LotR TCG Wiki → Card Sets:  All 0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 → Forums:  TLHH CC

Author Topic: Deck-Building Super Challenge! (9/16: 3rd Challenge Voting Underway!)  (Read 52562 times)

August 28, 2008, 12:51:38 PM
Reply #75

Anvar

• Information Offline
  • Marksman
  • Tzeentch's Chosen

Although these decks, it seems that most of them simply are rainbow decks without really focussing on Friend of the Shirefolk. This is why I have rated 5 so high, as it focussed on more than one feature of Friend of the Shirefolk, not just his strength but also his signet.

Loved the competition, looking forward to the next round.

Anvar
"There are worlds out there where the sky is burning, and the sea's asleep, and the rivers dream; people made of smoke and cities made of song. Somewhere there's danger, somewhere there's injustice, somewhere else the tea's getting cold. Come on, Ace. We've got work to do."
-Doctor Who

August 28, 2008, 01:05:05 PM
Reply #76

FingolfinFinwe

• Information Offline
  • Marksman
Can I vote if I didn't participate?

If so:

August 28, 2008, 01:59:11 PM
Reply #77

Elessar's Socks

• Information Offline
  • Knight
  • "I see...I look foul and feel foul. Is that it?"
This is why I have rated 5 so high, as it focussed on more than one feature of Friend of the Shirefolk, not just his strength but also his signet.
Same here. As a baseline I try to reward the use of the specific version first (Friend of the Shirefolk), and then the general use of the character (Gandalf). Since the decks all run the full number of races the lines are blurred a bit, but basically I chose 5 for using the Frodo signet, 6 for Gandalf-centered tricks, and 1 for using Trust Me as You Once Did.

I guess others would have different ways of looking at this challenge, though--one thing I do try to keep in mind is viability, so that's sort of a wild card. But hopefully they all balance out. :lol:

August 28, 2008, 02:02:23 PM
Reply #78

NappyKorn

• Information Offline
  • Knight
  • The ShizKnight

even though I didn't get a deck together this round. I will try my best to get more involved next round guys, sorry.
If a Balrog falls from a bridge and noone is around, does it make a sound?

August 28, 2008, 06:22:09 PM
Reply #79

MR. Lurtzy

• Information Offline
  • King
  • Wouldn't it be nice if we were Hodor?
    • My website

September 01, 2008, 10:42:46 AM
Reply #80

DáinIronfoot

• Bearded Axeman
  • Information Offline
  • Maia
  • Never tickle a Dwarf!
Re: Deck-Building Super Challenge! (8/27: 2nd Round voting is finally underway!)
« Reply #80 on: September 01, 2008, 10:42:46 AM »
Two days left to get in your votes. Thanks for the good turnout so far, but a few more would be great. [-o<
Best regards,
Dáin

Check out Lasting Alliances and The Road Ahead, my two completed DC sets, and also The Way Into Mordor (in progress), all part of my 5-set Wars of the Ring DC "block".

September 02, 2008, 12:36:38 PM
Reply #81

DáinIronfoot

• Bearded Axeman
  • Information Offline
  • Maia
  • Never tickle a Dwarf!
Re: Deck-Building Super Challenge! (8/27: 2nd Round voting is finally underway!)
« Reply #81 on: September 02, 2008, 12:36:38 PM »
Last day to vote! Don't miss out! Reward these fine contestants for their hard labor. =D>
Best regards,
Dáin

Check out Lasting Alliances and The Road Ahead, my two completed DC sets, and also The Way Into Mordor (in progress), all part of my 5-set Wars of the Ring DC "block".

September 02, 2008, 01:09:51 PM
Reply #82

GarrisonofGondor

• Information Offline
  • Marksman
  • Let the armies of Mordor know this....
« Reply #82 on: September 02, 2008, 01:09:51 PM »
 Can we vote if we submitted?
"Never Again, will the land of my people, fall into enemy hands! For Gondor! For Gondor! For Gondor!

https://lotrtcgwiki.com/forums/index.php?topic=426.120

September 02, 2008, 01:25:54 PM
Reply #83

DáinIronfoot

• Bearded Axeman
  • Information Offline
  • Maia
  • Never tickle a Dwarf!
« Reply #83 on: September 02, 2008, 01:25:54 PM »
Absolutely...that's encouraged, actually. :) Just don't vote for yourself.
Best regards,
Dáin

September 02, 2008, 01:27:55 PM
Reply #84

GarrisonofGondor

• Information Offline
  • Marksman
  • Let the armies of Mordor know this....
« Reply #84 on: September 02, 2008, 01:27:55 PM »
"Never Again, will the land of my people, fall into enemy hands! For Gondor! For Gondor! For Gondor!

https://lotrtcgwiki.com/forums/index.php?topic=426.120

September 04, 2008, 11:08:28 AM
Reply #85

DáinIronfoot

• Bearded Axeman
  • Information Offline
  • Maia
  • Never tickle a Dwarf!
Re: Deck-Building Super Challenge! (9/4: 3rd Challenge: Age's End Nazgul)
« Reply #85 on: September 04, 2008, 11:08:28 AM »
And my votes go:

