LotR TCG Wiki → Card Sets:  All 0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 → Forums:  TLHH CC

Author Topic: Deck-Building Super Challenge! (9/16: 3rd Challenge Voting Underway!)  (Read 52162 times)

July 30, 2008, 03:05:45 AM
Reply #45

Elessar's Socks

• Information Offline
  • Knight
  • "I see...I look foul and feel foul. Is that it?"
1) 3
2) 6
3) 1

July 30, 2008, 06:19:43 AM
Reply #46

NappyKorn

• Information Offline
  • Knight
  • The ShizKnight
If a Balrog falls from a bridge and noone is around, does it make a sound?

July 30, 2008, 06:35:39 AM
Reply #47

lem0nhead

• Vegetarian Cannibal
  • Information Offline
  • Wizard
  • Juicy Fruit
Ban shampoo, demand real poo.
That's like having "Some Who Ride Ponies" as a Rohan follower. ~ Dain Ironfoot.

July 30, 2008, 08:53:38 AM
Reply #48

Elf_Lvr

• Information Offline
  • Lord
  • Rhythmic Ringwraith
Happy Hunting!
Remember Cobracards.com.
Thou cannot unjack what doth hath been jacked. - Menace64
"To die's the day worth livin' for!"
Maybe you guys can find a bard and have your story of heroic Balrog proximity put into verse.

August 03, 2008, 12:48:18 AM
Reply #49

Gil-Estel

• Information Offline
  • King
  • Abuser of the Force
Re: Deck-Building Super Challenge! (7/29: First Challenge VOTING Has Begun!)
« Reply #49 on: August 03, 2008, 12:48:18 AM »
..."Elves seldom give unguarded advice, for advice is a dangerous gift, even from the wise to the wise, and all courses may run ill"...

August 04, 2008, 10:53:50 AM
Reply #50

DáinIronfoot

• Bearded Axeman
  • Information Offline
  • Maia
  • Never tickle a Dwarf!
Re: Deck-Building Super Challenge! (7/29: First Challenge VOTING Has Begun!)
« Reply #50 on: August 04, 2008, 10:53:50 AM »
Eight votes so far, which is good, but could always be better! :mrgreen: Today's the last day for voting, so please get them in if you haven't done so already!
Best regards,
Dáin

Check out Lasting Alliances and The Road Ahead, my two completed DC sets, and also The Way Into Mordor (in progress), all part of my 5-set Wars of the Ring DC "block".

August 06, 2008, 10:53:57 AM
Reply #51

DáinIronfoot

• Bearded Axeman
  • Information Offline
  • Maia
  • Never tickle a Dwarf!
Sorry for the delay, guys, both with the contest and my own votes, which go:

That means that the winner is...uh, a tie. :roll: Here's the breakdown:

Entry #5 - NappyKorn - 15
Entry #2 - Elessar's Socks - 15
Entry #6 - Dáin Ironfoot - 7
Entry #7 - Kralik - 5
Entry #1 - Mr. Lurtzy - 4
Entry #3 - Thranduil - 4
Entry #4 - Gil-Estel - 4

Since the winner of individual rounds isn't the end all and be all of this contest--remember, only the person with the most cumulative points at the end is our winner--we'll let it slide this time rather than waiting on more votes or having some kind of design-off. :P So, NappyKorn and Elessar's Socks: congratulations to you both! :up: You each get a nice shiny :gp: from me.

Okay, though cumulative points count, and thus our winners get a head start, if you're farther back in the pack, don't despair! There's still plenty of time to catch up, as we have several rounds to go. And if you're not in the contest yet and want to join, there's still plenty of time for YOU to catch up as well! Come one, come all! :mrgreen:

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

For now, though, time for Round 2.

For this challenge, I want you to design a deck around the following card:

As with all decks in this contest, your deck must not just contain this card, but actually USE it in a useful way.

