LotR TCG Wiki → Card Sets:  All 0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 → Forums:  TLHH CC

Author Topic: Ent Swarm and the ultimate Witch-King  (Read 4284 times)

December 05, 2009, 06:56:14 AM
Read 4284 times

Witchkingx5

• Information Offline
  • Knight
Ent Swarm and the ultimate Witch-King
« on: December 05, 2009, 06:56:14 AM »
Well then, here it goes:

1x Frodo, Reluctant Adventurer] RB
1xThe One Ring, Such a Weight to carry

Freeps:

2xTreebeard, Guardian of the Forest
1x Host of Fangorn
1x Skinbark, Fladrif
1x Birchseed, Tall Statesman
1x Quickbeam, Bregalad
1x Forest Guardian
1x Huorn
2x Sam, Great Elf Warrior
1x Pippin, in the Bloom of Health
1x Merry, From O'er the Brandywine

1x Sting, Weapon of Heritage
1x Merry's dagger
1x Pippin's Dagger
2x Hobbit Sword
1x Horn of the Mark

2x Enraged
2x Ent Draught
3x Make Haste
2x Long slow Wrath
2x Boomed and Trumeted
1x A Wizard is never late

Shadow:

1x Sauron, The lord of the Rings
2x The Witch-King, Lord of the Nazgul
2x The Witch-King, Black Lord
2x Ulaire Toldea, Wraith on Wings
1x Ulaire Attea, Black Predator
3x Ulaire Nelya, Third of the Nine Riders
1x Ulaire Otsea, Thrall of the one
1x Ulaire Lemenya, Thrall of the one
1x Black Rider
1x The Witch-King's Beast, Fell Creature
3x Fell Beast
3x Nazgûl Blade
1x The Pale Blade, Sword of Flame
1x Ring of Asperity
1x Ring of Hate
2x In the Ringwraith's Wake
2x Drawn to it's Power
1x Bent on Discovery
1x Blade Tip

Aventure Path:

The Angle
Anduin River
Flats of Rohan
North Undeep
Trollshaw Forest
Valley of the Silverlode
Farmer Maggot's Field
Anduin Confluence
Morgulduin

First, you sure think: what the #$&*@! is that?!
Quite simple, it's a Ent Swarm / Nazgul OTK.
All Yu-Gi-Oh players will know, but for the others, OTK means One-Turn-Kill, and that's what this Deck is about.
See, the most powerful card is The Witch-King, Lord of the Nazgul, but the only Problem is, that he isn't fierce. So, the main strategy is to confuse the opponent with Cards like In the Ringwraith's Wake and make him think that you play a Nazgul-Corruption and with The Witch-King, Black Lord in your hand, you just weaken the ringbearer so that that you can kill him with The Witch-King, Lord of the Nazgul in just one round.
And even if this plan doesn't work, just kill him with cards like Black Rider.
I know that this Deck seems quite strange cus' of all these Random Cards, but finally, using a OTK Deck, you need to prepare your final strike, so there are many tricks and Combos just to make the opponent sure he's playing against a usual Nazgul Deck.
But in round 3 or 4, you play The Witch-King, Lord of the Nazgul, and if the Ring-Bearer isn't wounded, just play a Fell Beast to give him fierce ftw.

As you can see the main strategy is the Shadow one. But the freeps one is nice to, giving you enough time to do your OTK. With tons of companions during the first few round, it's difficult to break trough the Ent-Wall. The most important thing is Synergy. I'll give some examples:
Sam, Great Elf Warrior + Sting, Weapon of Heritage => removing Burdens => so The One Ring, Such a Weight to carry is prefect in this Deck.
Exertion abilities of Ents and Events to exert the unbound Hobbits + Make Haste
With such a powerful defense you've got more then enough time to win with the Shadow side, eliminating one after the other with your Witch-King.

I'm more than open for questions and suggestions.

Witchkingx5

December 05, 2009, 12:47:38 PM
Reply #1

jdizzy001

• Information Offline
  • Knight
Re: Ent Swarm and the ultimate Witch-King
« Reply #1 on: December 05, 2009, 12:47:38 PM »
I like the idea, but ket has a point
*All posts made by jdizzy001, regardless of the thread in which they appear, are expressions of his own opinion and as such are not representative of views shared by any third party unless expressly acknowledged as such by said party.

I play LOTR SBG look at my minis!
http://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.124731667611081.33577.100002227457509&l=aeb5fa3bdd

December 05, 2009, 01:28:43 PM
Reply #2

Witchkingx5

• Information Offline
  • Knight
« Reply #2 on: December 05, 2009, 01:28:43 PM »
So, here I am, back again.
I don't know why the links didnt work, I linked them all correctly...
But you see, I just fear Enquea, so I play:
Pippin+Merry+Forest Guardian+Skinbark
You see, I've got five and when anyone dies, I just replace him and I don't have to care about Enquea
Why do you think it doesn't work? Just play Witch-King + Fell Beast and voilà, OTK
(maybe some cards that pull off the ring, but mostly not necessary cus' the opponent doesn't wear the ring when he thinks that I play a Corruption Deck  ;)  )
And, for one more reason, it's fun so I like this Nazgul only Deck with one Sauron and, (which is the main problem), even if it seems strange, I don't have enough money to Get Gollum, etc.
but pretty cool ideas, I think I will proxy the Deck and try it.

But as you maybe know, I am playing many different tcg's like Yu-Gi-Oh! (I own 3000 Cards and am playing a Cat-Gladi know), MtG (5500 Cards, playing a belcher) and Star Wars tcg (only 1500 Cards).
But the problem is, that I live in Switzerland (Zürich) and nobody plays lotr tcg in Zürich, you can't even buy it, so get all my cards in Prague (Czech Republic) but I try to play with my cousin in Prague.

And with all these different tcgs, I now see many thinks from a different point of view than before, when I started to play Lotr tcg. I often try to mix different strategies from different tcgs and thisDeck has a little bit of MtG, playing some random to confuse my opponent so that he sarts to figure out a strategy against me, and then, surprise him with an OTK and also something of Yu-Gi-Oh, with cards like A Wizard is never late
cus' in Yu-Gi-Oh, Synergy and Combos are pretty important.
So, you see, I didn't just mix some cards together, I mixed some tcg-strategies  ;)

Witchkingx5

December 07, 2009, 06:47:13 AM
Reply #3

Witchkingx5

• Information Offline
  • Knight
« Reply #3 on: December 07, 2009, 06:47:13 AM »
Thanks a lot for all these tricks and help, I'm just trying to build a Eowyn/Greenleaf Deck as Freeps and similar Shadows as you supposed, I think I'll post it later, but I think I'll re-build my freeps and Shadow.
But you've seen the main problem of playing a Nazgûl Deck which I am to trying to handle with for a long time: Events and Possesions. I mean, if there were any playable "pushing" events, Nazguls could become overpowered, but when I play against may cousin and his Gimli-Hunter freeps, the only way to win is Sauron, cus' a Hunter-Gimli+Axe of Erebor+Hand Axe+Ring=14 Strength guy, and with a couple of events like the one with two Axes that gives +4 strength (I always forget the name) or Axe Strike, my poor Witch-King doesn't stand any chances.
I mean, playing Fell Beast is nice, but you lose two additional cards by playing it.
Another problem is that I know most of the cards until Black Rider, cus' after BR, they stopped releasing Lotr Tcg in Switzerland, so I had no idea what was going on..
But Im pleased to see that there are still people out there playing lotr tcg, cus' it really is my favourite tcg.

Witchkingx5