LotR TCG Wiki → Card Sets:  All 0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 → Forums:  TLHH CC

Author Topic: Boromir and Family  (Read 4818 times)

August 11, 2009, 03:23:26 AM
Read 4818 times

Anautikus

• Information Offline
  • Ranger
  • Life isn't a dress rehearsal.
Boromir and Family
« on: August 11, 2009, 03:23:26 AM »
I'm fixing up my [Gondor] tank deck; thoughts?

Companions/Followers:
Boromir, BoC
The One Ring, AtaR
Faramir, CoG
Denethor, LoMT
Aragorn, KiE
Elendil, TT

Possessions/Artifacts:
Blade of Gondor
Faramir's Sword
Gondorian Blade x2
Ranger's Cloak x3
Ring of Barahir
Narsil, BotF
The Shards of Narsil
Scroll of Isildur
Sapling of the White Tree x3
Aragorn's Bow

Conditions:
The Saga of Elendil
Heirs of Gondor
Noble Leaders x2
Soldier's Cache
Houses of Healing
Boromir, my Brother

Events:
Still Sharp x4
War and Valor x3
Banners Blowing x3
Hidden Knowledge

Total (37)

Basic strategy: beast your companions, win all skirmishes, double heal w/ Gorn (nabbed w/ The Prancing Pony) and his Ring of Barahir (can get w/ Denethor if needed), then lather, rinse, and repeat.

A little big, but I paired it w/ [Moria] Swarms and it seems to work nicely. Everything usually leaves my hand during both FP and Shadow. Sadly, I always get a Shadow kill, so I never fully test out the FP. Critiques? I thought of taking out some pumps to put in Guarded City and maybe another Heirs of Gondor; would that be wise? There are quite a bit of possessions, so Guarded City could overload HoG and Noble Leaders. What do you guys think?

« Last Edit: August 11, 2009, 03:30:56 AM by Anautikus »
"Do yourself a favor; never try to send a grappling hook through the post office."

Trade List

August 11, 2009, 03:48:28 AM
Reply #1

Anautikus

• Information Offline
  • Ranger
Re: Boromir and Family
« Reply #1 on: August 11, 2009, 03:48:28 AM »
Well, with Faramir and Denethor starting, Aragorn pulled with the Pony, the only real item that would require stacking would be Narsil, and depending on the situation, I often times play it on Gorn or even Boromir. Denethor also helps me immensely at site 3 :)
"Do yourself a favor; never try to send a grappling hook through the post office."

Trade List

August 11, 2009, 05:30:22 AM
Reply #2

Gil-Estel

• Information Offline
  • King
  • Abuser of the Force
« Reply #2 on: August 11, 2009, 05:30:22 AM »
Yeah Anautikus, what is this? Deckbuilding Dain-Style? He is the one that builds huge decks, but you should know better :mrgreen:
..."Elves seldom give unguarded advice, for advice is a dangerous gift, even from the wise to the wise, and all courses may run ill"...

August 11, 2009, 06:58:52 AM
Reply #3

Gil-Estel

• Information Offline
  • King
  • Abuser of the Force
« Reply #3 on: August 11, 2009, 06:58:52 AM »
I think Ring of Barahir is wildly over-rated, by the way.
-wtk

Ring of Barahir is awesome!! It is a great way to make double use out of conditions. Their own purpose and now to heal as well. Artifact so that is good, if only it had a strength/vitality bonus....sigh....
..."Elves seldom give unguarded advice, for advice is a dangerous gift, even from the wise to the wise, and all courses may run ill"...

August 11, 2009, 11:46:43 AM
Reply #4

Anautikus

• Information Offline
  • Ranger
« Reply #4 on: August 11, 2009, 11:46:43 AM »
lol Dain's style reflects on me :( We just like putting it all in.
Grima's whatever; I can handle a little hand clog for a turn. The ring is quite awesome. I never liked Flame of the West cuz then he can't hold his bow, and I don't have the money for StwB.

Oh yea, I usually nab Shards w/ Denethor, along with either scrolls, or Noble Leaders (whatever I'm feeling at the moment). Stacking and Still Sharp do go a long way. I think I'm gonna try the Guarded City approach to Noble Leaders and Heirs of Gondor. Test it out, see how effective it is in this particular deck.

Trade List

August 11, 2009, 04:23:55 PM
Reply #5

Yanko Markovic

• Information Offline
  • Bowman
« Reply #5 on: August 11, 2009, 04:23:55 PM »
I know I'm going off topic, but, is there any way you can splash Gandalf culture here? I've tested Gondor/Gandalf decks with the Gondor part like this, but they never worked out really well, although I'd love sooo much to have a Gondor beatdown with Gandalf splash! Please, can someone tell how to splash Gandalf here?
"To ask if Orcs "are" Communists is to me as sensible as asking if Communists are Orcs." - JRR Tolkien, regarding his "allegory".

August 14, 2009, 02:58:37 AM
Reply #6

Anautikus

• Information Offline
  • Ranger

Trade List