LotR TCG Wiki → Card Sets:  All 0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 → Forums:  TLHH CC

Author Topic: The Last Homely House - Rules and Guidelines  (Read 1454 times)

June 06, 2008, 06:43:38 PM
Read 1454 times

DáinIronfoot

• Bearded Axeman
  • Information Offline
  • Maia
  • Never tickle a Dwarf!
The Last Homely House - Rules and Guidelines
« on: June 06, 2008, 06:43:38 PM »
I really hate to have to do this at all, but in light of some...uh...developments during the last week, the moderation team and I have put together some simple guidelines for general forum usage. Some forums have their own special rules thread, so be sure to check those out as well if you have any questions.

In general, just use your head and everything will be just fine. For 99.9% of us, I don't imagine there will be anything even CLOSE to breaking these rules. But again, in response to some unwanted activity we've already seen here, I think it's prudent to cover everything in detail, just in case. So here we go....

• No flaming or name calling. Harassment or abuse directed towards anyone will not be tolerated. Be respectful of your fellow forumers. This applies to ALL users, regardless of post count, forum rank, or perceived status. Communicating on a message board is different from face-to-face communication. Only the words are seen, not your facial expressions or tone of voice. Please pay careful attention to how you use your words. Don't attack people.

• Do not post any material which is knowingly false and/or defamatory, abusive, vulgar, hateful, harassing, obscene, profane, sexually oriented, threatening, invasive of a person's privacy, or violative of any law. Don't say or do things you wouldn't say in person simply because you're protected behind the internet. Just use common sense, and if you have a question about something you wish to post that might be considered "borderline", PM one of the admins or mods with a good argument and we'll talk about it.

Spam, in its many and varied forms, will be dealt with. One line posts, posts with only a picture or punctuation marks and especially those not fitting into the context of the thread it is in are basic examples.

• Do not post any graphical LOTR TCG material that was not created by Decipher. Text-based "dream cards" and such are not only allowed, but encouraged...we have a whole forum for them, in fact. But altered card images are not allowed as they may violate the copyrights of New Line Cinema and/or Decipher Inc.

• No SHOUTING. It's rude and annoying. Typing in ALL CAPS may result in your post being deleted. Same applies for AlTeRnAcApS. Please keep in mind that the reason you are posting is so that others can read what you have written, so don't make it such a challenge, eh?

• No hacking of ANY kind. This includes (but is not limited to) attempting to reset member passwords or otherwise access accounts that are not your own, attempting to access moderator or administrator controls, trying to "break" a thread or forum with oversized images or run-on text, attempting to increase your post or gold counts outside of the normal means (like, say, making useful and insightful posts?), uploading or linking to any potentially damaging data (including through PMs), or attempting to circumvent a current ban in any way. This includes setting up multiple accounts. Multiple accounts will be immediately banned, and place your main account under considerable scrutiny. Again, this list is FAR from exhaustive, so don't think that hacking is okay just because you might be using a method not listed here. Don't try it. Period. :cop:

• Respect your "elders". The administrators and moderators aren't here to keep you from having fun...we're here to make sure TLHH is a place where you CAN have fun! :mrgreen: Sometimes (hopefully rarely), that means we'll have to take action, and you may or may not agree with it. Feel free to let us know if that occurs, but again, please be respectful. A peaceful and dignified complaint is one thing, but yelling or saying things that might get you in trouble in the first place in your "defense" probably won't help you out much, and may lead to further action.

• Violating these rules is, obviously, not recommended. We're not going to crack down whenever simple arguments break out or snide little comments are made, but persistently attacking or going overboard in one of the ways listed above WILL lead to action by the moderators and/or administrators, possibly including editing/deleting portions of posts (or even entire threads), reduction in gold counts, and/or temporary banning from the forums (either in part or in full). Persistent repeat offenders, or those that engage in behavior damaging to other member accounts or the forums themselves, can and will be banned permanently. No excuses.

Again...common sense, folks. It's very easy. Now let's get back to frivolity, eh? ;)
« Last Edit: March 23, 2011, 10:57:33 PM by TheJord »
Best regards,
Dáin

Check out Lasting Alliances and The Road Ahead, my two completed DC sets, and also The Way Into Mordor (in progress), all part of my 5-set Wars of the Ring DC "block".

March 06, 2011, 09:13:11 PM
Reply #1

TheJord

• League Director
  • Information Offline
  • King
  • High King of Rules
    • GamesCobra
Re: The Last Homely House - Rules and Guidelines
« Reply #1 on: March 06, 2011, 09:13:11 PM »
Please read
"The rule of Gondor is mine!"