LotR TCG Wiki → Card Sets:  All 0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 → Forums:  TLHH CC

Author Topic: Rainbow Wounding & Moria  (Read 6297 times)

November 20, 2009, 11:27:46 AM
Read 6297 times

TheJord

• League Director
  • Information Offline
  • King
  • High King of Rules
    • GamesCobra
« Last Edit: November 20, 2009, 02:37:21 PM by TheJord »
"The rule of Gondor is mine!"

November 20, 2009, 02:23:21 PM
Reply #1

ket_the_jet

• Information Offline
  • King
  • Administrator
  • He/Him/His
Re: Rainbow Wounding & Moria
« Reply #1 on: November 20, 2009, 02:23:21 PM »
I wanted to put something constructive, but I just can't. It seems pretty good all around. The Splendor of Their Banners will wound some more and Might of Numenor might be a good idea.

Why not Aragorn, Elessar Telcontar and Brego for extra healing?

As for the Shadow, I will never call out someone else's [Moria] side, but I will always think mine is best. Guard Commander is much better than Ancient Chieftain, Drop Host of Thousands for Goblin Sneak, and add a Goblin Swarms. Goblin Flankers never seems like a good idea to me.
-wtk

November 20, 2009, 02:37:46 PM
Reply #2

TheJord

• League Director
  • Information Offline
  • King
  • High King of Rules
    • GamesCobra
« Reply #2 on: November 20, 2009, 02:37:46 PM »
Aragorn, ET was supposed to be in there
"The rule of Gondor is mine!"

November 20, 2009, 03:06:29 PM
Reply #3

ket_the_jet

• Information Offline
  • King
  • Administrator
  • He/Him/His
« Reply #3 on: November 20, 2009, 03:06:29 PM »
Bonus action with Preparations and Slaked Thirsts...also avoid Enquea just in case you are getting a little reckless with your companions...
-wtk

November 20, 2009, 11:43:31 PM
Reply #4

Gil-Estel

• Information Offline
  • King
  • Abuser of the Force
« Reply #4 on: November 20, 2009, 11:43:31 PM »
Yeah, I'd rather run Preparations with Slaked Thirsts + Feared Axeman. That way if someone runs Saruman's Power, you are not totally wasted with your deck. OTher than that it looks impressive. I love rainbow decks, the more cultures involved, the better to me.
..."Elves seldom give unguarded advice, for advice is a dangerous gift, even from the wise to the wise, and all courses may run ill"...

November 21, 2009, 08:43:32 AM
Reply #5

Cw0rk

• Information Offline
  • Knight
« Reply #5 on: November 21, 2009, 08:43:32 AM »
I'd like to see another Aragorn's bow in there.I think 4 Host of thousand are a bit too much... I would run only 3 or 2 of these.

November 21, 2009, 12:00:05 PM
Reply #6

Alazzar

• Information Offline
  • Scout
« Reply #6 on: November 21, 2009, 12:00:05 PM »
I've personally never been a huge fan of Host of Thousands outside of Moria Archery (where it's more about getting specific minions out than just getting sheer numbers).  The only crappy thing about Host of Thousands is that you might not have any Orcs in your discard pile at site 4 (or at least, not as many Orcs as you have Hosts in hand).  Site 4 is pretty big for Moria -- it's the first site where you're not roaming, and it's entirely possible your opponent isn't yet prepared to see more minions than companions.  It sucks having your opponent move to site 4 and having 4 Orcs and 2 Hosts in hand, when you have 0-1 Orcs in your discard pile.

I'd personally switch the Hosts to Moria Scouts.  It may even be worth including a Host of Moria or two just to get some conditions back if you run into a GST or something, but even that's not something I really do in my "standard" Moria setup (or at least, I don't think I do... haven't played basic Moria in ages), so it's really up to the deckbuilder's preference.

I'll echo the thoughts on the Goblin Flankers.  The beautiful thing about Moria is that it's one of those few Shadows that's capable of killing on a single move at any given site.  You shouldn't have to use up deck slots on a card that's centered around your opponent double-moving, imo.

Also, I've personally never been much of a Goblin Backstabber man, but to be fair, I've never really given them a fair chance.  Maybe they're awesome.  I don't know!

I'll also agree with Ket on Sneaks.  Sneaks are great, especially if you can get 1-2 copies of The Underdeeps of Moria into your deck.

I'm not sure what the meta is like for movie block, but if you need to get rid of Dwarf/Elf cards, then I suppose the Scrabbler and Warrior are good additions.  Can't really comment on it for sure, as I don't play movie block (which makes you wonder what authority I feel I have to be posting on a movie block thread, eh?).

So, in summary, I'd recommend this for the Shadow:

-4 Host of Thousands
-2 Ancient Chieftain
-3 Goblin Backstabber
-2 Goblin Flankers

+4 Moria Scout
+4 Goblin Sneak
+2 Underdeeps of Moria
+1 Host of Moria/Guard/Commander/Goblin Swarms/Whatever

November 21, 2009, 12:02:58 PM
Reply #7

Alazzar

• Information Offline
  • Scout
« Reply #7 on: November 21, 2009, 12:02:58 PM »
Whoops, I forgot to mention one big thing... you have no crowd control in the deck!  Maybe that last slot that I gave to Host of Moria/Guard Commander/Etc. should go to Enquea.  Take out a Greenleaf or Ranger of the North or something!

November 21, 2009, 08:34:06 PM
Reply #8

ket_the_jet

• Information Offline
  • King
  • Administrator
  • He/Him/His
« Reply #8 on: November 21, 2009, 08:34:06 PM »
All good thoughts Alazzar. I will echo my thoughts that my [Moria] shadow is the best and most efficient ever built.
-wtk

November 22, 2009, 01:31:03 PM
Reply #9

Gil-Estel

• Information Offline
  • King
  • Abuser of the Force
« Reply #9 on: November 22, 2009, 01:31:03 PM »
All good thoughts Alazzar. I will echo my thoughts that my [Moria] shadow is the best and most efficient ever built.
-wtk

Quite a statement, quite a statement indeed :). I will not debate results, but I guess there are a lot of Moria builds, that all can be titled good.
..."Elves seldom give unguarded advice, for advice is a dangerous gift, even from the wise to the wise, and all courses may run ill"...

November 22, 2009, 10:09:33 PM
Reply #10

Alazzar

• Information Offline
  • Scout
« Reply #10 on: November 22, 2009, 10:09:33 PM »
-wtk

Is your last name Malboeuf?  =P