LotR TCG Wiki → Card Sets:  All 0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 → Forums:  TLHH CC

Author Topic: Hobbit choke  (Read 4858 times)

February 02, 2010, 08:58:10 PM
Read 4858 times

macheteman

• Information Offline
  • Knight
Hobbit choke
« on: February 02, 2010, 08:58:10 PM »
I don't have a complete decklist, but thats ok, i more want to throw this idea out for everyone rather than the whole deck. bottom line is choking. and i have to say its very nice when you can move to the bridge of Khazad-dum without letting your opponent have enough twilight to play the balrog. anyways, enough of formalities. i was playtesting this deck and it seemed to do well.

first, Bilbo, Well-spoken Gentlehobbit is necessary, so use the hobbit party field.

then:
4x consorting with wizards
4x party guest
i like frodo, son of drogo as well
4x  Deft in Their Movements

i also have in my deck, aragorn, no stranger to the shadows,  Talent for Not Being Seen. i use sam son of hamfast in the starting fellowship because  that way i can bid enough burdens to go first. but another thing i've don is the one that plays bill the pony. that way you can get -1 on the shadow numbers right from site 1. problem is bridge of khazad-dum you have to discard the pony.

anyways, heres the scoop: bilbo with consorting with wizards can knock off a heck of a lot of twilight. fellowship phase, exert him twice, heal with 2x party guest, exert twice more, another 2x party guest and you can take care of 6 twilight just like that. if you haven't dumped any twilight in the pool, or not much, you can use it in the regroup, just remember hobbit party guest is fellowship only. next fellowship, frodo heals bilbo once, and the guests all heal themselves. so you are good to go.

next step is reducing the shadow numbers. if you are fully loaded, no stranger to the shadows, talent for not being seen, you are already at -2. (bill the pony makes an extra -1 if you are using him) but the real power-house comes from deft in their movements. these babies last the whole turn, so go they can win the game for you. you don't want to use them for moving to sites 2 or 3 anyways, because site 2 is usually only 2 and you are setting up, so you might not have everything you need. and site 3 has no shadow cost. but for sites 4,5,6,7,8, and 9 it is AMAZING. drop one or 2 and you've got huge twilight savings. always try to double when you use them for max efficiency. if you DO double each time you use on, and you use all 4. you can knock off 16 twilight throughout the course of the game. coupled with the bilbo consorting with wizards engine i have often moved to sites and only let them have 3 twilight.

i usually just run frodo sam aragorn. pippin starts so that the tales don't get discarded early, and then is good fodder if you hit a tough minion early. or a balrog is played at site 5.

anyways, thats the idea. the consorting with wizards engine might be nothing new, but i've just actually made a deck from it for the first time.

cheers

-mm

February 02, 2010, 11:15:03 PM
Reply #1

legolas3333

• Information Offline
  • King
Re: Hobbit choke
« Reply #1 on: February 02, 2010, 11:15:03 PM »
or if the site is already there, i.e. pathfinder
A Promo Saved is a Promo Earned

February 03, 2010, 08:12:39 AM
Reply #2

macheteman

• Information Offline
  • Knight
« Reply #2 on: February 03, 2010, 08:12:39 AM »
ah, well that sucks.

February 03, 2010, 08:59:55 AM
Reply #3

ket_the_jet

• Information Offline
  • King
  • Administrator
  • He/Him/His
« Reply #3 on: February 03, 2010, 08:59:55 AM »
ah, well that sucks.

Yeah, you should have seen the deck I built around that card and We Must Go Warily (which also has errata). Man, that was an epic failure after learning the true intentions of the cards.

It was in Movie Block and Ranger of Osgiliath was the hero of the deck...a few Pursuit Just Behind...a few An Able Guide...a few Last Throw...card drawing engine to get these regroup events....
-wtk

February 03, 2010, 01:26:35 PM
Reply #4

legolas3333

• Information Offline
  • King
« Reply #4 on: February 03, 2010, 01:26:35 PM »
yes, question, why pursuit just behind? wouldn't gondor's vengeance be better?
A Promo Saved is a Promo Earned