LotR TCG Wiki → Card Sets:  All 0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 → Forums:  TLHH CC

Author Topic: Troy RPG?  (Read 13468 times)

June 29, 2008, 03:33:47 PM
Reply #15

CarpeGuitarrem

• Information Offline
  • Lord
Re: Troy RPG?
« Reply #15 on: June 29, 2008, 03:33:47 PM »
I call Thor! :P

jk

June 29, 2008, 08:28:30 PM
Reply #16

AgentDrake

• Information Offline
  • Ranger
  • Why me? No, seriously. WHY ME?!?
« Reply #16 on: June 29, 2008, 08:28:30 PM »
Heck, you can be Thor... but if so, you'd have to play by some rules. I had something more in mind like creating our own characters who become 'gods' along with the others. Invent-a-pagan-god RPG, or something. I still have to work out some little problems, but I'm getting pretty close to having a workable RPG to run.
Forget it. I'm not arguing with the computer anymore to try to get the sig I want....

July 05, 2008, 11:48:40 AM
Reply #17

sickofpalantirs

• Information Offline
  • Useful Spammer
  • one spammer to rule them all
« Reply #17 on: July 05, 2008, 11:48:40 AM »
well they found another site...but I will implant the idea.
Religious people usually are. Well, reel them in, then!
I resent that ;)
and they also have a different style of RPG'ing...mainly you cannot make another persons charrie do anything...
Felipe Musco:
(after all, it's a CHARITY organization, I still have SOME principles, even having gone through Law School... :P),
Elf Lvr:
Bit of a scrawny Iowan kid with an unhealthy artifact obsession. Oh, and a God of Spam. In a good way.
Ahhh!!! SoP, you're a genius!!! :gp: ~Menace64
SoP's Trade List
Like Muscle Cars? Check out themusclecarplace.com

July 05, 2008, 12:19:27 PM
Reply #18

AgentDrake

• Information Offline
  • Ranger
« Reply #18 on: July 05, 2008, 12:19:27 PM »
well they found another site...but I will implant the idea.
Religious people usually are. Well, reel them in, then!
I resent that ;)
and they also have a different style of RPG'ing...mainly you cannot make another persons charrie do anything...

As in, literally nothing? I mean, limited controlling seems fine by me, but whatever. We'll just have to figure out some ground rules.

Update: Am getting closer to having something set up here. Should be ready to start in about a week, assuming enough people actually go for it once I have the thing up.
Forget it. I'm not arguing with the computer anymore to try to get the sig I want....

July 05, 2008, 12:36:53 PM
Reply #19

Ulmo

• Information Offline
  • Tracker
« Reply #19 on: July 05, 2008, 12:36:53 PM »
I'm interested. Only thing holding me back is time. How much time per day or week do you think this will take up?
There are only 10 kinds of people in the world.  Those who know binary and those who don't.
You don't have a backpack. What you have there is an invisible leather TARDIS.

July 05, 2008, 01:55:42 PM
Reply #20

AgentDrake

• Information Offline
  • Ranger
« Reply #20 on: July 05, 2008, 01:55:42 PM »
Not much; I'd prefer a slower-paced game anyway, just because my workload is gonna spike pretty soon as the pollination season hits.
I'll probably spend about two, three hours a week, alot of which will just be while I'm out in the field, thinking up how to respond to stuff game-play wise. Everyone else pretty much however much they want to post. Ideally, everyone posts one substantial post a week, or several smaller ones. (Substantial being a very subjective term.)

Depends on how fast you can just make something up and go with it. And how much thought you want to put into your character.

If you decide it's taking up too much time, we could always just kill your character off. ;)

July 05, 2008, 07:52:28 PM
Reply #21

CarpeGuitarrem

• Information Offline
  • Lord
« Reply #21 on: July 05, 2008, 07:52:28 PM »
As in, literally nothing? I mean, limited controlling seems fine by me, but whatever. We'll just have to figure out some ground rules.
Well, that's actually a standard rule around a lot of RP things. It tends to work quite well. It's to avoid players making other characters do things that maybe they wouldn't, usually. It also encourages people to think more about roleplaying individual actions, and to flesh out things better. A single line of dialogue can easily bring with it a non-dialogue paragraph, as you discuss a character's reaction to the situation.

Check out the following RP thread that I'm in, run by that sort of God-modding restriction.
http://www.lotrplaza.com/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=227448

July 06, 2008, 09:47:09 AM
Reply #22

sickofpalantirs

• Information Offline
  • Useful Spammer
« Reply #22 on: July 06, 2008, 09:47:09 AM »
http://www.dragonsinourmidst.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=11
this is the RPG forum
http://www.dragonsinourmidst.com/forums/showthread.php?t=4694
the best RPG (featuring me ;))
http://www.dragonsinourmidst.com/forums/showthread.php?t=5545
a training RPG I ran
HD2950 is probably the best RPG'er...with snow, excalibur, and Pfunk being the worst...right now the only one that would come would be pfunk, and his main problem is making really strong characters
Felipe Musco:
(after all, it's a CHARITY organization, I still have SOME principles, even having gone through Law School... :P),
Elf Lvr:
Bit of a scrawny Iowan kid with an unhealthy artifact obsession. Oh, and a God of Spam. In a good way.
SoP's Trade List

July 17, 2008, 09:17:38 PM
Reply #23

FM

• Future Judge
  • Information Offline
  • Wizard
« Reply #23 on: July 17, 2008, 09:17:38 PM »
Ah, my good 'ol idea of creating RULES for character building... Buit does anyone listen to me? Noooooo...

July 20, 2008, 10:21:31 AM
Reply #24

sickofpalantirs

• Information Offline
  • Useful Spammer
« Reply #24 on: July 20, 2008, 10:21:31 AM »
we haven't had much of a problem here...
Felipe Musco:
Elf Lvr:
SoP's Trade List

July 20, 2008, 02:15:42 PM
Reply #25

MR. Lurtzy

• Information Offline
  • King
  • Wouldn't it be nice if we were Hodor?
    • My website
« Reply #25 on: July 20, 2008, 02:15:42 PM »
We haven't had much of anything here...

July 28, 2008, 03:27:36 PM
Reply #26

FM

• Future Judge
  • Information Offline
  • Wizard
« Reply #26 on: July 28, 2008, 03:27:36 PM »
THANK you.

July 28, 2008, 04:54:06 PM
Reply #27

AgentDrake

• Information Offline
  • Ranger
« Reply #27 on: July 28, 2008, 04:54:06 PM »
Cheeze. Sorry, coulda sworn I posted something about this last week.

I'm not gonna be able to pull this off after all. Not for quite awhile, anyway. Long story that I don't want to type out again, but basically, my spare time I was planning on using for this just got sapped up a few days ago by a lot of stuff. Including that I'm now on detasseling duty at work, which means about an extra hour of work each day.... Yeah. That and other stuff non-work-related.

I've still got the stuff saved, so I may be able to get to it later, though.
Maybe sometime after school starts and I get into a routine. I dunno.