LotR TCG Wiki → Card Sets:  All 0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 → Forums:  TLHH CC

Author Topic: Durin's Secret Society of Dear Friends  (Read 138690 times)

April 07, 2010, 08:15:48 AM
Reply #165

Smeagollum

Re: Durin's Secret Society of Dear Friends
« Reply #165 on: April 07, 2010, 08:15:48 AM »
Kral,

Don't quite sure if I understand your question correctly. But this is how I use EMHR: Start with the gametext of the site to get EMHR. The twillight is indeed a bit risky, but you convinced me that in the worst case just one comp (a certain frodo) can die. I hope that with using emhr gametext there's a slaked thirsts on emhr. I only take the fs cards into hand which I think are usefull to play (aragorn, Gandalf, axe of erebor or birthday present or shire countryside. So I leave st on emhr if it's there. The cards who are usefull (allready metioned) to play I play and then I walk and discard my entire hand with smeagol's gametext.

Against people who are moving slow there's no need to tripple and take risk (a third move is still a risk, for instance if people know to discard all conditions (except preperations)) I only move a third time if I'm sure that there's no danger at all. You might play against people who like to move fast.. I almost only encounter people who like to move slowwwwwwwwwwwww (if I play some people I really have the chance that a match takes about 11/2 hour. Most times we play multiplay with 4 people. We start at 20.30.... and we end about 24.00 :-S and I'm the fastest player (just ask Heije about the tournament in zwolle (allready played 4 matches while others were still busy with the 2nd).
But back to topic...Emhr is more usefull when you play it for a 2nd time. Make sure emhr is in your hand use birthday present for dear friends. Use dear friends to get slaked thirsts as you remaining drawdeck and then play emhr and put all slaked thirst on it.

I hope this iw what you asked?

If you doný mind I go to sleep now. So I might not respond immidiatly. It's still day here, but didn't slept at all, because my cat is missing and for the most part of the night and day I went looking for him. I'm really in big stress about this.. sorry it needs to get out of me.. Hope you people don't mind.. You see 2 1/2 years ago another cat became invalid and evetually i had to let him sleep in. When that happened I became really depressed... didn't want to act suicide, but also didn't want to live.. so I'm really scared now that I'm losing darth (cat's name).With an hour rest I can start searching again.
« Last Edit: April 07, 2010, 08:25:40 AM by Smeegulloom »

April 07, 2010, 08:49:54 AM
Reply #166

Kralik

« Reply #166 on: April 07, 2010, 08:49:54 AM »
You are playing the deck completely differently than I, which is what I have been saying several times now. The key point of the deck is:

Use EMHR to discard your entire draw deck.

Again, Smeagollum, I think you are missing the point. I keep saying this because of responses you made earlier about how losing 20 cards to discard would mess this deck up. The point is that YOU will discard your ENTIRE draw deck at site 1. Therefore, you are relying on Freeps to win unless you get a couple key Shadow cards. Also, you can draw whichever cards you need. I don't see how the Shadow would be useful in other deck types.

Otherwise we are talking about two completely different things. Frankly, I don't see how the deck could be competitive played any other way. Only one copy of each companion and no way to get key cards = suicide!

Against people who are moving slow there's no need to tripple and take risk (a third move is still a risk, for instance if people know to discard all conditions (except preperations)) I only move a third time if I'm sure that there's no danger at all. You might play against people who like to move fast.. I almost only encounter people who like to move slowwwwwwwwwwwww

The point IS to triple. If you have no draw deck, you get no Shadow cards and your opponent will run.

Hope you find your cat. :(
« Last Edit: April 07, 2010, 09:02:54 AM by Czech Krabit »

April 07, 2010, 08:51:45 AM
Reply #167

Cw0rk

• Information Offline
  • Knight
« Reply #167 on: April 07, 2010, 08:51:45 AM »
Smeagollum, use Ever My Heart Rises to discard your entire deck once you have Birthday Present. Then you can grab what you need with Dear Friends.

Spot a Dwarf and discard the top card of your draw deck for no effect.

April 07, 2010, 11:17:43 AM
Reply #168

Smeagollum

« Reply #168 on: April 07, 2010, 11:17:43 AM »
Smeagollum, use Ever My Heart Rises to discard your entire deck once you have Birthday Present. Then you can grab what you need with Dear Friends.

Spot a Dwarf and discard the top card of your draw deck for no effect.

That's allowed?!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Now I understand what you mean.... didn't think about that... for no result... Kralik put in axe of erebor.. you'll play it 2nd, 3rd and 4th turn.. no worries about that!!! how i missed that one.. and me figguring out how he could discard the entire dreck and tinking it doesn't make sense. you noughty Kralik misusing decent cards :)  :gp: Yep I love it! But people be nice learn dutch.. it would help in communications with me :D

@ Kralik Btw have not found Darth yet. Didn't went to sleep.... went searching, but there is some result.. somebody thought he had seen a cat according to my description... and also on a place where I suspect he might went. In that case he has to cross one large street, but he might be affraid for traffic.. so it might that he waits untill the evening before he returns.. I hope so...in any case after Man united against Bayern I will start looking again... and if I can't control myself even during the footballmatch. Think I walked searching about 7 hours today...
« Last Edit: April 07, 2010, 11:20:22 AM by Smeegulloom »

April 07, 2010, 12:19:59 PM
Reply #169

Gil-Estel

• Information Offline
  • King
  • Abuser of the Force
« Reply #169 on: April 07, 2010, 12:19:59 PM »
Veel succes JW.....
..."Elves seldom give unguarded advice, for advice is a dangerous gift, even from the wise to the wise, and all courses may run ill"...

