LotR TCG Wiki → Card Sets:  All 0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 → Forums:  TLHH CC

Author Topic: Would this be legal to do?  (Read 11490 times)

January 12, 2010, 06:05:41 AM
Reply #15

sharkey

Re: Would this be legal to do?
« Reply #15 on: January 12, 2010, 06:05:41 AM »
Pretty much. It has a a bit more strategy than that, but compared to LOTR, not really. A great deck can be ruined by bad luck, and a terrible deck can make it to the finals.

January 12, 2010, 09:46:22 AM
Reply #16

sharkey

« Reply #16 on: January 12, 2010, 09:46:22 AM »
Herbs and stewed rabbit for Smeagol support might also be helpful. 8 str, 9 res, and damage +4

January 12, 2010, 04:33:52 PM
Reply #17

Smeagollum

« Reply #17 on: January 12, 2010, 04:33:52 PM »
Non
1 or 2 Saved from the fire could really help, especially since you have 3 more Gandalfs and Sent Back already in your deck. Sacrifice your Leader of Men to draw 3 Gandalf cards (Sent Back and Defender of the West among them if needed) and just play your Defender of the West with the help of Sent Back. I use that combo (Sent Back and Saved from the fire) a lot and it's almost always a savior. The only drawback is that if you do all that in the same Fellowship phase, you'll have to place a lot of  [X]. It's up to you to evaluate the situation and use the cards in the best way possible. That's one of the strongest reasons why this game is so great: Luck has very little to do with the outcome.

Nonsense. I don't want to kill a comp and add 3 twillight when I've got allready all my comps out. It would mean a totally different deck to make it as fast as it is now.
If I really want to have a competetive tournament deck then believe me that it would be something like this:

Frodo, Reluctant Adventurer  
The One Ring, Answer To All Riddles

Sam, Great Elf Warrior
Smeagol, Slinker  

4x Sting, Baggins Heirloom
Frodo's Cloak
2x Hobbit Sword
4x Shire countryside
4x Not listening
4x Nine fingered Frodo
4x Don't Follow the Lights
4x Don't Look at Them
4x Impatient and Angry
A Talent for Not Being Seen
Mithril-coat
3x Path

Which is 38 cards with Ninja Gollum as shadow. In the end only Sam will survive! The only shadows I think I'll be afraid of:
corsair bomb (possesion discarding)
Isengard Wargriders
« Last Edit: January 12, 2010, 04:57:19 PM by Smeagollum »

January 12, 2010, 06:40:05 PM
Reply #18

sharkey

« Reply #18 on: January 12, 2010, 06:40:05 PM »
Whatever. Does anyone care? I vote no.

January 13, 2010, 02:15:40 AM
Reply #19

Smeagollum

« Reply #19 on: January 13, 2010, 02:15:40 AM »
This isn't the board for deck discussions.
-wtk

Agreed.. just became a bit tired of people with well meant (but not asked for) suggestions (which I normally appreciate, but it was totally oftopic) about how to build a deck. It felt as if they thought that I didn't understand deckbuilding. And then I let myself a bit go to make clear that I exactly know what I was doing. Shouldn't have done that. The topic was about an inquery of the trick I had in mind was legal. Conclusion is that it only works with Frodo, frenzied fighter. Which makes things a bit though to do, but not undoable. Still should be fun to see somebody's face if this trick would happen!

Please close the topic! I know enough! Thx Chompers & Jord for the clearification about the rule!

January 13, 2010, 06:00:36 AM
Reply #20

sharkey

« Reply #20 on: January 13, 2010, 06:00:36 AM »
You can close it yourself as post creator. And yes, most of us do know how build decks, just like you. We all have slightly different ways of doing it and different styles and favored  cards. Just trying to be helpful and give a different take on it.
« Last Edit: January 13, 2010, 06:02:37 AM by sharkey »

January 13, 2010, 06:33:44 AM
Reply #21

Smeagollum

« Reply #21 on: January 13, 2010, 06:33:44 AM »
You can close it yourself as post creator. And yes, most of us do know how build decks, just like you. We all have slightly different ways of doing it and different styles and favored  cards. Just trying to be helpful and give a different take on it.

No problem.. I just got anoyed after mentioning Farmer Maggot's Fields in an expanded deck without a merry or pippin in the deck.  I know you guys meant it well, but after I posted how my idea should work I was actually ready with the topic. But need to say thank you, because you actuall wanted to think with me. I should have appreciate it a bit more!

January 13, 2010, 06:42:35 AM
Reply #22

sharkey

« Reply #22 on: January 13, 2010, 06:42:35 AM »
No problem! I forgot it was expanded... I feel stupid, it should have been deadly obvious with Frodo, FF in it. I was suggesting the idea of pull Merry or Pippin, then burn them with saved from the fire to pull Frodo, FF, Held, and Bilbo (or another card). But that's just how I would do it. Your deck works just as well.