LotR TCG Wiki → Card Sets:  All 0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 → Forums:  TLHH CC

Author Topic: What decks do you have built?  (Read 4401 times)

June 24, 2008, 10:14:29 AM
Read 4401 times

HawkeyeSPF

• Information Offline
  • Marksman
What decks do you have built?
« on: June 24, 2008, 10:14:29 AM »
Alright, I'm gonna make an effort here to make use of this forum, because I've decided that some discussion is better than none at all.

What decks do you have built?

I've got:

LS Mains and Toys - starts Watto's Junkyard and Slave Quarters, runs 4 Jedi Lukes
Massassi Base Operations - A 12-maneuver Falcon & Darklighter Spin to take out just about any DS fleet

TDIGWATT - Lots of heavy hitters, both land and space: Lord Vader, Maul YA, Mara/Saber 1, Slave 1 (maneuver 8), Executor, Stinger
DS Saber Combat - 3 Lord Maul, 3 Lord Vader, 2 Mara Jade, 2 Palpy's, Sidious -- the Jedi will not survive

Those are my top decks that I'd take to a tourney.....if one was ever held near me that is...

For my wife, I built: (not that she ever uses them, but she swears she will someday   :roll:  )

Profit - Plenty-o-Jedi, can usually flip 2nd or 3rd turn
Invasion - where to start? The 8 Destroyer Droids? Maybe the 4 Darth Maul with Lightsaber? Either way you're dead...

I've got a ton of others built too: LS Senate (needs more Palpatines and Amidalas), Local Uprising Hoth, Court of the Vile Gangster, SYCFA, and that's just a start.

June 24, 2008, 02:27:02 PM
Reply #1

FingolfinFinwe

• Information Offline
  • Marksman
Re: What decks do you have built?
« Reply #1 on: June 24, 2008, 02:27:02 PM »
I set up a few scenario decks (light vs dark) so I can pull them out and play at any time.

Hoth
Rescue the Princess
Cantina Brawl
Jabba's Palace/Frozen Han
Cloud City
Endor
Space (dark side has option of DS 1 or 2)

uh I think that's it   ;D

July 04, 2008, 06:46:59 AM
Reply #2

Thranduil

• Information Offline
  • Wizard
    • Zalman's Dungeon (blog of SF stories by Thranduil)
« Reply #2 on: July 04, 2008, 06:46:59 AM »
I played Dark Side and had these decks (though I used the Virtual Cards from the SWCCGPC):

Set Your Course for Alderaan/The Ultimate Power in the Universe involving the Death Star, lots of Stormtrooper (V) and blowing up planets!
Carbon Chamber Testing/My Favourite Decoration with lots of lovely bounty hunters
Let Them Make the First Move/At Last We Will Have Revenge as my Episode I deck with battle droids and large amounts of lightsaber duelling
My Kind of Scum/Fearless and Inventive with the Jawa Wittin as my Rep and combined with Jawa Pack and Jawa Pack (V) making an army of super Jawas!
Court of the Vile Gangster/I Shall Enjoy Watching You Die as another bounty hunter deck and feeding enemies to Rancors and Almighty Sarlacc
Operational As Planned with a ludicrously powerful fleet of Star Destroyers commanded by Grand Admiral Thrawn and the Superlaser Mark II along with an army of walkers to subdue the land.

I never played seriously mind you - I just built decks that were lots of fun!

Thranduil

July 09, 2008, 08:09:11 PM
Reply #3

FingolfinFinwe

• Information Offline
  • Marksman
« Reply #3 on: July 09, 2008, 08:09:11 PM »
Set Your Course for Alderaan/The Ultimate Power in the Universe  =  one of my fave's.  I just love the feeling of blowing up planets!

July 12, 2008, 02:14:51 PM
Reply #4

menace64

• The Late-Night Moderator
  • Information Offline
  • Knight
  • Global Mod
  • Bruce Campbell is my father.
« Reply #4 on: July 12, 2008, 02:14:51 PM »
My all-time favorite deck (that's currently built) is Rebel Strike Team. It runs a host of rebel scouts, along with mains and toys.

Rebel Strike Team starts both Endor and Rebel Landing Site, starting me at generation of 5 Force (which is all I need to overrun the whole planet).  RST restricts my force drains to 1 per drain, but I can use 2 force once per turn to pull Bunker or Deactivate the Shield Generator from my deck. My Endor Rebels deploy -1 to the Landing Site, which comes out to mean a lot on the first few turns.

I using Heading for the Medical Frigate to start Sai'torr Kal Fas(V) which lets me deploy matching weapons from my deck onto just-played unique characters, Strike Planning which lets me twice per game take a general into hand from my deck (at any time) and cancel the opponent's force generation at Endor, and The Shield Is Down! which gives me +1 generation at Endor sites and lets me deploy Back Door at any time; also, when I blow away Bunker, I retrieve 8 force and opponent places his hand in used pile (which means all the force he loses from me blowing away bunker comes straight from his deck!).

During my opponent's first turn, I use Strike Planning to take both Crix Madine and General Solo(V) into hand, and deploy Back Door from my deck using The Shield is Down. On my turn, I activate 9 force and deploy both Crix and Solo (with pistol) for a combined cost of 5. I use Crix to pull Chewbacca of Kashyyyk (with bowcaster) for another 3.