April 07, 2010, 12:35:35 PM
Reply #170

Smeagollum

« Reply #170 on: April 07, 2010, 12:35:35 PM »
Veel succes JW.....

Thx went looking during the match, just for about twenty minutes. I went when united scored 2-0 and came back when United scored 3-0. No results... Well at least you guys kive me sort of distraction.. thx

Oh I'm so glad it's raining now, because don't like rain at all.. so I hope...

April 07, 2010, 01:09:04 PM
Reply #171

Witchkingx5

• Information Offline
  • Knight
« Reply #171 on: April 07, 2010, 01:09:04 PM »
Arrggghhh, Olic made this 1-3 now and then Rafael, this nooob got his card. Nooooo! ManU mustn't loose!

And btw, I'm really sorry for your cat...  :'(

April 07, 2010, 04:18:57 PM
Reply #172

Cw0rk

• Information Offline
  • Knight
« Reply #172 on: April 07, 2010, 04:18:57 PM »
Arrggghhh, Olic made this 1-3 now and then Rafael, this nooob got his card. Nooooo! ManU mustn't loose!

And btw, I'm really sorry for your cat...  :'(
You guys are going off topic here.

PS: Manchester Utd FAIL

April 08, 2010, 03:27:38 AM
Reply #173

Smeagollum

« Reply #173 on: April 08, 2010, 03:27:38 AM »
Guy's

I'm Happy!!!! He's back!!!! Darth returned to me about a half an hour ago!!! I can sleep again!

Kral , wk and heije± Thx for the moral support!!! How many  :gp: do you wanna have :)

April 08, 2010, 06:22:10 AM
Reply #174

Gil-Estel

• Information Offline
  • King
  • Abuser of the Force
« Reply #174 on: April 08, 2010, 06:22:10 AM »
Gelukkig maar..I can imagine your heart will continue to rise (to stay slightly on topic)
..."Elves seldom give unguarded advice, for advice is a dangerous gift, even from the wise to the wise, and all courses may run ill"...

April 08, 2010, 11:44:05 AM
Reply #175

Sam, Great Elf Warrior

• Information Offline
  • Horseman
« Reply #175 on: April 08, 2010, 11:44:05 AM »
Guy's

I'm Happy!!!! He's back!!!! Darth returned to me about a half an hour ago!!! I can sleep again!

Kral , wk and heije± Thx for the moral support!!! How many  :gp: do you wanna have :)
Congratulations! It's great to hear that!

April 08, 2010, 12:28:07 PM
Reply #176

Smeagollum

« Reply #176 on: April 08, 2010, 12:28:07 PM »
Thx Sam :)  :gp: for you to!

Will you all believe that Darth is in kind of a coma now... He's almost only sleeping (he did ate something and I had some big hugs and since then he's sleeping). Guess he had some fantastic 2 1/2 days.. Whish I had the same feelings about it. Unfortunally for him... he'll be castrated tomorrow.

Btw Sorry that I went oftopic, maybe if needed somebody can split the topic? I hope that I didn't bother people with my concerns about my cat, but if you know my history with cats then I hope you all understand that my cat's means a lot to me (they are my children to me). Hope don't offend anybody, but to me they mean more then people (even myself and my sisters, though not my little 2 nieces (they are my (and also my sisters) highest priority))

April 08, 2010, 01:11:06 PM
Reply #177

Kralik

« Reply #177 on: April 08, 2010, 01:11:06 PM »
As long as it's OK with you, I don't think it's a big deal if a topic gets "off topic" for a while.

April 08, 2010, 01:16:55 PM
Reply #178

Smeagollum

« Reply #178 on: April 08, 2010, 01:16:55 PM »
As long as it's OK with you, I don't think it's a big deal if a topic gets "off topic" for a while.

I'm okay with it!

Back to topic people!!

Can't wait till tuesday to play this deck again now I know what you mean by discarding the whole drawdeck. Btw tomorrow we have special lotr-event in Amsterdam with just 6 people: We'll have a tt-draft, so unfortunally I can't play DSSODF tomorrow.

April 09, 2010, 08:46:42 PM
Reply #179

TelTura

• Information Offline
  • Ranger
  • Administrator
    • Player's Council Discord
« Reply #179 on: April 09, 2010, 08:46:42 PM »
i finally got a chance to play against this deck (thanks to l3333) and won....hehehe, killed frodo on site two, he couldn't play his shire countryside.
Come join the Player's Council to help us run events, create new cards, and steer the direction of this great game!

Join our Discord here for more information.