LotR TCG Wiki → Card Sets:  All 0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 → Forums:  TLHH CC

Author Topic: Ednew+Gandalf+Wounding  (Read 4725 times)

August 30, 2009, 04:34:32 AM
Read 4725 times

Anautikus

• Information Offline
  • Ranger
  • Life isn't a dress rehearsal.
Ednew+Gandalf+Wounding
« on: August 30, 2009, 04:34:32 AM »
So I was sitting here, and I had an idea! I saw Theoden, Ednew, and his resistance ability, and imagined an Ednew+Gandalf deck. Throw in some Hobbits and a Shadowplay here and there, and you're good to go. And with all the talk of SftF, I thought maybe I could try it out as well. One problem, it's too big right now and at this hour, I'm not really thinking so I don't know what to cut. But here's the idea!

Companions/Followers:
*Frodo, RH; The One Ring, RoR
*Gandalf, LoM
*Aldred, Eored Soldier
*Merry, Swordthain
Theoden, Ednew
Eomer, Horsemaster
Rohirrim Guard x2
Gandalf, Powerful Guide (I have LotC, since I don't have PG)
Radagast, the Brown
Daddy Twofoot, Nextdoor Neighbor

Possessions/Artifacts:
Riddermark Javelin/Rohirrim Bow x3 (not sure what's the best option yet)
Snowmane, Noble Mearas
Firefoot
Brego
Herugrim, SotM
Shadowfax, GotM (I use Unequaled Steed for resistance)
Glamdring, FH
Gandalf's Staff

Conditions:
Sent Back
Hearken to Me
Brooding on Tomorrow
A Light in his Mind
Home and Hearth
G for Grand x3
Shadowplay x3

Events:
Unheeded x3
Saved From the Fire x4
(38)

A little big, but with SftF, it works nicely. Use SftF to burn Gandalf, and get PG, Sent Back, and another SftF. Next, burn Aldred and get Ednew and 2 other Rohan cards, depending on what you drew. If you drew a SftF as well, burn a Rohirrim Guard when you can to further set up. Shadowplay exerts, Rohirrim Javelins kill in archery, and G for Grand'ed companions finish minions off in skirmish. Use Merry to bring back your javelins and auto-heal. Use Brooding on Tomorrow and A Light in His Mind w/ the Guard+Merry for a double effect. Go 2nd if you want your plains sites out, or just run Nelya, Third of the Nine Riders. Radagast is thrown in for a 6-9 run; once your setup is ready, you'll tank/wound right through the sites.

*I need to refine it majorly! Now that I think about it, should I even keep SftF? Or just start Ednew and Merry and run 3-4 copies of Gandalf. All criticism is welcome :up:
« Last Edit: August 30, 2009, 04:26:34 PM by Anautikus »
"Do yourself a favor; never try to send a grappling hook through the post office."

Trade List

August 30, 2009, 04:21:30 PM
Reply #1

Gerontius

• Information Offline
  • Horseman
Re: Ednew+Gandalf+Wounding
« Reply #1 on: August 30, 2009, 04:21:30 PM »
i've done two like this, one's in Casual and the others somewhere in Expanded. It seems like you should cut some conditions and possessions, they don't all seem necessary. Also, you definitely need 4x Shadowplay, and 4x Rohirrim Bow instead of the Javelins. I would cut 2-3 SftF, and run 4x Gandalf. If you have space, look for some useful spells to capitalize off of PG's effect, or add Prolonged Struggle.
However, that may be straying a bit from your original idea. See what all you can do with it.

August 30, 2009, 04:28:51 PM
Reply #2

Anautikus

• Information Offline
  • Ranger
« Reply #2 on: August 30, 2009, 04:28:51 PM »
Rohirrim Guard is great, since it allows to activate Brooding on Tomorrow and A Light in his mind, then return Merry to hand, and if you want, use Brooding on Tomorrow again.

As for the other stuff, I'm still working on it.
"Do yourself a favor; never try to send a grappling hook through the post office."

Trade List

August 30, 2009, 04:39:15 PM
Reply #3

Anautikus

• Information Offline
  • Ranger
« Reply #3 on: August 30, 2009, 04:39:15 PM »
Hmm true; I just might :up:

Trade List

August 30, 2009, 04:41:44 PM
Reply #4

Elrohir

• Information Offline
  • Marksman
  • If you want him, come and claim him!
    • Elrohir wants some cards
« Reply #4 on: August 30, 2009, 04:41:44 PM »
The only cards you want in the deck are Gandalf and Theoden, Ednew? Do you have a special Ringbearer in mind, or a special culture, or a special idea for this deck? For example Shadowplay / Unheeded, Long live the Halflings / G for Grand etc..

I will post some ideas  then,
regards
You gave away your life's grace. I cannot protect you anymore.

August 30, 2009, 04:47:53 PM
Reply #5

Anautikus

• Information Offline
  • Ranger
« Reply #5 on: August 30, 2009, 04:47:53 PM »
I'm not too sure at the moment; I just thought of it last night.
I think Shadowplay/Unheeded would be very effective, but G for Grand goes well with Ednew's resistance boost while spotting Gandalf.

Trade List

August 30, 2009, 05:04:00 PM
Reply #6

Elrohir

• Information Offline
  • Marksman
  • If you want him, come and claim him!
    • Elrohir wants some cards
« Reply #6 on: August 30, 2009, 05:04:00 PM »
Well, we need a ringbearer and the starting fellowship, in this case, first.

We have:
Galadriel, Bow  Theoden, Ednew  Eomer, Forthwith Banished (Gandalf Returned, Shadowfax, GotM, condition discard, Healing, archery wounding....)
Gandalf, BoO Theoden, Ednew Merry, Swordhain  :-k
Frodo, Little Master Eowyn, Northwoman, Eomer, Horsemaster (2x Gandalf, Erkenbrands Shield!, Theoden, Last days of my house...)

and so much more!
What do you think?
You gave away your life's grace. I cannot protect you anymore.