoh

• Information Offline
  • Orc
« Reply #10 on: June 05, 2009, 08:53:10 AM »
I'm actually finding it difficult to find enough cards to try and use Aragorn's effect.
The Elf Effect I have:
-Agility (Even though I don't like it too much)
-Strength of Arms

The Rohan Effect I have:
-We Left None Alive
-Fortress Never Fallen

June 07, 2009, 02:43:50 PM
Reply #11

Imrahil

• Information Offline
  • Troll
« Reply #11 on: June 07, 2009, 02:43:50 PM »
Strength of Arms is my favourite, though you could use Uncertain Future or Secluded HomesteadInside a Song and Trust are also amazing for that deck, because they allow you, in order, to get a token and a powerup for the price of an exertion, and get a plus 2 bump and a heal while you can spot a token.

The Bloodlines Asfaloth also works witth the token them.

For Rohan, all you have to do is get Eowyn a horsey and you can use Border Patrol, for an instant three tokens.  Because of the nature of Aragorn's rohan effect, I don't think you'll be using it more than three or four times a game, but I could be wrong.  Bear in mind that if Eowyn kills the minion she's fighting with her effect, she will automatically win the skirmish, so that would be a token on Fortress, which doubles as excellent condition removal in a pinch.

Just don't let too many tokens build up on one card, because condition removal could really hurt this deck.

-Dave Barry

June 08, 2009, 05:38:51 PM
Reply #12

Majin Saitoh

• Information Offline
  • Orc
« Reply #12 on: June 08, 2009, 05:38:51 PM »
Imrahil - Thanks, I appreciate the help. I was trying to keep this Movie Block as that's all I have. But after further consideration, I'm probably just going to play the Elf deck I wanted to make in the first place.

June 09, 2009, 07:02:14 PM
Reply #13

Imrahil

• Information Offline
  • Troll
« Reply #13 on: June 09, 2009, 07:02:14 PM »
oops, got a little carried away.  For movie, I'd just stuck with Fortress and Strength of Arms.

-Dave Barry