So, with all votes I think we're going to get in, here's the breakdown:

Entry #5 - Dáin Ironfoot - 17
Entry #1 - Kralik - 10
Entry #6 - Anvar - 6
Entry #4 - MR. Lurtzy - 4
Entry #2 - Elessar's Socks - 4
Entry #3 - GarrisonofGondor - 1

And our total tally thus far in the contest:

Dáin Ironfoot - 24
Elessar's Socks - 19
Kralik - 15
NappyKorn - 15
Mr. Lurtzy - 8
Anvar - 6
Thranduil - 4
Gil-Estel - 4
GarrisonofGondor - 1

Remember, the winner of individual rounds isn't the end all and be all of this contest...only the person with the most cumulative points at the end is our winner. So if you aren't near the top yet, don't despair! Plenty of time left. :up: And if you're not in the contest yet and want to join, there's still plenty of time for YOU to catch up as well! Come one, come all! :mrgreen:

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

For now, though, time for Round 3...our first Shadow side challenge. :twisted:

This challenge is inspired by a recent inquiry I saw on the forums: we will be focusing on some of the lesser-used Nazgul from Age's End. Many know and love Dark Horseman and/or Dark Shadow, but some of the other Nazgul have fallen by the wayside. So, design a card around any one (or more) of the following:

As with all decks in this contest, your deck must not just contain the card(S), but actually USE them in a useful way.

Rules more specific to this round:

- You can use as many or as few copies in your deck as you wish (within LOTR TCG rules, of course), but you must include at least one copy of one of these Nazgul in your deck.
- Because these cards are from the Age's End, your deck can be Standard format or Expanded format, but other formats (Movie, War of the Ring block, etc.) are obviously out. (I do not think Age's End cards can legally be used in Hunters Block, but if I am wrong, please let me know and I will add that to the list as well.) Please do NOT use Open, as I'd prefer to cut down on the possibilities of vastly overpowered or outright broken decks. Whichever format you choose, you may obviously include any other eligible cards in your deck, obeying the X-list, R-list, and other established rules for that format.
- A Free Peoples side and sitepath are purely optional. If they benefit your Shadow side in some way, then it's probably best to include them, even if you only include details on specific FP cards and/or sites as opposed to a full listing of cards. But the only requirement is a Shadow decklist, with as much or as little detail on the cards therein as you want to take the time to type up.

Though you can make your deck as bland as you wish, remember that this is a CONTEST, so the more detail and the more "flair" you include in your deck and descriptions, the better, more than likely, for your chances of winning that round. For this round, it's probably best to make the most of lots of Nazgul (for Dark Lord and/or Dark Threat) or lots of twilight (Dark Predator) or lots of [Wraith] possessions (for Dark Enemy), but that, of course, is entirely up to you.

We'll allow a little over a week for this round, though if all submissions are in before then, we'll obviously start voting early, and if more time seems to be needed, we'll talk about extending the deadline. But for now, please PM your final deck to me by Friday, September 12th.

If you have not signed up and still want to join, you can still offically join in this thread...but all you really HAVE to do is send me a deck by the deadline. Doesn't matter if you're officially in or out: I'll accept any deck I recieve. Don't be shy! :ninja:

If you have any questions or concerns with the deck, deadline, or anything else, please don't hesitate to PM me or e-mail me at DainIronfoot47 AT hotmail DOT com. ;)

Good luck, and happy deckbuilding! ;D
Best regards,
Dáin

September 04, 2008, 07:52:28 PM
Reply #86

MR. Lurtzy

• Information Offline
  • King
  • Wouldn't it be nice if we were Hodor?
    • My website
These cards are rubbish.

September 04, 2008, 08:58:40 PM
Reply #87

Kralik

This is why I have rated 5 so high, as it focussed on more than one feature of Friend of the Shirefolk, not just his strength but also his signet.
Same here.

With all respect, now that the round is over, I would like to point out that the Frodo signet was a significant choice in my deck for the multi-exertion pipeweed healing combo with Frodo's Pipe / Trust Me As You Once Did. ;)

September 05, 2008, 08:27:46 AM
Reply #88

Anvar

• Information Offline
  • Marksman
  • Tzeentch's Chosen

With all respect, now that the round is over, I would like to point out that the Frodo signet was a significant choice in my deck for the multi-exertion pipeweed healing combo with Frodo's Pipe / Trust Me As You Once Did. ;)

Oops. Sorry Kralik.
"There are worlds out there where the sky is burning, and the sea's asleep, and the rivers dream; people made of smoke and cities made of song. Somewhere there's danger, somewhere there's injustice, somewhere else the tea's getting cold. Come on, Ace. We've got work to do."
-Doctor Who

September 05, 2008, 08:42:23 AM
Reply #89

DáinIronfoot

• Bearded Axeman
  • Information Offline
  • Maia
  • Never tickle a Dwarf!
Quote from: Kralik
Quote from: Elessar's Socks
Quote from: Anvar
Same here.

Which is why I think you came in a very convincing second. I DID appreciate that part of your deck, and I'd love to play against it sometime. "Love" here meaning "probably weep uncontrollably as I watched my Shadow side turn to jelly". :P
Best regards,
Dáin