LotR TCG Wiki → Card Sets:  All 0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 → Forums:  TLHH CC

Author Topic: Merits of a PC  (Read 24317 times)

April 03, 2010, 12:53:59 AM
Reply #15

MR. Lurtzy

• Information Offline
  • King
  • Wouldn't it be nice if we were Hodor?
    • My website
Merits of a PC
« Reply #15 on: April 03, 2010, 12:53:59 AM »
Oh and I love all of you the same ;)
Now I can sleep tonight.

April 03, 2010, 05:56:51 AM
Reply #16

Witchkingx5

• Information Offline
  • Knight
Merits of a PC
« Reply #16 on: April 03, 2010, 05:56:51 AM »
@ Gil-Estel... Komt Enola naar Amsterdam eigenlijk?

Muahaha, German is so similar, it means: "Kommt Enola eigentlich nach Ansterdam?" in German... ;)

April 03, 2010, 06:37:16 AM
Reply #17

Smeagollum

Merits of a PC
« Reply #17 on: April 03, 2010, 06:37:16 AM »

Muahaha, German is so similar, it means: "Kommt Enola eigentlich nach Ansterdam?" in German... ;)

Sehr gut, mein freund! Oftewel: Zeer goed, beste vriend :)

April 03, 2010, 06:39:07 AM
Reply #18

Witchkingx5

• Information Offline
  • Knight
Merits of a PC
« Reply #18 on: April 03, 2010, 06:39:07 AM »

Sehr gut, mein freund! Oftewel: Zeer goed, beste vriend :)

Si ifme mom agreesto the location or we find something else, communication won't be a problem, then! ;)

April 03, 2010, 11:09:26 AM
Reply #19

TelTura

• Information Offline
  • Ranger
  • Administrator
    • Player's Council Discord
Merits of a PC
« Reply #19 on: April 03, 2010, 11:09:26 AM »
funny how a topic that starts out complaining about psuedo-english pranks ends like the above.
Come join the Player's Council to help us run events, create new cards, and steer the direction of this great game!

Join our Discord here for more information.

April 03, 2010, 11:40:41 AM
Reply #20

Smeagollum

Merits of a PC
« Reply #20 on: April 03, 2010, 11:40:41 AM »
funny how a topic that starts out complaining about psuedo-english pranks ends like the above.

Hahahahahaha ;)

April 03, 2010, 03:37:47 PM
Reply #21

Jerba

• Information Offline
  • Villager
Merits of a PC
« Reply #21 on: April 03, 2010, 03:37:47 PM »
Some of us don't want the game to be ruined (although I support a limited PC).

Then you should have quit before Shadows. ;)

April 03, 2010, 03:40:58 PM
Reply #22

Kralik

Merits of a PC
« Reply #22 on: April 03, 2010, 03:40:58 PM »
I doubt that a PC would "ruin" the game at all... if you didn't like their decisions, you and your friends would still be more than welcome to play by other rules.

April 03, 2010, 11:37:55 PM
Reply #23

Smeagollum

Merits of a PC
« Reply #23 on: April 03, 2010, 11:37:55 PM »
See! See what you did there? That's not how you debate. You don't cover your ears and say "nah nah nah." You build something, like "how the PC would do things better than this site or offer something completely new."

I'm sticking with my aforementioned "checkmate" until someone makes a good point.
-wtk

It wouldn't hurt to have a pc... Uncheck, got your queens and chessmate :) There's also no reason to have no pc. Would it be better to have a pc: probably yes. But we don't know if we have not tried it. Then again I've serious doubts that it will happen, because I think there's a lack of enthusiasm to contribute (help) the pc. Even a constructional debate is difficult to organize. So you need to go blunt and push things through and repair mistakes later or stay in this endless debate of yes/no.

April 04, 2010, 08:12:47 AM
Reply #24

putridbreath

• Information Offline
  • Troll
Merits of a PC
« Reply #24 on: April 04, 2010, 08:12:47 AM »
At least in my experience, an organization/committee etc. needs a thoroughly thought out charter that clearly explains every function. You need to reveal the mission statement (goal of organization), an explanation of the roles of members, rules as to how things are done. ie will there be votes on certain measures and if so, how do you go about this. The bottom line is before people can vote yes or no, they need to know exactly what they are voting for. As for myself, I am unfamiliar with the role of a PC. If there was a professional charter stating how it would work, I would consider it.

