LotR TCG Wiki → Card Sets:  All 0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 → Forums:  TLHH CC

Author Topic: Wounding Hobbits  (Read 6123 times)

June 14, 2010, 08:10:29 PM
Read 6123 times

Yanko Markovic

• Information Offline
  • Bowman
Wounding Hobbits
« on: June 14, 2010, 08:10:29 PM »
So just a little deck I made quickly using ome of the cards I have lying around my collection:

Frodo, Courteous Halfling with The One Ring, Answer to All Riddles

Merry, Swordthain (S)
Pippin, Wearer of Black and Silver (S)
Eowyn, Lady of Ithilien (S)
Smeagol, Always Helps (S)
Sam, Resolute Halfling

The Shire Countryside x4
A Light in His Mind x2
A Promise x4
Shadowplay x4
Don't Look at Them x3
Unheeded x3
Hobbit Intuition x4

Sting, Bane of the Eight Legs
Hoobit Sword
Eowyn's Sword, Dernhelm's Blade x2

That's it. Just a quick deck that I made when I was writing this post. The strategy is simple. Just a bunch of Hobbit wounding cards and Eowyn to wound and kill. Paired it with a Moving This Way Nazgul cycling Shadow. I wanna put in PATHS, but I don't find any space for it. Haven't playtested it or anything, just made it for you to review.

Critics are welcome.
"To ask if Orcs "are" Communists is to me as sensible as asking if Communists are Orcs." - JRR Tolkien, regarding his "allegory".

June 14, 2010, 08:16:02 PM
Reply #1

MuadDib85

• Information Offline
  • Ranger
Re: Wounding Hobbits
« Reply #1 on: June 14, 2010, 08:16:02 PM »
Moving This Way is not legal in movie block.

June 15, 2010, 02:45:00 AM
Reply #2

Gil-Estel

• Information Offline
  • King
  • Abuser of the Force
« Reply #2 on: June 15, 2010, 02:45:00 AM »
..."Elves seldom give unguarded advice, for advice is a dangerous gift, even from the wise to the wise, and all courses may run ill"...

June 15, 2010, 07:45:41 AM
Reply #3

Cw0rk

• Information Offline
  • Knight
« Reply #3 on: June 15, 2010, 07:45:41 AM »

June 15, 2010, 08:16:35 AM
Reply #4

hrcho

• Information Offline
  • Marksman
  • One does not simply Rock into Mordor.
    • My trade list
« Reply #4 on: June 15, 2010, 08:16:35 AM »
NFFATROD is a must. I suggest replacing Hobbit Intuition with it since this is a wounding deck. It will help you with threats from Smeagol, AH and you can also add burdens with ATAR to remove them with NFFATROD and heal Eowyn, LoI for her ability. I have also found Sting, Baggins Heirloom much more useful than Bane of the Eight Legs, especially if you run Smeagol.

Birthday Present could help a lot bringing back Unheeded.

Also, having 4 copies of A Promise and just 1 copy of Sam is pretty much useless.
« Last Edit: June 15, 2010, 08:21:07 AM by hrcho »
Some days you're the statue, and some days you're the pigeon.

Trade List (TLHH)
Trade List (Mahasamatman)

June 15, 2010, 02:37:30 PM
Reply #5

Yanko Markovic

• Information Offline
  • Bowman
« Reply #5 on: June 15, 2010, 02:37:30 PM »
Moving This Way is not legal in movie block.

Aargh, yeah lol, I always confuse it with a Fotr block card.

I have Hobbit Intuition mainly because Hobbits will certainly die to almost every skirmish they will be in, and I will not always be able to return them to hand. The idea is to cancel the skirmish with Intuition, then return them to hand.

If I had to put cards like Hobbit sword-play, I'd rather have Mind your Own Affairs or PATHS.
"To ask if Orcs "are" Communists is to me as sensible as asking if Communists are Orcs." - JRR Tolkien, regarding his "allegory".

June 15, 2010, 03:02:46 PM
Reply #6

Gil-Estel

• Information Offline
  • King
  • Abuser of the Force
« Reply #6 on: June 15, 2010, 03:02:46 PM »
Hobbit Intuition only works on FotR sites. Look at the sites from TTT and RotK, all have a symbol. This symbol is seen on cards in those sets and thus only work with sites from that set. Since fotr however didn't have a symbol, so didn't the cards that work with sites from FotR. But sadly they don't work on other sites.....
..."Elves seldom give unguarded advice, for advice is a dangerous gift, even from the wise to the wise, and all courses may run ill"...

June 15, 2010, 03:13:13 PM
Reply #7

Yanko Markovic

• Information Offline
  • Bowman
« Reply #7 on: June 15, 2010, 03:13:13 PM »
Really? So they Intuition doesnt work... I'm tempted to put now a new event to replace it, however, I don't know what I can do to stop the hobbits from being killed...

June 15, 2010, 04:09:56 PM
Reply #8

hrcho

• Information Offline
  • Marksman
    • My trade list
« Reply #8 on: June 15, 2010, 04:09:56 PM »
If you want your hobbits to be able to survive a few skirmishes, change Merry, Swordthain for Friend to Sam (There is no use for Swordthain ability and 2 Hobbits in your hand clog it). Add Escape. NFFATROD in combo with Shire Countryside can also help here. Exert Merry to make a companion stronger, remove a burden with NFFATROD, heal Merry, exert Merry to make a companion stronger, etc. This deck won't stand a chance against Dunland or Moria, but most other shadows would have a hard time beating it.

A talent for not being seen can make a lot of difference. Then again, it may not. Your choice.

Trade List (TLHH)

June 15, 2010, 04:34:54 PM
Reply #9

Yanko Markovic

• Information Offline
  • Bowman
« Reply #9 on: June 15, 2010, 04:34:54 PM »
Sure, but then Merry would get overwhelmed even before he can use his ability. Unless I use Escape, and then Id have to heal him for the next turn. But then I would only use his ability once, and that ONLY if there is no twilight left.

June 15, 2010, 05:07:29 PM
Reply #10

hrcho

• Information Offline
  • Marksman
    • My trade list
« Reply #10 on: June 15, 2010, 05:07:29 PM »
Why would Merry get overwhelmed? How many minions do you think your opponent can play every turn? 1 minion goes on Smeagol, 1 on Eowyn and 1 can go on Frodo. If you are on high cost sites, you use shadowplay and unheeded to take out a minion or 2. If you play things well, you can sometimes take all minions out with Eowyn, LoI. I don't think that Merry will get in many skirmishes, but that depends on the matchup.

Trade List (TLHH)

June 19, 2010, 09:13:16 AM
Reply #11

Yanko Markovic

• Information Offline
  • Bowman
« Reply #11 on: June 19, 2010, 09:13:16 AM »
That is mainly because I don't have an idea on what should a deck like that look like. But thanks for the card suggestions. I'll look for one of those decks.

June 19, 2010, 10:36:18 AM
Reply #12

Witchkingx5

• Information Offline
  • Knight
« Reply #12 on: June 19, 2010, 10:36:18 AM »
That is mainly because I don't have an idea on what should a deck like that look like. But thanks for the card suggestions. I'll look for one of those decks.

Just throw in all wounding/ initiative cards and there you go... very easy indeed.