Rules more specific to this round:

- You can use as many or as few copies in your deck as you wish (within LOTR TCG rules, of course), but you must include at least one copy of Gandalf, Friend of the Shirefolk in your deck.
- Because this card is from the Fellowship block, your deck can be Fellowship Block format, the mostly abandoned (but still valid, in my mind) Fellowship-Tower Block format (Fellowship and Tower cards only, with Tower Block sites), Movie Block format (Fellowship, Tower, and King Blocks with King sites), or Expanded format, but other formats (Tower, King, Standard) are obviously out. Please do NOT use Open, as I'd prefer to cut down on the possibilities of vastly overpowered or outright broken decks. Whichever format you choose, you may obviously include any other eligible cards in your deck, obeying the X-list, R-list, and other established rules for that format.
- As with last round, a Shadow side and sitepath are still purely optional. If they benefit your Free Peoples side in some way, then it's probably best to include them, even if you only include details on specific Shadow cards and/or sites as opposed to a full listing of cards. But the only requirement is a Free Peoples decklist, with as much or as little detail on the cards therein as you want to take the time to type up.

Though you can make your deck as bland as you wish, remember that this is a CONTEST, so the more detail and the more "flair" you include in your deck and descriptions, the better, more than likely, for your chances of winning that round. For this round, that means it's probably best to try and get the most out of Gandalf's text; including him with just, say, a Hobbit and a Man probably won't win you many brownie points.

We'll allow a little over a week for this round, though if all submissions are in before then, we'll obviously start voting early, and if more time seems to be needed, we'll talk about extending the deadline. But for now, please PM your final deck to me by Friday, August 15th.

If you have not signed up and still want to join, you can still offically join in this thread...but all you really HAVE to do is send me a deck by the deadline. Doesn't matter if you're officially in or out: I'll accept any deck I recieve. Don't be shy! :ninja:

If you have any questions or concerns with the deck, deadline, or anything else, please don't hesitate to PM me or e-mail me at DainIronfoot47 AT hotmail DOT com. ;)

Good luck, and happy deckbuilding! :up:
Best regards,
Dáin

Check out Lasting Alliances and The Road Ahead, my two completed DC sets, and also The Way Into Mordor (in progress), all part of my 5-set Wars of the Ring DC "block".

August 07, 2008, 10:20:30 AM
Reply #52

Kralik

I have just the ticket! You keep choosing cards that I'm already using. PM sent. ;)

August 13, 2008, 08:43:10 AM
Reply #53

DáinIronfoot

• Bearded Axeman
  • Information Offline
  • Maia
  • Never tickle a Dwarf!
Only one entry recieved so far.

Just three days left, folks. Get those decks in! :D
Best regards,
Dáin

August 13, 2008, 09:59:02 AM
Reply #54

NappyKorn

• Information Offline
  • Knight
  • The ShizKnight
Oh crap I completely forgot about this contest I will get going now bro :up:.
If a Balrog falls from a bridge and noone is around, does it make a sound?

August 13, 2008, 10:14:13 AM
Reply #55

DáinIronfoot

• Bearded Axeman
  • Information Offline
  • Maia
  • Never tickle a Dwarf!
That's why I posted the friendly reminder. ;)
Best regards,
Dáin

August 14, 2008, 09:45:25 AM
Reply #56

DáinIronfoot

• Bearded Axeman
  • Information Offline
  • Maia
  • Never tickle a Dwarf!
Two decks in now, but time is running out! If you're still in, folks, let me know if you can make the deadline, and if you can't, we'll discuss potential extensions.
Best regards,
Dáin

August 15, 2008, 10:46:02 AM
Reply #57

GarrisonofGondor

• Information Offline
  • Marksman
  • Let the armies of Mordor know this....
 EXTENTIONS??????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????
"Never Again, will the land of my people, fall into enemy hands! For Gondor! For Gondor! For Gondor!

https://lotrtcgwiki.com/forums/index.php?topic=426.120

August 15, 2008, 10:50:20 AM
Reply #58

MR. Lurtzy

• Information Offline
  • King
  • Wouldn't it be nice if we were Hodor?
    • My website
Seconded!

August 15, 2008, 10:57:23 AM
Reply #59

DáinIronfoot

• Bearded Axeman
  • Information Offline
  • Maia
  • Never tickle a Dwarf!
Hmmm. Still only those two decks....

Guys? You still working on this or what? :-?
Best regards,
Dáin