LotR TCG Wiki → Card Sets:  All 0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 → Forums:  TLHH CC

Author Topic: A Quest for a Culture - Ring-bound Rangers.  (Read 11167 times)

August 24, 2009, 01:36:28 PM
Reply #15

Thranduil

• Information Offline
  • Wizard
    • Zalman's Dungeon (blog of SF stories by Thranduil)
Re: A Quest for a Culture - Murderers!
« Reply #15 on: August 24, 2009, 01:36:28 PM »
I reworded the pre-game hand-builder because it dawned on me that one deck can actually run two quests: one FP and one Shadow. Under this kind of wording, it just subtracts from the starting hand size.
I was actually going to question that, so thanks for specifying.

(0) The Horsemen Took Your Lands! [Dunland]
Quest (Front)
Take 3 non-unique [Dunland] minions of strength 7 or less into hand from your draw deck; your starting hand is 3 cards less.
For remainder of game, each time you take control of a site, you may discard a [Dunland] Man to add a threat.
While this side up, at the start of your shadow phase, you may shuffle 2 [Dunland] Men from hand into your draw deck to play a [Dunland] condition or [Dunland] support area possession from your draw deck. The Free Peoples player must first add [3] to liberate a site. Each Free Peoples fortification is twilight cost +1.
Flip this quest if the number of sites you control and cards in the dead pile totals 5 or more.

[7] We Will Die For Saruman [Dunland]
Quest (Back)
While this side up, threats may not be removed by Free Peoples cards. Each time a [Dunland] Man wins a skirmish, you may discard that Man to make the Free Peoples player wound a companion or discard 2 Free Peoples cards from hand. Each time you play a [Dunland] Man from a site you control, you may take a [Dunland] Man into hand from your discard pile.
Flip this quest if you cannot spot a [Dunland] Man and the fellowship moves during the regroup phase.
Threat adding is cool, but it's a little bit pathetic. First you have to take control of a site, then you have to lose a minion? A bit much methinks. I would also like to see some support for the Dunlending strategy of playing guys during the skirmish phase, rather than perhaps from sites you control (are there in fact any dunlendings that stack on sites?). Plus, doesn't 5 between sites and dead pile look a bit high - 2 site Dunland, with obviously 2 sites, needs 3 dead companios to flip the quest, by which time you're probably already set up and winning.

Also, isn't the starting side supposed to have some disadvantage? And given the title is about taking your lands, couldn't it help site liberation in some way (with perhaps a different flip text)?

Thrandy ;)

August 27, 2009, 10:56:54 AM
Reply #16

sickofpalantirs

• Information Offline
  • Useful Spammer
  • one spammer to rule them all
« Reply #16 on: August 27, 2009, 10:56:54 AM »
there are 2-3 that stack on sites if I remember correctly.

the first one is rather wordy.  do you really need the fortification part?
Felipe Musco:
(after all, it's a CHARITY organization, I still have SOME principles, even having gone through Law School... :P),
Elf Lvr:
Bit of a scrawny Iowan kid with an unhealthy artifact obsession. Oh, and a God of Spam. In a good way.
Ahhh!!! SoP, you're a genius!!! :gp: ~Menace64
SoP's Trade List
Like Muscle Cars? Check out themusclecarplace.com

July 23, 2020, 03:45:03 PM
Reply #17

menace64

• The Late-Night Moderator
  • Information Offline
  • Knight
  • Global Mod
  • Bruce Campbell is my father.
« Reply #17 on: July 23, 2020, 03:45:03 PM »
cough cough cough

The Ring Will Go to Gondor
Gondor Quest (Front)
Your Ring-bearer must be Frodo. Your starting fellowship must include Sam.
While this side up, each time the fellowship moves, you may exert a Ring-bound Hobbit to play a Ring-bound ranger from your draw deck. At the start of each assignment phase, discard Sméagol to remove a threat.
Flip this quest at the start of the regroup phase if you spot 4 Ring-bound rangers and Frodo is exhausted.

You Must Let Me Go
Gondor Quest (Back)
While this side up, you may add a burden at the start of each turn to heal a Ring-bound ranger. Faramir is strength +1 for each wound on the Ring-bearer. Each time a Ring-bound companion is assigned to a skirmish, you may exert Faramir to discard a Shadow possession borne by a minion. Each time Faramir wins a skirmish in region 2 or 3 while bearing no Shadow cards, shuffle up to 4 [Gondor] and/or [Shire] cards from your discard pile into your draw deck.
Place this quest out of play if Sam dies.