LotR TCG Wiki → Card Sets:  All 0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 → Forums:  TLHH CC

Author Topic: For all players  (Read 7967 times)

December 09, 2009, 05:23:22 AM
Reply #15

Kenddrick

Re: For all players
« Reply #15 on: December 09, 2009, 05:23:22 AM »
A structured league wouldn't be as efficient as the current league. Things will slow down if there are fixtures and pair ups. Letting people play whoever that is online would be better as it allows for more league games.

A prize support would be good, and I could contribute a few foils as well.

Running multiple leagues (FOTR, Movie, Standard), would be okay, as it offers more variation. However that may require more man power to mantain, as now there would be at least two leagues that need constant updating. :)

December 09, 2009, 07:35:15 AM
Reply #16

Ringbearer

• Information Offline
  • Marksman
« Reply #16 on: December 09, 2009, 07:35:15 AM »
I prefer unstructured as well. I see it as fun (tho I always try my best) and dont care much about prizes and all.

December 09, 2009, 09:13:55 AM
Reply #17

HawkeyeSPF

• Information Offline
  • Marksman
« Reply #17 on: December 09, 2009, 09:13:55 AM »
based on your record so far, i don't think you need to worry about prizes

zing!

; )

December 09, 2009, 09:23:47 AM
Reply #18

Ringbearer

• Information Offline
  • Marksman
« Reply #18 on: December 09, 2009, 09:23:47 AM »
Slam
Dunk

Score.

December 09, 2009, 10:35:13 AM
Reply #19

Gil-Estel

• Information Offline
  • King
  • Abuser of the Force
« Reply #19 on: December 09, 2009, 10:35:13 AM »
I actually won a game with lonely Frodo...he wandered through alone for quite some sites ;-)
..."Elves seldom give unguarded advice, for advice is a dangerous gift, even from the wise to the wise, and all courses may run ill"...

December 09, 2009, 12:34:33 PM
Reply #20

chompers

• Information Offline
  • Marksman
« Reply #20 on: December 09, 2009, 12:34:33 PM »
I also prefer unstructured league - I am quite busy at the moment (although approaching holidays fast) and find more often than not when I get a chance to hop on GCCG to play a game there is not many around (the challenge of the Australian time zone).

I think it may be best to move on to TTT block when things slow a little - but the FoTR league should be finalised (in my opinion). One league at a time, perhaps on a one month roatation basis. Maybe we can vote on which league we would prefer to play next.

If the league closes at the end of the month (whenever we agree on the end of this one), someone will be declared victor and can be placed on a hall of fame perhaps. I anticipate a rush of games near the end of the month at the top of the table if the top of the table is close. Everyone should know what the next legaue will be so they can start to prepare in advance.

Prizes - seems pointless to me unless people are playing with real cards (but I have all the cards already and I am a player, not a collector).

Money - again not the best idea IMO - this will just slow the traffic down on GCCG for those that don't have an interest.

Just my thoughts :)

December 09, 2009, 01:19:04 PM
Reply #21

Ringbearer

• Information Offline
  • Marksman
« Reply #21 on: December 09, 2009, 01:19:04 PM »
based on your record so far, i don't think you need to worry about prizes

zing!

; )

Very nice. :gp: worthy. What can I say...I like trying new decks. Those 18 games have been with 14 different decks. And none with Gondor Bowmen and Greenleaf and Aragorn's Bow in the same deck.
-wtk

None of my decks feature all 3 of them, and a few even 1 of them... and no double shot either.

December 09, 2009, 04:07:33 PM
Reply #22

TheJord

• League Director
  • Information Offline
  • King
  • High King of Rules
    • GamesCobra
« Reply #22 on: December 09, 2009, 04:07:33 PM »
I think for prizes, I dont plan on the prizes being worthy to really go for it (like a Hunters block Masterworks set, or 800 Reflections boosters), more like a novelty promo specifically to promote the new League and PC.

Money is out of the window, as if I (or the PC) make any profit, real or imagined, Decipher could have my bum.

Unstructured seems popular, but if the player base grows, we can have a Pro League and a Casual League... but we are talking many months from now.
"The rule of Gondor is mine!"

December 09, 2009, 05:24:05 PM
Reply #23

Bilbo the Hutt

• Information Offline
  • Goblin
« Reply #23 on: December 09, 2009, 05:24:05 PM »
I really like the way the league is being run right now, the casual structure is fantastic because I can just hop on GCCG whenever I have time and play some games for fun without having to worry about time zones or anything.  There's usually enough traffic that you can find a game fairly easily.  As for prizes, I'm kind of indifferent to them, but if we really wanted to give them out then maybe we could use the GCCG $$ as prizes since everybody's already playing on there anyways.

wtk: once I get through this next batch of exams I will make some Towers decks and play you some games since I know you're always looking for them.  Maybe if we are ahead of the crowd we can get bonus points in the eventual TTT league!

December 09, 2009, 06:19:00 PM
Reply #24

chompers

• Information Offline
  • Marksman
« Reply #24 on: December 09, 2009, 06:19:00 PM »
As for prizes- i like the idea of GCCG $ - not everyone probably uses it - but it is an incentive for those that do.

Also - because of the casual format, perhaps prizes could be awarded for different things. Such as participation, first in legaue, most games, beating first placed player in the league, etc.