LotR TCG Wiki → Card Sets:  All 0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 → Forums:  TLHH CC

Author Topic: Best Movie Block Fellowship/Minion Combos  (Read 3761 times)

January 05, 2010, 10:01:38 PM
Read 3761 times

putridbreath

• Information Offline
  • Troll
Best Movie Block Fellowship/Minion Combos
« on: January 05, 2010, 10:01:38 PM »
I'm playing my good friend a match in which we start with an equal number of decks. The first two decks hold a match and the winner stays on while the loser loses that deck and chooses another from his remaining decks. The first player to eliminate all decks from their opponent is championed. We plan to have 7 decks each.

I'm asking for ideas on successful combinations of companions/minions for Movie Block.

SO far I have lined up:
1. Ring-bound Rangers + Southron Archers
2. Elven Deck + Moria Archers
3. Trust Me Gandalf + Easterling Corruption
4. Archery Deck (Legolas, Hand Axes, Rohan possesion discards etc.) + Uruk Site Control
5. Frodo & Hobbits + Dunlending Site Control
6. Hunters (Wingfoot, Lockbearer & Dauntless Hunter w/ unbound hobbits) and Condition Mordor
7. Rohan or Dwarves + Ringwraith minions & Gollum

Keep in mind I have no Reflection cards, Mount Doom cards and only a few SoG cards.
Other sets are pretty much well represented.
Any suggestions for adjusting or tweaking this lineup would be very helpful! Thanks

January 05, 2010, 10:08:00 PM
Reply #1

ket_the_jet

• Information Offline
  • King
  • Administrator
  • He/Him/His
Re: Best Movie Block Fellowship/Minion Combos
« Reply #1 on: January 05, 2010, 10:08:00 PM »
Well, I have found that any free peoples side that cycles well can fit with nearly any Shadow side. The more difficult pairings I have found are Shadow sides to go with:

Frodo/Sam/Smeagol Free Peoples
Regroup and Run Free Peoples

As for my pairings, [Dwarven] and [Moria] are easy because they both cycle well. I like running a Shadow that has a few more events with my Knights (I run them with a grind deck where I may need to hold onto one or two copies of Hate). Catapult cycles really well and They Stole It is on that Shadow.

My brother has a really nice Elven initiative manipulation deck that he runs with Beasterlings. He cycles well with cards like Shadow Between and Legolas, Fearless Marksman and runs Gandalf, Manager of Wizards to control initiative as well.

Simply, I think there is no "Perfect Combination;" You just need to be able to cycle.
-wtk