That's 13 power on the first turn, with 2 forfeit-zero lightsaber-equivalent weapons. My opponent either fights me head-on (and loses due to a massive Jedi Luke drop) or tries to force drain me to death (and loses again, because once I blow up the bunker - which I can do on turn 3 - he loses 8 force from his deck and I retrieve 8 force) and i start draining for 12+.

In short, this deck has stopped losing. Here's the whole list:

Rebel Strike Team / Garrison Destroyed
Endor and Endor: Rebel Landing Site (Forest)
Heading For The Medical Frigate (Sai'torr Kal Fas(V), Strike Planning, The Shield Is Down!)

Rebels/Aliens (18):
Chewbacca of Kashyyyk
Corporal Kensaric
Corporal Midge
Daughter Of Skywalker
General Crix Madine
General Solo(V)
Ithorian x3 (GREAT force drain boosters)
Lieutenant Greeve
Lieutenant Page
Luke Skywalker, Jedi Knight x2
Major Panno
Mon Mothma
Orrimaarko
Sergeant Brooks Carlson
Sergeant Junkin

Epic Events (1):
Deactivate The Shield Generator

Effects (4):
I Wonder Who They Found(V)
Insurrection
Superficial Damage(V)
Traffic Control (What is NOT awesome about this card?)

Interrupts (13):
Firefight x2
Luke's Back x2
Luke's Back(V) x2

Rapid Deployment
Run Luke, Run! x2 (high destiny, and lets me stop the opponent with a surprise Luke move)
Throw Me Another Charge x4 (gets the Explosive Charges and more high destiny)

Weapons (10):
A280 Sharpshooter Rifle(V) (I love this gun. Period.)
Blaster x3
Chewbacca's Bowcaster
Explosive Charge x3
Han's Heavy Blaster Pistol(V)
Luke's Lightsaber

Sites (7):
Endor: Back Door
Endor: Bunker
Endor: Chief Chirpa's Hut
Endor: Hidden Forest Trail
Endor: Landing Platform (Docking Bay)
Forest
Home One: War Room

The only 'drawback' of this deck is its lack of space support. Which, when you think about it, doesn't really matter much. Force draining in space is always more difficult than site force draining so I'll almost always win those games.

July 13, 2008, 11:04:20 PM
Reply #5

HawkeyeSPF

• Information Offline
  • Marksman
« Reply #5 on: July 13, 2008, 11:04:20 PM »
Don't you use (or worry about) Starting Effects and Defensive Shields? I throw down Secret Plans shield, Battle Order shield, and Resistance shield from under the new starting effect (Knowledge and Defense V), and all of a sudden:

For every card after the first one that you deploy or take into hand from your reserve deck, you must pay 1 force (you get 1 "free" card per GAME).
You have to use force equal to the full amount to be retrieved in order to do so, even if you don't retrieve it all.
You must use 3 force for each force drain.
The effectiveness of your Ithorians and Midge just went down.

Don't any of the decks you play against run Sense or Alter? Wow, I'd probably throw in 2 Controls or something, Traffic Control will be an obvious target so they can try to Monnok you.

What's with the Home One War Room? You're not packing the ship, so why the site? I know that Madine and Page combo well there, but in the end it becomes another site for you to protect against a beatdown. Not to mention it's another floating 0 - you've got a lot of those in there it looks like. I'd probably drop it plus one of the Endor sites or the <> Forest.

Why no Rebel Artillery? It's a used 7 and with all those non-lightsaber weapons in there, it's a must have, if only to draw the attention of your opponent's grabbers away from the interrupts you actually need to use.

As for space you could just use Tala 1 + 2 and their pilots, along with Close Air Support for extra destiny on the ground. (And satisfy Battle Order at the same time so you don't have to pay to drain)

Don't forget about Carbon Chamber Testing, which is still popular in some areas - there goes Han.   :-[

What's up with the plain ol' Blasters? Use Naboo Blaster Rifles and get +2 to destiny.

Anyway, just some comments and suggestions.

July 14, 2008, 12:26:10 AM
Reply #6

NappyKorn

• Information Offline
  • Knight
  • The ShizKnight
« Reply #6 on: July 14, 2008, 12:26:10 AM »
Way back when I played I always loved my Walker Garrison Deck. It was fun to play, at least to me here is a deck list:

Starting:
Hoth: Ice Plains
Twi'lek Advisor
You May Start Your Landing

Weapons/Devices:
Elector-RangeFinder x2
AT-AT Cannon x4

Starships/Vehicles:
Executor x2
Imperial Walker x5
Blizzard Walker x3
Blizzard 4
Blizzard 2 x2
Blizzard 1 x2

Characters:
Commander Igar x2
Comm Chief x3
AT-AT Driver x5
Admiral Ozzel x2
General Veers x3

Effects:
Sunsdown x2
Ice Strom x3
Frostbite x2

Locations:
Hoth x2
Hoth: North Ridge
Hoth: Mountains
Hoth: Defensive Perimeter

Interrupts:
Exhaustion x2
Walker Garrison x6

Epic Events:
Target the Main Generators

It been awhile since I played, so this deck may be way outdated. I also don't remember the rules all that well or the deck design to a 'T', but I believe it is a legal deck (from what I remember) and if I got the cards right this deck was much fun to play and caused alot of force lose back when I played it. I was out of the game before Coruscant ever came out and was barely around for Tatooine so I'm sure there are cards out now that could man handle this deck, but this is what I played way back then (though maybe not exactly) :up:.

If a Balrog falls from a bridge and noone is around, does it make a sound?