April 05, 2010, 10:08:31 AM
Reply #25

Gate Troll

• Information Offline
  • Ranger
Merits of a PC
« Reply #25 on: April 05, 2010, 10:08:31 AM »
See! See what you did there? That's not how you debate. You don't cover your ears and say "nah nah nah." You build something, like "how the PC would do things better than this site or offer something completely new."

I'm sticking with my aforementioned "checkmate" until someone makes a good point.
-wtk

It wouldn't hurt to have a pc...

Regardless, is it necessary? People seem perfectly capable of playing without one.

Uncheck, got your queens and chessmate :)

That sentence fails on so many levels. As far as chess terminology goes, there is no such thing as 'uncheck, you either move your piece away from the attacking piece, capture the attacking piece or move another piece between the king and attacking piece. Also there is no such thing as 'chessmate'. I would assume you mean 'checkmate', in which case I doubt a few positive generalizations about a PC constitute an sort of effective counter to what ket is saying.

There's also no reason to have no pc.

That seems like the inverse of your first statement. The problem with a PC is, there's a lot of people interested, but they all have different goals. It's more trouble than its worth. A PC's only practical purpose would either be to make rulings, which a lot of people would disagree with (for example, this thread: Proposed Errata and Discussion) or the actual printing of cards, which will never happen. Nice idea, but not happening. As has been stressed by multiple people numerous times, this site is everything we need! So yes, this is a reason to have no PC.

Would it be better to have a pc: probably yes. But we don't know if we have not tried it. Then again I've serious doubts that it will happen, because I think there's a lack of enthusiasm to contribute (help) the pc. Even a constructional debate is difficult to organize. So you need to go blunt and push things through and repair mistakes later or stay in this endless debate of yes/no.

Once again a generalization. We don't need to try it to know what it will do. I don't understand what you mean about a 'lack' of enthusiasm, plenty of people seem enthusiastic enough. As for your last sentence, it seems that there is no debate. There are several 'factions'. You seem to want to try to get everyone to agree on one course of action, or just push something through that no one agrees on, which will please nobody. This PC idea seems more divisive than anything else.

There. That's my two cents, and that being said, this topic needs to be split and this part moved to the PC forum.

April 05, 2010, 10:15:02 AM
Reply #26

MR. Lurtzy

• Information Offline
  • King
  • Wouldn't it be nice if we were Hodor?
    • My website
Merits of a PC
« Reply #26 on: April 05, 2010, 10:15:02 AM »
As has been stressed by multiple people numerous times, this site is everything we need! So yes, this is a reason to have no PC.
This.

April 05, 2010, 10:49:07 AM
Reply #27

legolas3333

• Information Offline
  • King
Merits of a PC
« Reply #27 on: April 05, 2010, 10:49:07 AM »
I think everyone here would support a PC but we just don't see it happening and don't see the need for it.
A Promo Saved is a Promo Earned

April 05, 2010, 11:03:23 AM
Reply #28

Smeagollum

Merits of a PC
« Reply #28 on: April 05, 2010, 11:03:23 AM »
@ Door Orc

You're just not knowing what your talking about. I experienced myself the lack of enthusiasm to help to create a pc. I tried to get people enthusiatic, but when I asked for support there were maybe 2 people who really seemed interested to debate it. So I quited the job. If you don't know something then just don't say anything.
Secondly I favour a pc, but just will not see it happen, because everybody keeps talking, but at the moment people ask things to do then there is lesser interest.
People have other goals. Well it might, but if there's no decision, then nothing will happen at all.
This site is all we need? Not really, I think. People want to have gccc and people want to have contact with eachother. At this moment there are still playergroups who do not use this site, so a pc could bring people together.

Well for your 2 cents, back here we don't have any cents; They are round up or down.. guess what happens to your two cents. I think it's really weak to take on someone's language who's not a natural speaker as you might be.

Do or do not, maybe that's the question.
« Last Edit: April 05, 2010, 11:05:46 AM by Smeegulloom »

April 05, 2010, 01:10:48 PM
Reply #29

Smeagollum

Merits of a PC
« Reply #29 on: April 05, 2010, 01:10:48 PM »
Uncheck, got your queens and chessmate :)

That sentence fails on so many levels. As far as chess terminology goes, there is no such thing as 'uncheck, you either move your piece away from the attacking piece, capture the attacking piece or move another piece between the king and attacking piece. Also there is no such thing as 'chessmate'. I would assume you mean 'checkmate', in which case I doubt a few positive generalizations about a PC constitute an sort of effective counter to what ket is saying.

And this ain't an insult?!! On just a funny remark!! Well that's what i think is sad!